Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I think the Clydebank statement is the equivalent of the Bonnyrigg one in the east two years ago. The first domino had toppled...

There's a load of secret, non public, domino's falling as well, if you listen carefully you can hear them

Really can’t see what Gordon Ronney and the WRJFA can do, if the SJFA had some trump card to play surely they’d have used it last season to get the WRJFA and ERJFA in. It seems to be the same ‘we’ve got SFA backing’ as last year and that was simply vetoed by the LL and EOS. Even if he convinces most club to stay WRJFA they’ll still be vetoed on joining as the LL want no SJFA involvement and a year from now we’ll be right back we’re we are but the West teams will be a year further behind the East.

The WOSFL is backed by the SOSFL, the EOSFL and the LL, it will be the tier 6 feeder, it’s up to the West teams how strong that league is. A hand full of West Juniors and Amateurs or the best of the West Juniors.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Three promotions away from giving Airdrie a well deserved beating

Historic day for our club very proud. 

What I would say though is we have never won the super league - with the resources we’ve had a pretty successful rise from absolutely nothing to becoming one of the top teams in the top tier the past 7 seasons or so.  

I totally get the interest on a potential meet with said club, from outsiders and in, but I hope as a club we’ll moved on from grievance and focus on the positive future we have. The older generation will know a lot of hurt, but the restart was the beginning of my journey as a Clydebank fan. 

We’ve got 150 young Bankies wearing the jersey every week. A talented 19s ready to move into the development league next season. And many fantastic hard working individuals within our community giving up hundreds of hours to make the club influential within the town again. 

A lot of hard work to be done going forward, but hopefully whatever level this new road takes us we can now aspire to reach the highest level possible 👍🏻

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't believe everything you see and hear :)

image.png.1029e8fb2132686cf30860b30091f5ea.png

Comical Beenze.   I guess at the alleged extra General Meeting he'll be able to lay out his cunning plan to clubs.

Has he menitoned the fact that Bamford has resigned? That in itself should tell him the way this is headed.  It's time for the clubs to put an end to it.

Comical Beenze.   I guess at the alleged extra General Meeting he'll be able to lay out his cunning plan to clubs.
Has he menitoned the fact that Bamford has resigned? That in itself should tell him the way this is headed.  It's time for the clubs to put an end to it.

Armadale twitter feed responding to the Bamford news with ‘about time’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ronney was saying the SOS could block the LL plan. Sanity prevails, well done SOS!

Well technically they could, but that still wouldn't let the WRJFA in. It would just mean some clubs joining the SOS instead, so probably less hassle for them to agree with the LL/EOS.

48 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Love the fact he retweeted the ERSJFA tweet about tonight's Boness v Linlithgow game, place looks to be dead

Hunners behind the camera obviously. The boy that used to do the Linlithgow highlights was filming it https://twitter.com/BSMSports14/status/1235918459344740352

And here we have Ronney talking about ethics :lol:

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

There's a load of secret, non public, domino's falling as well, if you listen carefully you can hear them

There are retweets on NLS of the Lowland League and the East of Scotland League statement tonight from clubs such as Rossvale, Darvel. Petershill, Irvine Meadow and Bellshill Athletic a while ago. Clydebank is, obviously also quoted. 

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

In a reply to someone tonight he said he’d stay with the WRSJFA if ladeside decided to head to the WoSL

Perhaps this is his way of taking retirement?

Presumably as a neutral official then ? Eyes on one of the top blazers perhaps ?
Wonder if it's a bit like the golf at Augusta (I think) where the auld boys pass the blazer down to the new member of the club

23 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Armadale twitter feed responding to the Bamford news with ‘about time’ emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Of course this must be a message of support from Armadale for Matt having taken the action which he has done today.

At least this is how a certain Gordon would try to spin it!