Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

If you are going to ask questions then you really need to read and understand the answers. Precedent tells you much of what you query but it appears that is not what you want to hear so you press on regardless.

Stand back and assess - you have asked questions, you have received answers, you have all but ignored those answers and asked the same questions couched in a different way and then screamed bullying when patience with you is lost. I’m not sure what it is you are trying to ascertain over and above what should already be obvious to you.....and I’m certainly not sure what you think you are achieving. Whatever you believe it is, it’s not working.

However - just one last time and in answer to just one of your questions.....no one is cherry picking teams. EoSFL precedent tells you that. There is minimum criteria - meet that and you’re in. How difficult is that to understand?

Wasnt sure you could look down on me from any higher but here we are

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

I dare say if Wee Mad Mental Davie's Pals United playing out of Davie's back court are one of the 51teams that have expressed an interest in the new league they might have a decision to make again.

Or,...as we call them...Clydebank. :)

You just proved his point. You asked a question, you got an answer, and then responded with an unnecessary sarcastic comment because the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Just now, Black & Red Socks said:

I’m not even sure what that’s supposed to mean but I’m all but certain you believe it to be a winning argument so batter on.

No it's not a winning argument, might surprise you to know that the riff raff do things other than fight. Your were telling me what i was thinking and that is quite the talent 

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
8 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

You just proved his point. You asked a question, you got an answer, and then responded with an unnecessary sarcastic comment because the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.

He is pretty condescending 

47 minutes ago, VillanoXIV said:

One question I wanted to ask was has there been any issues with Juniors moving over to the EOS in terms of fixture pile-ups and the calendar shift? 

As far as I know, the senior teams are restricted from playing in June, while the Juniors do so a few weeks later to allow them to deal with fixture pile-ups like Talbot every year or Wishaw’s hellish season where they had three thousand games in hand by April and ended up playing four games a week by the end.

Is there any sort of protocol for this in the Seniors? With the apocalyptic weather we’ve had this year and whole cards being postponed, how are the EOS defectors poised to cope in the finishing straight this year?

Don't think there's a hard limit of June as last season the King Cup final was played on 1st June.

There is a deadline of 2nd May this season to crown the EOS Premier Division champion; the league leaders only have two midweek games scheduled in April (they do have an artificial pitch though). Clubs in the chasing pack have three/four/five midweek games, but nothing on a Monday as yet.

More clubs have floodlights in the EOS than the Juniors so a midweek round of fixtures in October can be scheduled, and cup games can fit in midweek if needed. There's also not a sectional cup which takes up the first two matchdays of the season, and no replays in an cup competitions (apart from the Scottish Cup) or two-legged semis.

As for Wishaw - they took 10 Saturdays to complete their Junior Cup third round tie v Downfield - this basically wouldn't be allowed to happen in the seniors. In the Scottish Cup you get a couple of attempts before switching to midweek; in the South Challenge Cup there's two attempts for both home and away clubs, then it'll be moved elsewhere (presumably an artificial pitch).

"That Pie and Bovril sums it up, there's boys getting bullied off eh that website and aw thur daein is askin questions! Look at what happened tae Kennie, that's a proper Junior man who gies up so much eh his time for the game. We aw need tae stick together and no be pressured into anything by the mob oan there."

Sorry remind me again how that's not bullying? Think folks determination to bury hatchets has led them so far down the garden path that anyone who remotely questions anything or asks for explanations is barged with abuse, red dots and frequently called stupid. 
The information you are asking to be posted on here already has been, it us also freely available on the internet on the eosfl and LL websites.

Coming in here asking for it and being upset when people dont want to repost it is a bit like asking on here how much Tesco is charging for apples, go find out on Tesco's website.

In short though there has been no decision made on league structure, the criteria is based around grounds, paperwork and disciplinary procedures. If they follow the east example they will conference it so everyone gets a fair crack from the off forming a top league after year 1.

Some teams (not junior clubs I'd imagine) wont make it based on those criteria.

There is also no requirement for gold mated toilets, floodlights or any other licence stuff for entry at tier 6.

27 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Both played on unenclosed parks for starters (though Strollers were improving things). Did the Strollers app even progress once Glenrothes JFC threw their hat into the ring?

I got the impression that Glenrothes Strollers and Musselburgh Windsor were advised to withdraw their applications, as it was obvious that their grounds wouldn't meet the criteria, rather than them being rejected formally. Might have got the wrong end of the stick though.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

I got the impression that Glenrothes Strollers and Musselburgh Windsor were advised to withdraw their applications, as it was obvious that their grounds wouldn't meet the criteria, rather than them being rejected formally. Might have got the wrong end of the stick though.

I'd actually forgotten about them and possibly conflated Glenrothes Strollers with Glenrothes Juniors who DID join...I also don't think either got to the stage of being formally rejected, more gently informed they were non-starters.  Syngenta seem to have been the only one to have got as far as being formally rejected, a decision which might well have been correct given their lack of security of ground tenure which has been borne out this season.

46 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

The information you are asking to be posted on here already has been.
Coming in here asking for it and being upset when people dont want to repost it 

Well that would have been easy enough said, feel its just a chance to ridicule and attack anyone daring to question 'the way it is'.  Again promise I won't be the only person with similar questions. Is it like the hounds smell blood or something? when everyone takes turns at posting your stupid, backwards and some sort of co conspirator?

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Don't think there's a hard limit of June as last season the King Cup final was played on 1st June.

There is a deadline of 2nd May this season to crown the EOS Premier Division champion; the league leaders only have two midweek games scheduled in April (they do have an artificial pitch though). Clubs in the chasing pack have three/four/five midweek games, but nothing on a Monday as yet.

More clubs have floodlights in the EOS than the Juniors so a midweek round of fixtures in October can be scheduled, and cup games can fit in midweek if needed. There's also not a sectional cup which takes up the first two matchdays of the season, and no replays in an cup competitions (apart from the Scottish Cup) or two-legged semis.

As for Wishaw - they took 10 Saturdays to complete their Junior Cup third round tie v Downfield - this basically wouldn't be allowed to happen in the seniors. In the Scottish Cup you get a couple of attempts before switching to midweek; in the South Challenge Cup there's two attempts for both home and away clubs, then it'll be moved elsewhere (presumably an artificial pitch).

Sorry I've played junior all my days and watched it all my days and never realised this.
Even in youth football, the Scottish cup and regional cups you have 3 attempts at home to get the tie played, if not, its switched to the opponents ground.
I take it that this is only in junior football that this is allowed