Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Emmm, Arthurlie have indoor toilets as well as out door toilets. We could just shut down the outside ones if it came to that or put a roof over them!

Ah, didn't know that fair enough.

In terms of influence of the two respective parties in this debate, how do the SFA make their money? , would be interesting to know what % the non league senior game brings in to the SFA/Scottish game v how much the sjfa bring, so maybe indicate the financial influence each party has with the SFA. 

In terms of influence of the two respective parties in this debate, how do the SFA make their money? , would be interesting to know what % the non league senior game brings in to the SFA/Scottish game v how much the sjfa bring, so maybe indicate the financial influence each party has with the SFA. 

Share of money from uefa etc is a large chunk. If Scotland qualify for euros the money will be even more.

31 minutes ago, morley said:

90% of SFA's income is from TV & Radio the Scottish Cup, EUFA & FIFA, Commercial, and international matches. Any income from the non-league game must be part of the "other income" of 2%, i.e. negligible.

41% of the income is distributed to the clubs and associations, so both groups are probably net beneficiaries.

51 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Share of money from uefa etc is a large chunk. If Scotland qualify for euros the money will be even more.

As I understand it, for the UEFA money, having a functioning pyramid football structure is a pre-requisite

13 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

As I understand it, for the UEFA money, having a functioning pyramid football structure is a pre-requisite

The Netherlands and Ireland get UEFA money, neither have a functioning pyramid...

The Netherlands and Ireland get UEFA money, neither have a functioning pyramid...
Liechenstein doesn't even have a league (all play in Swiss system). Northern Ireland is similar to Scotland with grade divides.

1 hour ago, morley said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5331/scottish-fa-annual-review-2019.pdf

£37.5m in revnue generated and this is the percentage breakdown.

image.png.20f5f31024a5072a7e131dbe1ed0ffb4.png

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Both countries have functioning pyramids.

Go and tell UEFA why you think they don't

Edited by Che Dail

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Go and tell UEFA why youh think they don't

According to Wikipedia (yes, I know) the Irish set-up is "Organised in the structure of a football pyramid, but in reality operates as a number of separate unconnected entities with no movement between each of them. "

8 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

According to Wikipedia (yes, I know) the Irish set-up is "Organised in the structure of a football pyramid, but in reality operates as a number of separate unconnected entities with no movement between each of them. "

Clubs have to apply to get into the pro leagues, but that doesn't mean it isn't a pyramid... depending on your definition.

To me it's about affiliation, hierarchy, and ultimately regionalising at a certain level (T3 in Ireland?) which creates the spread-out shape (of a pyramid).

I really don't know enough about it to be certain about the Irish or Dutch scenarios in terms of share of finances to grass-roots clubs.   I do know that in Scotland we have a club-licensing system and in order to get the benefit of the SFA 'dividend', and in effect a share of the UEFA money, you need to meet certain standards, and be affiliated to the league structure and pyramid. 

But we have this daft arrangement where non-league clubs (some representing big towns) are artificially kept out of it, of their own accord.

Edited by Che Dail

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
26 minutes ago, Che Dail said:
Go and tell UEFA why youh think they don't

Given that Marten is Dutch, I'm going to guess he has at least a little of a clue as to what happens in the Netherlands...

I'm not arguing with that - it might simply be a difference between Marten's interpretation of 'pyramid' to UEFA's definition.

I'm going to take it that Wikipedia is (roughly) correct, and say that this is a pyramid: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_football_league_system

I was listening to some old guys at Shotts today, although I think they were Carluke supporters, the lack of knowledge was frightening. There was so many misconceptions that it wasn't worth trying to correct them.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not again................

HAHA 😆

I didny start it this time but it is relevant to the topic, your honour.

Because here we have an opportunity for every Junior club to join the pyramid structure and find their level.  The whole thing can be organised once everyone subscribes.  For far too long, some clubs have been artificially propped up while others have had their potential curbed.  

And the UEFA thing is important because without it we may not be where we are now as member clubs might continue to say 'nope, closed', as before.

And to reiterate my opinion, the league structure in Scotland should be regionalised at T3 - would make for strong 'semi-pro' leagues, and a reduced core of pro clubs. 🙈