Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You're not averse to giving out the odd red dot yourself. emoji6.png

Probably find when something is personally aimed at me I will red dot, rather than just not agreeing. Is no where near at all your pal marshmallow, who red dots everything I post. 

11 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Apart from your club, every single other club in the top flight has spent time in the lower league(s) in the past decade and it wasn't the end of the world for any of them.

Cant speak for others but have a hunch this will be a paticular sticking point for a lot of clubs. If I was the wosl I would spend a great deal of time getting this area as right as possible 

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

Must be nice having a red dot stalker Killiepiyo 

Think he must be going for a P&B record

Think I've had about every stalker going on here, red dot one is a new one granted. Does he contribute elsewhere on the site? Seems to have amassed a very high rep on but cant think of much in the junior forum where he has had 'upvotes' 

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Cant speak for others but have a hunch this will be a paticular sticking point for a lot of clubs. If I was the wosl I would spend a great deal of time getting this area as right as possible 

Why because if you dont doanything you will have a nothing season and a year wasted

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Being put off by a single season of Conference football, just has a negative impact further down the line.

Enough clubs are going to sign up for the WoSFL and they are going to be Tier 6 and licenced, while those worried about missing certain fixtures will be outside the pyramid and lost depth to the West Region.

Keep in mind these were the original 13 clubs accepted into the EoSFL for 2018-19:

• Blackburn Utd (Premier League)
  • Bonnyrigg Rose (Super League)
  • Camelon (Super League)
  • Crossgates (South Division)
  • Dalkeith (Premier Division)
  • Dunipace (Central Second Division)
  • Easthouses (South Division)
  • Edinburgh Utd (South Division)
  • Haddington (Premier League)
  • Hill of Beath (Super League)
  • Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts (Youth)
  • Musselburgh (Premier League)
  • Tranent  (Premier League)

Only 3x Super League clubs. When the bigger clubs realised they were losing the strength and depth of the region, they soon signed up.

Just for clarity, is it correct to say , from this post, that 13 clubs applied to EoS, then, when the deadline was extended, a further 13 applied and were accepted ?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

The beauty of this of course is that clubs can stay in the Juniors if they aren't comfortable with a Conference system (or any other aspect of the WoSFL). 

They have a choice.

Is that not another way of saying it's our way or the highway?

The Juniors wont be integrated but the current Junior teams will. Really dont see what the problem with that is.

Interesting to know, thank you. Burnie makes out like everyone went to every extent to ensure the juniors entered the pyramid but reading that I feel like, the veto is a powerful tool. I can see how the present situation has come about a bit clearer and it's actually clever. Not great for getting the juniors integrated but gives you pretty much everything and you can run it? 

Just now, Burnie_man said:

The beauty of this of course is that clubs can stay in the Juniors if they aren't comfortable with a Conference system (or any other aspect of the WoSFL). 

They have a choice.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Well it's either conferences next season or come in at the lowest level in a year or two. It's for the clubs to decide.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Having read through their constitution to try to find any powers like that after this became an issue on here around this time last year I came up empty. The reality is that the LL, EoS and SoS managed to write a veto for themselves on future changes into the LL playoff rules and the SFA must have signed off on it when the LL was first being formed. The SJFA's mistake was to not engage at that point and make sure they also would have a say on what happened in future.

Totally agree with Longtime Lurker. let's be clear the pyramid agreements arent just a set of club rules, they are legally binding commercial contracts. One between the SFA, SPFL, LL, and HL, covering entry into the Spfl, and the other between the SFA, LL, EoS, and SoS for entry into the LL. Both are worded so that all parties are equal with no clause built in which allows any new party to be brought in with out the full agreement of all parties, or even a clause which allows any party to leave the agreements. The LL, EOS, and SoS have a veto for entry into the LL. Any move by the SFA to put something in place outside of either agreement would open up to breach of contract. The SFA have so far shown no appetite to do anything other than act as a facilitator and so can't now see them having appetite to lead any renegotiation of the current agreements. 

Edited by morley

Just now, gogsy said:

He is all over the place. He is a marshycome lately to this particular thread, only really started polluting it the last couple of months.

Certainly an oddity from my perspective, dots don't really mean much to me other than folk liking what ever video it is I've posted.

6 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

Well it's either conferences next season or come in at the lowest level in a year or two. It's for the clubs to decide.

It's not for me to make suggestions but think it's something worth discussion as the possibility of financial losses for a year or two could tip the balance for some. 

11 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Just for clarity, is it correct to say , from this post, that 13 clubs applied to EoS, then, when the deadline was extended, a further 13 applied and were accepted ?

Yes. Dundonald applied originally, then deferred to 2019-20 but then went for 2018-19 when other clubs kept applying.

15 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

See, it's responses like that why people think you come on here with an agenda.

It is what it is clearly, stay Junior or move to WoSFL.

Nobody is forced to do anything.

37 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The SJFA declined to engage with the other parties at the time the LL was being mooted nearly ten years ago . Why would you expect them to have a say in how the regulations were written?

That's my understanding of it - the SJFA turned up their noses at the idea of a Lowland League and junior team supporters have ridiculed the quality of the teams in it ever since. The sad thing is from a junior club perspective had the SJFA participated from the start they could have run the show.

8 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

It's not for me to make suggestions but think it's something worth discussion as the possibility of financial losses for a year or two could tip the balance for some. 

Clubs that don't join for that reason are looking for excuses not to join. I'm sure the WoSFL will be perfectly content to move on without them.