Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I’ve no doubt the meeting on Tuesday will ask clubs to make a decision and pledge support, but why would a club do that (no matter what their individual preferences) until after Thursdays meeting? Absolutely no benefit at all to any club to commit to anything before hearing from both groups.

Before we attend Pastor Ronney,s gathering on Tuesday can someone please find the list of things that eos clubs benefit from its hunners of pages back . Also can someone tell us what the amount of money each club pays at the start of the season ie registration fees and insurance.

I was thinking of Ronney more along the lines of General Gordon, this coming week could prove to be his own personal Khartoum.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
47 minutes ago, wow-wee said:
Before we attend Pastor Ronney,s gathering on Tuesday can someone please find the list of things that eos clubs benefit from its hunners of pages back . Also can someone tell us what the amount of money each club pays at the start of the season ie registration fees and insurance.

I was thinking of Ronney more along the lines of General Gordon, this coming week could prove to be his own personal Khartoum.

Was general Gordon not a forward thinking guy where being a pastor wants to keep faith in the past 😁

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Was general Gordon not a forward thinking guy where being a pastor wants to keep faith in the past 😁

Nah, he crushed rebellions and refused to evacuate Khartoum while there was still a chance. Fairly apt, I think.

On 16/02/2020 at 19:55, Burnie_man said:

Somebody posted up yesterday kefc's excellent summary of benefits of joining the EoS which he pulled together in 2018, I have updated it as some of it has changed;

• Three ways of Scottish Cup Entry: EOS League Champions, winning the Alex Jack Cup (for un-licenced clubs only) and then beating SoS equivalent, or of course becoming Licenced.
  • Minimum of £3,000 prize money for Scottish Cup entry.  Win two games and you will earn £10,000 minimum.
  • £1,000 funding from EoS towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence
  • Up to £2,500 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements.
  • SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant
  • Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant
  • Match balls and training balls supplied each season.
  • Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level.
  • Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league.
  • Season long fixture list issued
  • In combination with LL and SoS League an U20 development league on Friday nights, all players eligible for Seniors as well.
  • No limit on squad sizes, no player fines.
  • No restrictions on playing friendlies, no permits required, no re-instatement rule.
  • Clubs with floodlights will be scheduled some midweek games, and will have set ko times throughout the season ie you will use the lights on Saturday afternoons in winter.

Since somebody was asking.

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

@Burnie_man updated it recently with some of the changes. He can probably dig it out, since its lost who knows how many pages back.

26 minutes ago, btw lads said:

the wrjfa will make promises they cannot keep, only one way forward now.

I suspect either that will be the case or alternatively there will be some delay in producing a detailed plan which coupled with a deadline for applications to the new league of 31/3 will leave a lot of reps with only one real choice to take back to their clubs.

31 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

Plenty have gone full on Mahdi in this thread recently.

6 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I suspect either that will be the case or alternatively there will be some delay in producing a detailed plan which coupled with a deadline for applications to the new league of 31/3 will leave a lot of reps with only one real choice to take back to their clubs.

After saying things like below I don't think can get away with no plan presented.

image.png.14db7cfdc96c936b01a03cb5b7732c02.png

The only "plan" he can possibly have left is to try and frustrate and delay the WoSFL.   I think he also thinks there is some legal recourse, on what basis is anyone's guess but he is being poorly advised if that is the case.

The SFA do not take kindly to clubs/Associations threatening legal action, TJ should perhaps be reminding him of that although I think TJ is now operating in the realms of "there's nothing left to loose".

The SJFA/WRJFA can continue to operate for those clubs who do not want to move, no reason why they can't and that should be their focus.  They are risking destroying the whole thing.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The only "plan" he can possibly have left is to try and frustrate and delay the WoSFL.   I think he also thinks there is some legal recourse, on what basis is anyone's guess but he is being poorly advised if that is the case.

The SFA do not take kindly to clubs/Associations threatening legal action, TJ should perhaps be reminding him of that although I think TJ is now operating in the realms of "there's nothing left to loose".

The SJFA/WRJFA can continue to operate for those clubs who do not want to move, no reason why they can't and that should be their focus.  They are risking destroying the whole thing.

If 45 wrsjfa clubs did go theyd be dow  to an 18 team west region and 13 team west Lothian league. Tayside league with 16-17 teams. Who knows with the north

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

After saying things like below I don't think can get away with no plan presented.

image.png.14db7cfdc96c936b01a03cb5b7732c02.png

It's a great plan, it really is. Great plan, fantastic plan, it's gonna be great.

All the expert plan designers ask me why I'm so good at plans, I guess i'm just a natural.