Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

If as reported several dozen pages ago, the WRJFA plan is to join the pyramid with the West Premier as seniors but the rest of the league as juniors, I would hope the SPFL, or at the very least some of their clubs, had a view.. It could mean that a club like Albion Rovers is only two relegations from being kicked out the senior set up.

Getting back to Gordon Ronney's assertions. The SFA could theoretically sanction a WRSJFA run WoS in the senior grade for as soon as next season, but the point that needs to be made clear is that league would not be able to enter the  pyramid as a west feeder without the LL, EoS and SoS also signing off on it because of the way the LL playoff rules are worded. It is disingenuous to leave people with the impression that there is a viable path to the pyramid through that approach. There isn't.

The only viable pathway into the pyramid will be through whatever the LL, EoS and SoS organise, because they hold all the aces at this point. The powers that be at the SJFA chose not to engage with the senior grade pyramid when it was emerging back in 2013, so they allowed the other leagues that did to shape the rules to suit themselves in a manner that will ultimately lead to the SJFA's demise over the next few seasons.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

I think it will make it a harder sell if the LL are telling the top west clubs their facing at least a season worth of not as savoury fixtures as they are presently getting. 

Well, you've already had Clydebank say they're leaving. Good chance Kilwinning Rangers will too considering how in the mix they have been. Take another couple of clubs out of the Premiership and some from the Championship, would the Junior league that remains be much different from a season of Conferences?

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Well, you've already had Clydebank say they're leaving. Good chance Kilwinning Rangers will too considering how in the mix they have been. Take another couple of clubs out of the Premiership and some from the Championship, would the Junior league that remains be much different from a season of Conferences?

You could also suggest it could be clydebank and Kilwinning in the south of scotland, with the current west remaining in tact? Lot of ground to cover yet but just putting across that I can see a replica of the present divisional structure being preferable to me. I could be wrong but is it not within the SFA's power to implement a play off spot to the LL league? 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

You could also suggest it could be clydebank and Kilwinning in the south of scotland, with the current west remaining in tact? Lot of ground to cover yet but just putting across that I can see a replica of the present divisional structure being preferable to me. I could be wrong but is it not within the SFA's power to implement a play off spot to the LL league? 

Well it won't just be Bankies and Buffs unless the committees are senile.

You are wrong. The playoff rules are posted way up the thread, any changes need to be approved by the SFA, the LL, the SOSFL and the EOSFL. The SFA can't impose or grant anything without the agreement of the other 3.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Well it won't just be Bankies and Buffs unless the committees are senile.

It was just an example, could rutherglen and clydebank. I dont think ageism will win any hearts and minds, think its human nature to favour what's closet to the familiar 

1 hour ago, timeforchange said:

Out of curiosity should Clydebank and Kilwinning be able to attend the West Region meeting on Tuesday night although both clubs are members of The Sjfa but have both indicated that they are both leaving. 

They might be the ones to asked the difficult questions and to challenge supposed facts that aren't 

You could also suggest it could be clydebank and Kilwinning in the south of scotland, with the current west remaining in tact? Lot of ground to cover yet but just putting across that I can see a replica of the present divisional structure being preferable to me.

If Clydebank and Kilwinning go, do you really think none of the 61 other clubs in the West Region will leave for a pyramid league?

I could be wrong but is it not within the SFA's power to implement a play off spot to the LL league? 

Back in October 2018 Ian Maxwell put together is draft statement saying the West Region and East Region are going to be in the pyramid for 2019-20. Didn't happen because as soon as the pyramid leagues saw it, they disagreed with its content.

In March/April 2019 Ian Maxwell presented the LL playoff model to be used in 2019/20 for a vote by the pyramid leagues. The EoS and LL voted against.

The SFA have no ability to force the West Region into the Lowland League. If they did they would of done it 18 months ago.

Just now, peasy23 said:
4 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

You are wrong. The playoff rules are posted way up the thread, any changes need to be approved by the SFA, the LL, the SOSFL and the EOSFL. The SFA can't impose or grant anything without the agreement of the other 3.

Thanks, I just wonder what executive powers the sfa actually have in these circumstances and if it would go to an egm for example to ratify. 

Back in October 2018 Ian Maxwell put together is draft statement saying the West Region and East Region are going to be in the pyramid for 2019-20. Didn't happen because as soon as the pyramid leagues saw it, they disagreed with its content.
In March/April 2019 Ian Maxwell presented the LL playoff model to be used in 2019/20 for a vote by the pyramid leagues. The EoS and LL voted against.
The SFA have no ability to force the West Region into the Lowland League. If they did they would of done it 18 months ago.
Also to back this up look at the relationship between the SFA & SPFL. If the SFA were able to 'impose' changes we'd have OF colts in the league plus that SPFL3 minter of an idea.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Also to back this up look at the relationship between the SFA & SPFL. If the SFA were able to 'impose' changes we'd have OF colts in the league plus that SPFL3 minter of an idea.

Not sure how much of that is the SFA and not just the OF influence over the SPFL competition committee? Whatever its called that comes up with these suggestions.

Not sure how much of that is the SFA and not just the OF influence over the SPFL competition committee? Whatever its called that comes up with these suggestions.
Thought it'd originated from the SFA for some reason, my bad.

And these are obviously the "done deal" emails that the WRSJFA are pinning everything on. Which are absolutely worthless when combined with the existing playoff rules.

Thanks, I just wonder what executive powers the sfa actually have in these circumstances and if it would go to an egm for example to ratify. 

Having read through their constitution to try to find any powers like that after this became an issue on here around this time last year I came up empty. The reality is that the LL, EoS and SoS managed to write a veto for themselves on future changes into the LL playoff rules and the SFA must have signed off on it when the LL was first being formed. The SJFA's mistake was to not engage at that point and make sure they also would have a say on what happened in future.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Interesting to know, thank you. Burnie makes out like everyone went to every extent to ensure the juniors entered the pyramid but reading that I feel like, the veto is a powerful tool. I can see how the present situation has come about a bit clearer and it's actually clever. Not great for getting the juniors integrated but gives you pretty much everything and you can run it? 

4 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Interesting to know, thank you. Burnie makes out like everyone went to every extent to ensure the juniors entered the pyramid but reading that I feel like, the veto is a powerful tool. I can see how the present situation has come about a bit clearer and it's actually clever. Not great for getting the juniors integrated but gives you pretty much everything and you can run it? 

The Juniors refused to engage from the very beginning. You don't need a PhD in Google to find a variety of condescending remarks from certain somebodies. Short term self interest is why we are here. No other reason.

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

If you go all the way back to May 2018 with the first real PWG trying to integrate the "Juniors" into the pyramid. Nothing really changed.

image.png.fa209ab387a5724b0cc9e44830783f94.png

The EoS had objections over the East coming in.

The HL would be largely left out of proceedings with the split in the PWG to Highland/Lowland subgroups.

The LL had largely administrative concerns. A lot of which changed, but not all.

Only the SoS were okay with the SJFA as is.