Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

It's not for me to make suggestions but think it's something worth discussion as the possibility of financial losses for a year or two could tip the balance for some. 

There's two ways you can look at conference leagues the premier club's finances may be down for a season or two so will have to cut their cloth  to suit? But the so called lesser club's will get a boost from increased attendances so it's not all doom and gloom . Also what you will find moving association's is not about one of two season's it about long term stability in an association that shows it cares and is willing to help their member club's thrive.

Edited by wow-wee

9 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

There's two ways you can look at conference leagues the premier club's finances may be down for a season or two so will have to cut their cloth  to suit? But the so called lesser club's will get a boost from increased attendances so it's not all doom and gloom . Also what you will find moving association's is not about one of two season's it about long term stability in an association that shows it cares and is willing to help their member club's thrive.

Ours went up in the conferences than when in super league

7 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

There's two ways you can look at conference leagues the premier club's finances may be down for a season or two so will have to cut their cloth  to suit? But the so called lesser club's will get a boost from increased attendances so it's not all doom and gloom .

Football aside, How would you sell it to supporters that their club will lose substantial amounts of money and players, so that civil service and who ever else can get big gates for a while? 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Football aside, How would you sell it to supporters that their club will lose substantial amounts of money and players, so that civil service and who ever else can get big gates for a while? 

Tell them what I've just said 

Civil Service Strollers play in the Lowland League and have nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Your ignorance is so unbelievable 

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Its possible  i actually said at the time.those that embraced it were those that benefitted

For the vast majority Conferences will have a negligible effect on attendances. They'll have their core support that turns up to every game.

The bump in attendance every once in awhile by a big club or big game would be partially alleviated by the way the fixtures would be handled around international weekends, festive season and not having Junior Cup postponements rolling on for a couple of weeks.

Plus its only for a year for the bigger clubs.

I'd say it's more ignorant to not consider the financial and footballing impact as being important? These arent my paticular concerns but I certainly heard them a lot. Choice of team could be more appropriate but I dont know who has all registered an interest and was clearly just an example

I'd say it's more ignorant to not consider the financial and footballing impact as being important? These arent my paticular concerns but I certainly heard them a lot. Choice of team could be more appropriate but I dont know who has all registered an interest and was clearly just an example

I think we can safely say that Civil Service Strollers have not registered an interest in dropping down a tier to a league outside their geographic area.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For the vast majority Conferences will have a negligible effect on attendances. They'll have their core support that turns up to every game.

The bump in attendance every once in awhile by a big club or big game would be partially alleviated by the way the fixtures would be handled around international weekends, festive season and not having Junior Cup postponements rolling on for a couple of weeks.

Plus its only for a year for the bigger clubs.

But did it ? I'm not sure attendances were any worse or majorly worse

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Penicuik, Broxburn, Bonnyrigg got license: did well.

6 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Exactly.

Stay Junior:  be poorer.

Is that not what a move would be like for bigger teams moving?

Moving from being outside of the pyramid to the highest level they can apply to within the pyramid?

As others have said you're just posting shite to try and help your pals Ronney and Johnston. You know it's a lot of pish.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

He's trolling.

Why is it hard for you to imagine that going to your clubs supporters saying for example, we will lose upwards of X amount in the first year if we go for this opition however in year three we may claw that back... might not be applauded?