Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
11 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:
So the SOS /EOS proposal limits the amount of teams in.
The WRJFA proposes access for all 
Advantage WRJFA??

The only clubs that possibly wouldn't meet all the criteria are any amateur/youth teams who apply. All junior clubs will meet the criteria outlined a few posts up. The EOS haven't rejected any applicants from the juniors, it'll be the same case here.

Think you might find a few of the lower league teams won't meet all the criteria

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
28 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:
Advantage WRJFA??

Can you show me the bit where it states that there would be any limit on the number of new teams?

And it's so subjective a viewpoint too as it assumes the SJFA have never saw 'naw' to anyone. And their desperation to keep numbers last year saw them admit clubs below their own standards.

Edited by cmontheloknow

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

Think you might find a few of the lower league teams won't meet all the criteria

Who do you think would struggle, as a matter of interest? All of the current WSJFA sides would be compliant as far as I'm aware, as all have rough equivalents that could be pointed to in the East already...anyone that's telling you that rafts of them would be knocked back on account of their grounds is either indulging in wishful thinking or deliberately trying to muddy the waters again.

Didn't see any of the more basic East Juniors grounds being deemed unsuitable when the same process that's now beginning to happen over here was happening there over the last couple of years.

Even some of the longstanding EoS sides play in fairly basic grounds...Leith in a 3G cage, Peebles iand Coldstream in corners of public parks and so on..

Edited by Hillonearth

36 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Advantage WRJFA??

and actually the WRJFA only allows the Juniors in nobody else would be granted admission - advantage LL

1 hour ago, morley said:

That could be key now that they are publicly in the loop and supporting, as before it was noticeable by their absence and potentially could have been a route for a west juniors proposal to enter the pyramid process via some kind of merger with the SoS league. It also means out of the 4 named parties in the current pyramid agreement into the Lowland League, you have 3 of the 4 named parties supporting this proposal with the Sfa as the 4th named party the only one which has to still agree. 

They’ve backed the WOSFL proposal from the off ! It just may not have been common knowledge as they feared the dominance of a LL / EOSFL set up running the show therefore their commitment to the plan will hopefully see a more even balance in terms of working together and not appearing to be the lesser ‘voice’

2 minutes ago, AML67 said:

They’ve backed the WOSFL proposal from the off ! It just may not have been common knowledge as they feared the dominance of a LL / EOSFL set up running the show therefore their commitment to the plan will hopefully see a more even balance in terms of working together and not appearing to be the lesser ‘voice’

Not in TAJ's view:

image.png.8ba4a469e36c6399bd6a3f3d4ec642d2.png

Who do you think would struggle, as a matter of interest? All of the current WSJFA sides would be compliant as far as I'm aware, as all have rough equivalents that could be pointed to in the East already...anyone that's telling you that rafts of them would be knocked back on account of their grounds is either indulging in wishful thinking or deliberately trying to muddy the waters again.
Didn't see any of the more basic East Juniors grounds being deemed unsuitable when the same process that's now beginning to happen over here was happening there over the last couple of years.
Even some of the longstanding EoS sides play in fairly basic grounds...Leith in a 3G cage, Peebles iand Coldstream in corners of public parks and so on..
Coldstream is now enclosed iirc. Setup is that its open to public during week & enclosed on match days.

3 minutes ago, AML67 said:

The LL/ EOS couldn't possibly dominate the WOSFL. It'll be governed by its member clubs. The LL and EOS are just helping out getting it off the ground.

10 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not in TAJ's view:

image.png.8ba4a469e36c6399bd6a3f3d4ec642d2.png

As I said I think their biggest fear was being the odd one out in the 3 and the other two being the clearly dominant force ! I was never in any doubt they’d back the proposal ultimately which I’m glad they have 

Edited by AML67

50 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Advantage WRJFA??

I think you better read it again. It said structure will depend on how many clubs are in it so no indication theyd reject anyone

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The LL/ EOS couldn't possibly dominate the WOSFL. It'll be governed by its member clubs. The LL and EOS are just helping out getting it off the ground.

I meant the combined LL / EOSFL dominated a lot of the PWG meetings and consensus seemed to be a problem in terms of matching rules etc etc ......