Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
21 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:
Flying in the face of all the available evidence there then.

Musselburgh Windsor & Glenrothes Strollers (both youth teams) have also been rejected on ground criteria. Seem to re-call one of them didn't even turn up to a meeting to present their case.

Well thats just inconvenient

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Well thats just inconvenient

Neither established clubs at adult level you'll note and at least one that seems to have been a sufficiently frivolous application that they never bothered turning up.

But yeah, some serious cherrypicking going on there...I dare say if Wee Mad Mental Davie's Pals United playing out of Davie's back court are one of the 51teams that have expressed an interest in the new league they might have a decision to make again.

Basically they will cherry pick who they want from the juniors and place them where ever they want to, no appeals or anything. Is there a way to get a better position? Perhaps promises already made? who knows.  

“Who knows”? Quite palpably - not you. Posting constant nonsense in the guise of intelligent probing, your grasp of the subject matter is frankly embarrassing. You do yourself or your beloved grade absolutely no favours with such pathetic interventions. The Juniors are down the toilet and attitudes such as yours are precisely why. Dearie me.

Just now, Black & Red Socks said:

“Who knows”? Quite palpably - not you. Posting constant nonsense in the guise of intelligent probing, your grasp of the subject matter is frankly embarrassing. You do yourself or your beloved grade absolutely no favours with such pathetic interventions. The Juniors are down the toilet and attitudes such as yours are precisely why. Dearie next.

Posts like this and others kinda point towards what I fear, it's not progressive and more bullying

I'm just backwards, stupid, lying, arse etc for dare asking questions and putting forward my concerns. Sad thing for me is I'm actually for joining the pyramid but genuinely worry what type of environment that will look if having a different concern or focus is greeted with what I'm getting on p&b. 

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

I'm just backwards, stupid, lying, arse etc for dare asking questions and putting forward my concerns. Sad thing for me is I'm actually for joining the pyramid but genuinely worry what type of environment that will look if having a different concern or focus is greeted with what I'm getting on p&b. 

You're fooling nobody with that game.

One question I wanted to ask was has there been any issues with Juniors moving over to the EOS in terms of fixture pile-ups and the calendar shift? 

As far as I know, the senior teams are restricted from playing in June, while the Juniors do so a few weeks later to allow them to deal with fixture pile-ups like Talbot every year or Wishaw’s hellish season where they had three thousand games in hand by April and ended up playing four games a week by the end.

Is there any sort of protocol for this in the Seniors? With the apocalyptic weather we’ve had this year and whole cards being postponed, how are the EOS defectors poised to cope in the finishing straight this year?

Just now, Burnie_man said:

You're fooling nobody with that game.

Theres no fooling, or game I think Talbot would make a success of the pyramid. I've consistently said since the discussion first emerged. Folk can bully people off this site but I'm not afraid of posting what I think, feel or otherwise. 

Posts like this and others kinda point towards what I fear, it's not progressive and more bullying

It’s really just a reaction to your utterly non-sensical questioning, all of which flies in the face of every piece of available evidence - evidence you appear to glory in ignoring. However, go ahead and play the bullied card and dress it up just as you want - people see through it you know and as I’ve already said, it’s just such poor charades that have brought the juniors to such an ignominious end.

Theres no fooling, or game I think Talbot would make a success of the pyramid. I've consistently said since the discussion first emerged. Folk can bully people off this site but I'm not afraid of posting what I think, feel or otherwise. 
Ah, come on the thread, post a bit of misinformation and when people call you out on it, run off crying bullying. Pathetic [emoji23][emoji85]

Sorry remind me again how that's not bullying? Think folks determination to bury hatchets has led them so far down the garden path that anyone who remotely questions anything or asks for explanations is barged with abuse, red dots and frequently called stupid. 

Sorry remind me again how that's not bullying? Think folks determination to bury hatchets has led them so far down the garden path that anyone who remotely questions anything or asks for explanations is barged with abuse, red dots and frequently called stupid. 

[emoji85][emoji23]

One question I wanted to ask was has there been any issues with Juniors moving over to the EOS in terms of fixture pile-ups and the calendar shift? 

As far as I know, the senior teams are restricted from playing in June, while the Juniors do so a few weeks later to allow them to deal with fixture pile-ups like Talbot every year or Wishaw’s hellish season where they had three thousand games in hand by April and ended up playing four games a week by the end.

Is there any sort of protocol for this in the Seniors? With the apocalyptic weather we’ve had this year and whole cards being postponed, how are the EOS defectors poised to cope in the finishing straight this year?

Not a supporter of an EOS club but from what I've saw the following help:

Clear & set deadline for EOS Premier to be done in time for promotion playoffs

Full season fixture list in advance makes planning/scheduling easier

Midweek games are played earlier in season & more frequently vs juniors

South Challenge Cup has flexible scheduling so a club won't lose weeks trying to play a fixture vs how junior cup is scheduled

EOS has adjusted comps in a sensible matter where deemed necessary such as King Cup now being for clubs out with the EOS Premier only & the EOS Qualifying Leagues being scrapped to account for the increased league schedule

18 minutes ago, VillanoXIV said:

The seniors are not restricted from playing in June, or any other month of the year. There are deadlines for each league to identify a champion before certain dates, but there's no real restriction on when cup competitions (or even other league games) can be played. The only people who do put a restriction on when games are played are the Juniors, who ban their clubs from playing friendlies before a certain date for no real reason.

It is very rare for senior teams to get fixture pile-ups of that nature because the league tends to be given priority over cup competitions. The cups, with the exception of the Scottish Cup and the South Challenge Cup, tend to get slotted in around the league games, and if there are postponements in the Scottish Cup or South Challenge Cup then they have no aversion to playing them in midweek rather than postponing league games week after week until they get played.

If you look at the East of Scotland League tables then you'll see that there is much less variability in the number of fixtures played as a result. Jeanfield have played the fewest games in the Premier league - they still have 14 games to play, but most of those (11) are already scheduled before the end of April and I would guess that the other three will be scheduled soon.

25 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

people see through it you know and as I’ve already said, it’s just such poor charades that have brought the juniors to such an ignominious end.

Again with the knowing everything including what people think thing again. 

If you are going to ask questions then you really need to read and understand the answers. Precedent tells you much of what you query but it appears that is not what you want to hear so you press on regardless.

Stand back and assess - you have asked questions, you have received answers, you have all but ignored those answers and asked the same questions couched in a different way and then screamed bullying when patience with you is lost. I’m not sure what it is you are trying to ascertain over and above what should already be obvious to you.....and I’m certainly not sure what you think you are achieving. Whatever you believe it is, it’s not working.

However - just one last time and in answer to just one of your questions.....no one is cherry picking teams. EoSFL precedent tells you that. There is minimum criteria - meet that and you’re in. How difficult is that to understand?