Kilwinning Rangers
Bonnyton Thistle
Glasgow Uni
BSC Glasgow reserves
Caledonian Braves U16
Glasgow School of Arts FC
Stranraer High School FC
Campbeltown Youth FC
Elgin City Colts (playing all home games on Tuesday nights between October and February)

I was kinda hoping Dukla Pumpherston Sawmill & Tannery would be applying. 😥

In the great scheme of things it was a nothing match. Nice to win but wouldn't have lost any sleep if had been beaten.

Did the Auchinleck fans enjoy the "basically a nothing match" last night?

25 minutes ago, TFW said:

That's crap, and you know it is. The prestige hasn't gone, it's the Eastern Juniors who've gone from it and they'd offered precious little in the last decade.

Absolutely zero respect we are wanting you to come and help the game develop and all you can do is shout abuse because we admit where the grade is at. It was great. It's no longer great. Even in last few years teams in our league were losing out on players to lowland league I know we lost out on a player to the colts  east side be worse

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Many people here are quoting Bonnyton Thistle as an unattractive opponent. They're a well run community club, close to many junior clubs. If they are in a West league with plenty of clubs near them, they could generate local rivalries and clubs will soon get used to playing them. But because they're a bit "unknown" at the moment, plenty of people are looking down on them.

23 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

An are no different from Rossvale in that they have a Youth background.

I think one of the things people are forgetting. everything including this season with Rossvale right now will be in the past next year and its a whole different situation, a new league, old rivalries, local rivalries and new rivals are about to happen, this will simulate interested, get more people on board including fans and sponsors.

So nothing will be the same as this season and last season and its a lot more teams, different objectives, league playoffs etc...

What is Polloks average crowd -  500 a match ?  f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Rossvale's average crowd - 100 a match ?  f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Kilwinning average crowd - 300 a match ? f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Kilwinning average crowd - 100 a match ? f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same

Everything will change, that's a fact but will it be better or worse for each club, its really first and for most each club has to get their house in order making sure all opportunities are taken if and when they arise.  personally I think the attendances will go up and then we will all see if it continues because any team leaving the juniors will NO LONGER BE A JUNIOR TEAM, that's all for the history books as each team from the junior ranks will be a SENIOR TEAM

p.s.  the average crowds was just guessing, I have no actual information on the crowds average attendance of those 3 teams or the rest of the junior teams, so please don't be offended if I got your team wrong

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think one of the things people are forgetting. everything including this season with Rossvale right now will be in the past next year and its a whole different situation, a new league, old rivalries, local rivalries and new rivals are about to happen, this will simulate interested, get more people on board including fans and sponsors.
So nothing will be the same as this season and last season and its a lot more teams, different objectives, league playoffs etc...

What is Polloks average crowd -  500 a match ?  f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Rossvale's average crowd - 100 a match ?  f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Kilwinning average crowd - 300 a match ? f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same
Kilwinning average crowd - 100 a match ? f they joined this new league, do you think it would be less or more or same

everything will change, that's a fact but will it be better or worse for each club, its really first and for most each club has to get their house in order making sure all opportunities are taken if and when they arise.  personally I think the attendances will go up and then see if it continues

p.s.  the average crowds was just guessing, I have no actual information on the crowds average attendance of those 3 teams or the rest of the junior teams, so please don't be offended if I got your team wrong

Our average went from 100 In juniors to 160 in conferences to 182 this yr in the league so not against talbot before they jump in

11 minutes ago, energyzone said:
52 minutes ago, TFW said:
That's crap, and you know it is. The prestige hasn't gone, it's the Eastern Juniors who've gone from it and they'd offered precious little in the last decade.

The prestige disappeared the moment Linlithgow, Boness and Bonnyrigg left.

Have to agree with energyzone, the East juniors especially with over 20 teams leave a couple of years ago means more fans of most junior tams thinks the Scottish Junior Cup has been diluted somewhat. People think there is a chance that the final will be all west teams, the same in youth football at U21s and u19s although the east had a resurgence this year at 19s.

The reason why the south challenge cup is called the south challenge cup is that its all south of the country teams but then if all the juniors joined they could incorporate everyone together but for some in a main non league Scottish cup, there will be some losers will a far travel but that happens in the junior cup as well.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

They'll need to upgrade their toilets to SFA standard.

I've heard the council are providing them with the gold needed for the toilets so it's being worked on.

Are there teams banned for next season? Possibly another couple of East Region teams to announce for EOs league as well.

Buchanhaven Hearts as they scratched vs Irvine Medda but Rothie Rovers are applying to North Juniors so north numbers in cup will be same

Coupar Angus never took part this season as they scratched in 18-19 vs Cumnock.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Anybody from the East would tell you that there have been massive changes at Whitehill in the past 2-3 years that have bugger-all to do with the standard of the league.

And both Kelty & Bonnyrigg have a quite different squad compared to when they last won the East Superleague.

And both Kelty & Bonnyrigg have a quite different squad compared to when they last won the East Superleague.

This. 100%. Football is a fluid thing and squads/management teams fluctuate which results in upturns and downturns in the future of the various clubs. I don’t think anyone can predict with any certainty who will succeed and who will struggle in future years. There are many clubs doing better than expected and many teams doing worse.

Talbot’s continued success at non league level this century is a huge outlier compared to most clubs, but then tucker has remained a constant so the level of change/upheaval there has been minimal compared to that of new regimes at other clubs.