Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was listening to some old guys at Shotts today, although I think they were Carluke supporters, the lack of knowledge was frightening. There was so many misconceptions that it wasn't worth trying to correct them.

I think this is rife throughout the West Region. Heard some shockers at Troon last week. This thread has its good points but it’s also full of the misconceptions that grow arms and legs and end up in the terraces. I’m sure in the next few weeks clubs will start to feed our information to fans when they get it from the new league setup 

1 minute ago, ibenji said:

I think this is rife throughout the West Region. Heard some shockers at Troon last week. This thread has its good points but it’s also full of the misconceptions that grow arms and legs and end up in the terraces. I’m sure in the next few weeks clubs will start to feed our information to fans when they get it from the new league setup 

It's not actually, most posters try to point out the facts to anyone who raises issues.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was listening to some old guys at Shotts today, although I think they were Carluke supporters, the lack of knowledge was frightening. There was so many misconceptions that it wasn't worth trying to correct them.

Going by the way the delegates voted the same way (I assume after a Committee vote) then it's not just supporters with a lack of info.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There are still 40+ expressions of interest for the WoS from west region clubs though, so there must be some people who understand which way the wind is blowing.

I got the impression it was total disinterest. Carluke away so watch the next available game, no interest in grade, level, opponent etc. Just a vague notion that something was happening along the lines of big clubs leaving, smaller ones excluded and left to play in county divisions.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I got the impression it was total disinterest. Carluke away so watch the next available game, no interest in grade, level, opponent etc. Just a vague notion that something was happening along the lines of big clubs leaving, smaller ones excluded and left to play in county divisions.

Maybe not too far from reality then?

The West Region WANT clubs to be excluded as it suits their agenda (the big clubs don't care about the wee ones, all for one and one for all!)

The irony is that the West Region's plan is exactly what will separate clubs out - those that swear fealty to the SJFA and those that see that particular movement as little more than a barrel heading over the Niagara Falls.

Every clubs that signs up for oblivion is a victory for the SJFA and will doubtless be paraded like prizes on a cheap game show on Twitter by a certain somebody. Salvation of the Association, preserving 134 years of history. It would seem to be all they care about. The clubs never come first for an association that fines them (unlike SFA unless serial offenders), taxes them (reinstatement from Senior football) and has failed miserably to attract any decent sponsorship (in financial terms) to its competitions.

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think we sometimes forget in the P&B microcosm that probably 90%+ of fans care very little about what's going on outside the bubble of their own club's week to week results. A vanishingly small proportion of the remainder will be either hardcore pyramid enthusiasts or grade loyalists no matter how much we'd imagine it to be otherwise based on what we read on this forum.

What everybody's got in common though is that they want to see what's best for their club done.

This being the case, it is genuinely sad the way things have turned out...at this stage in the proceedings I don't see any way to avoid it turning even more acrimonious than it has been till now.

21 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The clubs never come first for an association that fines them (unlike SFA unless serial offenders), taxes them (reinstatement from Senior football) and has failed miserably to attract any decent sponsorship (in financial terms) to its competitions.

This reinstatement TAX stuck out for me with a comment from one of the Dunipace guys. They said the screen fencing for their ground was about the same as the money they saved by no longer having to pay this tax after going Senior. Just say a club reinstates 4 or 5 players a season @ £40 a time. Over a decade there's a fair sum that's gone to sit in the SJFA bank account rather than a club use it on repairs to their ground. They're sitting on a half million pound Investment Bond while still taxing players just to play.

I cant believe you are suggesting the sjfa are doing anything wrong here. Taxing clubs is normal.....when you have to pay 30k a year for a salary.

They have a plan. A good plan. The best plan. All the good plan makers say its the best they have seen. Its impressive. You should see it. Everything else is fake news.

I would expect that a lot of pressure will be exerted on club reps at Tuesday night's WRSJFA "extra General Meeting" to sign up to Gordon Ronney's plan.

However, for the reps representing those clubs who have expressed an interest in the LL-WoSFL plan, they have a duty of due diligence to their clubs to hold fire and wait till they hear both sides by attending the information meeting on Thursday before committing to either side.

Until both sides have been heard, and the results of Thursday's "partial PWG meeting" are known, then no club should be committing either way in my opinion. (Unless they are already absolutely certain of what route they prefer, e.g. Clydebank.)
That's the only sensible option

I think I am going to go into hiding this week and not see the fall out of what happens at Tuesday and Thursdays meetings. The thread is the quietest it's been for ages today. Must be the lull before the storm next week when it will go into meltdown and touch 2000 pages by next weekend. 

9 minutes ago, morley said:

I think I am going to go into hiding this week and not see the fall out of what happens at Tuesday and Thursdays meetings. The thread is the quietest it's been for ages today. Must be the lull before the storm next week when it will go into meltdown and touch 2000 pages by next weekend. 

Image result for tumbleweed

5 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Both countries have functioning pyramids.

Go and tell UEFA why you think they don't

In both countries it's not possible to get promoted from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier. In The Netherlands, 2nd tier is full-time, 3rd is part-time, yet there is no promotion/relegation between them. And considering I'm from The Netherlands myself, I think I know how it works there...

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

This reinstatement TAX stuck out for me with a comment from one of the Dunipace guys. They said the screen fencing for their ground was about the same as the money they saved by no longer having to pay this tax after going Senior. Just say a club reinstates 4 or 5 players a season @ £40 a time. Over a decade there's a fair sum that's gone to sit in the SJFA bank account rather than a club use it on repairs to their ground. They're sitting on a half million pound Investment Bond while still taxing players just to play.

Aye but did Dunipace ever propose a vote at AGM for reinstatement to be abolished ? The clubs make the decisions , reinstatement could have been done away with yonks ago.

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I cant believe you are suggesting the sjfa are doing anything wrong here. Taxing clubs is normal.....when you have to pay 30k a year for a salary.

They have a plan. A good plan. The best plan. All the good plan makers say its the best they have seen. Its impressive. You should see it. Everything else is fake news.

ok donald!

Aye but did Dunipace ever propose a vote at AGM for reinstatement to be abolished ? The clubs make the decisions , reinstatement could have been done away with yonks ago.
Aye your right its the clubs fault.

Just a thought were the clubs consulted/decision makers on forming a new wos league by either the sjfa or the wrsjfa?