Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.'......Assumption .

The Ll will be guided by the club's wishes ,hopefully .

The clubs wont in the first season. As I said which you keep ignoring the 13 eosfl.clubs decided the 26 incomers didnt

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont worry, Talbot have been talking to the LL people since this was all announced, they just don’t want to admit it publicly as they know some wont be for it etc, but they’re going.

Talbot were the third team to show an interest after the buffs and clydebank

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is that not another way of saying it's our way or the highway?

If you fail to engage when the pyramid is launched and leave it to Spartans to organise the LL, it should really be no surprise if the EoS are later able to block SJFA participation in the pyramid, if it doesn't suit them to have a rival east feeder. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that it is what it is. If clubs in the west want into the pyramid it will happen through a LL organised WoS. If they don't they can stay junior. What won't happen is being both junior and in the pyramid at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.'......Assumption .

The Ll will be guided by the club's wishes ,hopefully .

Glad we can circle back to the exact point I made in the first place.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is why I only see the proposal being single division or Conferences. The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. If the eventual members decide they want to rank each other  into tiers of some sort let them bring it up and vote on it.

Chances are the vote will go for Conferences, as we've seen with the EoS voting, albeit slightly, for Conferences again next year.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

When are Talbot having a meeting with supporters ?

Personally I think most teams will be waiting on the out come of Thursday's meeting then every team that's showed an interest will be in possession of the facts that they can then take to the fans.

Thanks, I just wonder what executive powers the sfa actually have in these circumstances and if it would go to an egm for example to ratify. 

Now we are getting a clearer idea if where you are going with this, your turn I see.

Personally I think most teams will be waiting on the out come of Thursday's meeting then every team that's showed an interest will be in possession of the facts that they can then take to the fans.
Might be my cynicism showing but I have a feeling some will jump the gun & sign up to whatever the WRJFA plan is. Hopefully not though & the honchos at clubs will wait to weigh up the options whilst also doing research & asking the right questions.

2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

My orginal fear was that there was bad feelings towards the SJFA and that there was never much of a prospect of an agreement, more so with the veto situation. As I am apperently a stupid gullible person, I had hoped the sfa could come in, look at it and say naw well that's going no where, this is what should happen. 

I personally wouldn't want to be in a negotiation where everyone had more power than me, fully controlled the entry and more so when they could just stand up, walk away making me out to be the incompetent or problem party.  No making excuses for anyone I just personally wouldn't want to find myself in that position.

Anyway I can see the red dot mafia pinging away while typing, I do wonder why they find me so stupid and or threatening?

Let's flip that round.

You're only happy negotiating where you have more power than everyone else.

This is the attitude the SJFA took and it's why they're about to be gutted.

The point about a negotiation is that everyone gives and takes. All the WRSJFA had to do to become the feeder from tier 6 down in the west was align registration, discipline etc with the rest. LL, EOS, SoS, HL, SFA all agreed. Everyone except the SFA (who had no power) had the same amount of power, because each need to agree. The SJFA refused, even though a clear majority of WRSJFA clubs had voted to join the pyramid.

Things dragged on through more PWG meetings until it became clear to all concerned that the SJFA weren't going to agree unless everyone else gave them everything they wanted, including a parallel league at tier 6 in the east, which was obviously unacceptable. So they wrapped up the PWG and the LL made their offer to WRSJFA clubs who wanted to move on.

That's why we are where we are. 

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Well it won't just be Bankies and Buffs unless the committees are senile.

SFA full member club Girvan are expected to join the WoSL, as a means of retaining their licence, in case the SFA rules change, and clubs not playing in a senior leagues are excluded from membership (and from the Scottish Cup) in the (near) future. The club is apparently fund raising for the purchase of floodlights.