Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

21 minutes ago, santheman said:

4 teams off the top of my head who currently wouldn't meet 2, 9 and 12 without major expense.

As the clubs applying for this new League will be aiming for an SFA Licence then they would be aiming for those anyway so maybe number 26 would come into play?

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Correct.   TJ is working him from behind.

A patsy.

I can't see how this can possibly end in a favourable outcome for the junior reps - I find it incredible that after all this time anyone would believe these guys can somehow miraculously turn things around.

19 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

A patsy.

I can't see how this can possibly end in a favourable outcome for the junior reps - I find it incredible that after all this time anyone would believe these guys can somehow miraculously turn things around.

Tuesday night certainly appears like it will be interesting...it probably will be the end in large part for them if they fail to provide a detailed roadmap of the way ahead as they see it and rely on blind loyalty and a "trust us, everything's awright" approach.

Many clubs are at the stage where this is no longer a viable strategy, although conversely it has to be said we're all aware of a few in such an advanced state of denial that they'd believe 2+2=5 if told to.

7 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

As the clubs applying for this new League will be aiming for an SFA Licence then they would be aiming for those anyway so maybe number 26 would come into play?

Not entirely true, clubs looking to stay around the same level but reduce operating fees with no reinstatement fees or fines to pay should be investigating.

Also the EOS criteria accepts clubs that agree to work towards the points over a period of time

8 hours ago, Dev said:

There are retweets on NLS of the Lowland League and the East of Scotland League statement tonight from clubs such as Rossvale, Darvel. Petershill, Irvine Meadow and Bellshill Athletic a while ago. Clydebank is, obviously also quoted. 

The EoS tweet on the subject was liked by Bellshill Athletic, Shotts Bon Accord and Rutherglen Glencairn.

I would expect that a lot of pressure will be exerted on club reps at Tuesday night's WRSJFA "extra General Meeting" to sign up to Gordon Ronney's plan.

However, for the reps representing those clubs who have expressed an interest in the LL-WoSFL plan, they have a duty of due diligence to their clubs to hold fire and wait till they hear both sides by attending the information meeting on Thursday before committing to either side.

Until both sides have been heard, and the results of Thursday's "partial PWG meeting" are known, then no club should be committing either way in my opinion. (Unless they are already absolutely certain of what route they prefer, e.g. Clydebank.)

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I would expect that a lot of pressure will be exerted on club reps at Tuesday night's WRSJFA "extra General Meeting" to sign up to Gordon Ronney's plan.

However, for the reps representing those clubs who have expressed an interest in the LL-WoSFL plan, they have a duty of due diligence to their clubs to hold fire and wait till they hear both sides by attending the information meeting on Thursday before committing to either side.

Until both sides have been heard, and the results of Thursday's "partial PWG meeting" are known, then no club should be committing either way in my opinion. (Unless they are already absolutely certain of what route they prefer, e.g. Clydebank.)

I wouldn't imagine anyone will be daft enough to sign up for anything on the night without a chance to put it in front of their club alongside the other proposal.

If they plan to run Tuesday like a dodgy Spanish timeshare hard-sell rather than an opportunity to put a detailed plan across for reps to take away with them with maybe a Q&A afterwards it will end up even more counterproductive.

Edited by Hillonearth

I just had a wee look back at the opening of this thread in 2017. After the opening post by Burnie_man, the first reply is from a Kilbirnie Ladeside fan and is quite interesting...

Plodding along until the dinasours finally give up the ghost & then maybe we can move into the 20th century .

On 05/03/2020 at 20:05, Robert James said:

In my opinion............

Talbot will resign from the West Juniors, and join the new West of Scotland (senior) League, for the following reasons : 

(1)  the club is ambitious, and it knows that the WoSL will go ahead  (despite protests from the WRJFA), whereas the WRJFL will remain lost in the ether

(2) the club realises that threats of legal action by the SJFA/WRJFA is a very bad tactic, and will result in the current annual entry by the Scottish Junior  Cup Winners, and by the 3 Champions of the Junior leagues, being withdrawn by the SFA  in 2021/22, or (given current adverse circumstances) , earlier in 2020/21

(3) the club has made a lot of money from its participation (and success) in The Scottish Cup. It doesn't want to lose this income stream

(4) the club does not want to waste its investment in buying floodlights, soon to be erected (presumably for pyramid access)

(5) the club wants to retain matches against its traditional Junior rivals, but will not run the risk of losing them, if it remains "loyal" to the grade.

(6) the club will attend the Lowland League.'s "Expressions of Interest" meeting "without commitment, at this stage". 

....ditto

Even clubs who still hope the WRJFA plan will work can still apply to the LL WoSFL. In the (highly unlikely) case that the WRJFA plan does happen, they can still pull their application. When they find out the WRJFA plan can't happen, they just join the WoSFL anyway.

...says the man posting on here the same as the rest of us. [emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just timed it myself ( as Philip schofield would say) and it took me exactly three seconds to find that reply by clicking on the back arrow and reading 🤷🏻‍♂️. Hardly the sort of task that requires hour after hour of fanatical obsession.

Before we attend Pastor Ronney,s gathering on Tuesday can someone please find the list of things that eos clubs benefit from its hunners of pages back . Also can someone tell us what the amount of money each club pays at the start of the season ie registration fees and insurance.