Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Tonight's meeting the sheep will not baaaaa and the top table will pass their motion for a new league.
NAP

will actually be interesting to see if some club reps are not mute.

…. but if they do it will only be for the sake of saving face, as part of the future blame game.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

No chance Brechin will overtake Albion they’ve got 17 points from 27 games, I’d be amazed if they can even catch Albions current points total of 24 as on current points per game they’ll only get 23 and even then they’d need Albion to lose every game. Brechin are a beaten team and they’re going to the playoff. They need to hope Brora/Kelty/Bonnyrigg don’t turn up or they’re heading out the leagues.

Saw it mentioned earlier about the West Lothian teams possibly finding the EOSFL is full in the future, that must never happen any club wanting to join meeting the criteria should be accepted. There must be no closed shops and once we have a WOSFL the bottle necks for promotion to the LL and SPFL need to be looked at. Any pyramid should be free flowing with the only hurdles to promotion being minimum ground standards i.e floodlights at Tier 5. Once WOSFL is up and running hopefully the HL/NCL/NRJFA and Tayside clubs can sort something out.

Personally I don't see that as an issue, as there's should be another league or even association underneath. The key to that being that, it'd purely be a level and not a 'grade' as we have now. Hell, slot the ERJFA under it if they'd take it (obviously that's unlikely) as long as everyone is signed to the SFA.

By way of example, I currently play in the Bristol Premier League - Premier (tier 12),

one up is the Gloucestershire county league (T 11), which takes from 2 other leagues in Gloucestershire. this is a different 'grade' as we'd call it. A team has to apply before being promoted and meet, you guessed it, ground criteria. 

2 down is the Bristol and District League system(T 14-19), again, a separate system so we'd have to apply should we get relegated out of our current system.

These leagues are administered by the Gloucestershire FA on behalf of the FA, who hold my registration.

It all works seamlessly, nobody is 'Loyal to the Bristol and district league', and there's a hierarchy of associations as well as the leagues. nobody gets precious about it.

I've been boring some of the lads with the goings on in scotland and they just think it's insane, they're not wrong.

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

It was previously mentioned on here that EoS had knocked back a Tayside club.

For clarity, some Tayside clubs have applied and been refused on geographical grounds ?

During the moves in 2018 John Greenhorn is quoted as saying "We know there is a demand in the west because we had calls from the west and also further north of the Tay."

In the following PWG meetings the EoS have tended to support the creation of a "Tayside league" rather than incorporating into the EoS.

Saw it mentioned earlier about the West Lothian teams possibly finding the EOSFL is full in the future, that must never happen any club wanting to join meeting the criteria should be accepted. There must be no closed shops and once we have a WOSFL the bottle necks for promotion to the LL and SPFL need to be looked at. Any pyramid should be free flowing with the only hurdles to promotion being minimum ground standards i.e floodlights at Tier 5. Once WOSFL is up and running hopefully the HL/NCL/NRJFA and Tayside clubs can sort something out.

There's no chance of the EoS becoming a closed shop.

No chance Brechin will overtake Albion they’ve got 17 points from 27 games, I’d be amazed if they can even catch Albions current points total of 24 as on current points per game they’ll only get 23 and even then they’d need Albion to lose every game. Brechin are a beaten team and they’re going to the playoff. They need to hope Brora/Kelty/Bonnyrigg don’t turn up or they’re heading out the leagues.

Difficult to see Brechin staying up.

7 points behind, played a game more and not showing signs of any upturn in results.

Agree with you, think they're a gonner.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

During the moves in 2018 John Greenhorn is quoted as saying "We know there is a demand in the west because we had calls from the west and also further north of the Tay."

In the following PWG meetings the EoS have tended to support the creation of a "Tayside league" rather than incorporating into the EoS.

Cool, sorted.

Clearly then Tayside must look north.

Dundee to Aberdeen, 66 miles, Dundee to Edinburgh (via Perth M90) 63 miles.

Not as much difference as I thought.

Tayside clubs either stay where they are or start talking to the North Juniors, and if or when they do, it'll stop any nonsense talk of boundary changes .

Hopefully.......

Yep any remainers need only look at the moonscape that is the ERSJFA South now (and what it will be next year). 
Armadale
Bathgate
Bo'ness Utd Juniors
Fauldhouse
Harthill
Linlithgow Rose CFC
Livingston Utd
Pumpherston
Sauchie Juniors Community
Stoneyburn
Syngenta (?)
West Calder
Whitburn
Local teams for local people. Any rump West Region SJFA will, in all probability, eventually boil down to something similar.
Tradition is such an over-romanticised concept. My tenement-dwelling ancestors of the Victorian/Edwardian era I am sure shat in a bucket in the back yard. I am sure that was the tradition on the farms before they moved to Glasgow for work. Things move on.

With all due respect to those clubs listed, that league looks awful especially knowing that they’re basically playing for nothing worthwhile in that set up.

11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

What was it the region did to you? 

Do you know what the Ragman's Roll was?

Anyway, I have always wanted to see the West Region in (as one) and I have said as much on here plenty of times. Even when that was offered, the SJFA refused and pushed on with an agenda that was flawed and doomed. At no point did the WRSJFA stand up to them and fight their own corner. Until after that was taken off the table and the door closed. The blazers have failed the clubs, and perhaps even the grade. I have the square root of F-All interest in grades or blazers, and so do not see these balloons as beyond criticism.

Anyway, here's an article from 2013 with some pretty shameless quotes from TAJ.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13109216.pyramid-scheme-faces-problems-from-the-outset/

The Lowland League basically just a change of name – moving East of Scotland and South of Scotland teams and calling them a Lowland League. It is a lesser-quality league. These clubs don't really have a fan base.

Edited by cmontheloknow

If I hadn't had the misfortune to grow up in Ayrshire myself I'd wonder where these numpties get their "it's an east coast conspiracy!" pish from. But I did, so I don't. Shameless, and utterly brainless, stuff indeed. 

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Anyway, I have always wanted to see the West Region in (as one) and I have said as much on here plenty of times. Even when that was offered, the SJFA refused and pushed on with an agenda that was flawed and doomed. At no point did the WRSJFA stand up to them and fight their own corner. Until after that was taken off the table and the door closed. The blazers have failed the clubs, and perhaps even the grade. I have the square root of F-All interest in grades or blazers, and so do not see these balloons as beyond criticism.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13109216.pyramid-scheme-faces-problems-from-the-outset/

That was the environment created by TAJ & Co at the time, I sat in many meetings and that was the mantra "we're better than them, why would you want anything to do with it".  They wanted tier 5 access with their own Superdooper League (which got barely any support from Junior clubs).

The door was wide open for the 3 Region SJFA structure to move "en-masse" into tier 6 (and was for years after). Complete control of the West and North at that level and below, and probably a merger with the much reduced EoS.  That is what should have happened all those years ago, they could have been running tier 6 / 7 / 8 / 9.

They f*cked it because the SJFA (and many clubs now in the EoS it has to be said) thought they were better than that, they were better than the LL, and they should be at tier 5.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

That was the environment created by TAJ & Co at the time, I sat in many meetings and that was the mantra "we're better than them, why would you want anything to do with it".  They wanted tier 5 access with their own Superdooper League (which got barely any support from Junior clubs).

The door was wide open for the 3 Region SJFA structure to move "en-masse" into tier 6. Complete control of the West and North at that level and below, and probably a merger with the much reduced EoS.  That is what should have happened all those years ago, they could have been running tier 6 / 7 / 8 / 9.

They f*cked it because the SJFA (and many clubs now in the EoS it has to be said) thought they were better than that, they were better than the LL, and they should be at tier 5.

Their Superdooper League was designed to spite the LL, or was certainly heralded as a rival. Hmm. That worked!

Such a misjudgement of the future. Nostra Damn Us.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Anger, resentment to angst and recrimination? Ive met you a few times and never really struck me as an angry man, was genuinely interested in how you arrived at your position. Has Pollok made any statements about things yet?