Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Ah, the year notice has come up again.

Its the same old playbook! 

And even if it's in the rules, there is a good reason it hasn't been enforced in the East. Considering it's possible to enter a team in the EOS whilst entering another team in the ERJFA, a club forced to field a team in the ERJFA could just field a bunch of Sunday league amateurs who get hammered at every game and kick the sh!t out of opponents because of a lack of footballing skills. It would make mockery out of the league and the "serious" sides left would get a very frustrating season. That wouldn't help anyone.

9 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Clearly you don't know Gordon.

Clearly you don't know him. I don't think I've ever met him (unless we met when I went to Linlithgow and met loads of people, including some from here, but I don't think Gordon was one of them!). But from being on here for just over 2 years it's pretty clear to me that he hates both OF sides. And he is also far from a "junior hater" as I remember him reluctantly accepting that Linlithgow Rose had to move to the EOS just under 2 years ago.

9 hours ago, G4Mac said:

So the sosfl are going to block a move to create a wosfl by the league that they get promoted to and have worked with for a number of years, because they want to support the sjfa led non pyramid wosfl? 

You surely cant believe.......you know what, never mind.

You can’t get promoted from Tier 6 to another Tier 6 

The rules clearly talk about moving regions nothing about resigning. They tried that with us and got told to fox trott Oscar. 

the threat of this is as bad as when they caused licence applications to be put on hold, ours had been sent to them arrived same day, we then had to wait till reopened. Unforgivable 

Edited by falkirktv

I don’t think we’ll get a gauge on how things lie until the WoSFL information meeting. The atmosphere in the room and attitudes of those in attendance will be telling.

My prediction of 20-30 sides moving from the West Region still stands - the same arguments were used when the exodus to the EoS happened, I haven’t heard anything different as yet.

6 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I don’t think we’ll get a gauge on how things lie until the WoSFL information meeting. The atmosphere in the room and attitudes of those in attendance will be telling.

My prediction of 20-30 sides moving from the West Region still stands - the same arguments were used when the exodus to the EoS happened, I haven’t heard anything different as yet.

Don't under estimate the power of the grade in the West. Senior football is reviled by a significant and vocal number.

The irony is most have a 'big' team!

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, falkirktv said:

The rules clearly talk about moving regions nothing about resigning. They tried that with us and got told to fox trott Oscar. 

the threat of this is as bad as when they caused licence applications to be put on hold, ours had been sent to them arrived same day, we then had to wait till reopened. Unforgivable 

^Watched a View from the Terrace last week imo

1 hour ago, falkirktv said:

The rules clearly talk about moving regions nothing about resigning. 

I have just read the rule and I think it is a bit ambiguous. 

"Membership 2. Clubs once admitted as members of the Sjfa must become members of a regional association. 

Membership 3. The county (country) shall be divided into North, East and West. The Committee may, with the consent of the region, transfer a Club from one region to another. Any Club intending to resign from a region must give 12 months notice to that region and the Sjfa. "

Any Club intending to resign from a region (and therefore the Sjfa) must give 12 months notice.

I believe that the ambiguity is that resignation is covered in a section referring to regions which could infer that the resignation only refers to resignation from a region (which is in fact the Sjfa). There is no mention elsewhere in the Constitution of a procedure for resignation. 

However, having said all of the above a precedent has been set in the West with Dunipace and there are multiple leavers in the East that weren't bound by this rule. The West Region would have a difficult time enforcing this, but Gordon Ronney has quoted this at numerous meetings. 

8 hours ago, the rambler said:

So East Region Clubs can resign from the EJRSFA and move to the EOSL quite freely.

Yet Gordon Ronney is threatening WJRSFA Clubs that want to move to the WoSFL that a clause will be invoked to provide one year's notice and won't let them go. 

I believe Kilwinning Rangers have told him they will field a youth team next season. 

Please tell me he's not trotting this out lol!

To clarify any lingering doubt, you do not need to give any sort of notice to the SJFA / WRJFA to resign from membership.  None.

Anyone peddling this is deliberately and willfully misleading clubs.

And tj isnt involved......aye nae bother!

I'll say again, to every west club, get these 'facts' checked.

If the wrsjfa or sjfa told me it was raining outside at this point I would go and look out a window.

Done deals, new leagues, club must give a years notice, legal challenges, no pyramid access without 150k toilets, increased travel costs for games......it is all the same stuff repeated over and over again.

There is but one negative from joining the seniors as far as I can see.

The syfa has a dual contract system in place with the sjfa.

In contrast the syfa has banned young players from playing developmental football with a senior side.

Thus means that should say arthurlie 21s want their player to turn out for the junior side he can.

If they move senior he couldn’t play for the 20s.

The syfa have banned it

Madness!

23 minutes ago, the rambler said:

However, having said all of the above a precedent has been set in the West with Dunipace and there are multiple leavers in the East that weren't bound by this rule. The West Region would have a difficult time enforcing this, but Gordon Ronney has quoted this at numerous meetings. 

It is an SJFA rule not a West Region rule. It would be the SJFA that would have to enforce it and they'd look mighty stupid enforcing it in one Region and not the other.

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Please tell me he's not trotting this out lol!

To clarify any lingering doubt, you do not need to give any sort of notice to the SJFA / WRJFA to resign from membership.  None.

Anyone peddling this is deliberately and willfully misleading clubs.

And there was me looking forward to a season playing up top for us trying to master the art of going up for a header without spilling my pint.

13 minutes ago, oldandround said:

In contrast the syfa has banned young players from playing developmental football with a senior side.

Thus means that should say arthurlie 21s want their player to turn out for the junior side he can.

The syfa have banned it

Madness!

For a start, if you have an U20 team in the LL U20 Development league, they are registered for the first team as well, so you can field U20 players in the first teams any time you like.  Also, over age first team players can play upto 6 times for the U20's.  In effect, you have a squad of 40+ players.

You can play SYFA players in the LL U20 Development league as trialists with permission of the parent team.

We play our U17 and U19 players (SYFA registered) with our U20's as trialists.  The LL have confirmation from the SYFA they can do that although there was something on the SERYFA website claiming otherwise.

As ever, far too many tin pot Associations scrambling about for recognition.

EDIT: so to flip it round, an advantage of being in the new WoSFL is that you can enter an U20 team in the LL U20 Development league and play these players in your first team with absolutely no issues, no agreements required.

Edited by Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

And there was me looking forward to a season playing up top for us trying to master the art of going up for a header without spilling my pint.

I was looking forward to watching you................(not really)

The syfa have banned it

Madness!
Nonsense.

We regularly have under 19's playing for our under 20's and First Team and it has been confirmed by both the SFA and the league there's no issue with this.

The SYFA can't "ban" players from playing for senior teams.