Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

47 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
55 minutes ago, Marten said:
I'm not saying that should be the case. I'm just saying that the very unlikely case the SFA block changes to the LL play-off, this could be a way around it.

The sfa dont decide the LL playoff. The LL, sos and eos do.

PO changes have to be agreed by the LL, SOS, EOS and SFA as per the SLFL rules. So in theory they can block it, but it's highly unlikely.

45 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Surely you would then agree Marten if that scenario arose then if all League winners were licensed it would only be fair for it to be a 3 way play off ? 

Yes, I agree with that. What I said could only be used as a last resort if difficulties arise, but I don't expect that to be needed.

PO changes have to be agreed by the LL, SOS, EOS and SFA as per the SLFL rules. So in theory they can block it, but it's highly unlikely.
So why mention it and further muddy the waters?[emoji12]

What if the SOSL object to their league being weakened by the poaching of clubs?

They could block it.

What if the SoS support the LL in forming the WoSFL? Who is poaching clubs? What would happen if SoS clubs applied to WRJFA tier 6?

What if the SOSL object to their league being weakened by the poaching of clubs?They could block it.

So the sosfl are going to block a move to create a wosfl by the league that they get promoted to and have worked with for a number of years, because they want to support the sjfa led non pyramid wosfl? 

You surely cant believe.......you know what, never mind.

[mention=66443]GordonS[/mention], an Old Firm idiot 🤣 I didn't think it was possible but you've managed to come across as a bigger twat than Alan. [emoji122]
And I see our pal from Armadale has rejoined the debate...
867189835_Screenshot_2020-03-04ClydebankFCDevonTwitterthistle_cladeside5277Thejuniorslostitspowerwhenclubsfromyourre....thumb.png.c4599cf24e67610bb8c4519145d6fbe8.png

So, LL announce a WoSL weeks ago, but because they send the paperwork in on Friday and the WRSJFA do the same, this move by the WRSJFA ISN’T a response to the LL plans?

So, LL announce a WoSL weeks ago, but because they send the paperwork in on Friday and the WRSJFA do the same, this move by the WRSJFA ISN’T a response to the LL plans?

Dont do it to yourself. It will just make your head sore and you will still be no further forward in understanding.

12 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What if the SOSL object to their league being weakened by the poaching of clubs?
They could block it.

First of all Junior has been part of me since a 10 year old, and I admit it wholeheartedly, from going to a Scottish junior cup final  at Hampden, to playing in the juniors for the majority of my career and then watching junior matches season after season.
Am I for the pyramid?, hell yeah, why because I have vision.
Do I want the junior hierarchy involved ? nope as I think the past couple of years of stupidity should that tell you why.
They all actually want similar to Option W after knocking option W back,raising the as an association have been well and truly binned, yes binned and quite rightly so and was there lies to get clubs to back option w hmmmm, we all have our views on that one as well

The problem with comments like beenzan taste, if he made genuine comments that could be possible. instead of trying to, in my mind, shit stir then he would be considered as a person that we could look into his points as he is junior but the comments like this one and similar puts you off people in this grade, especially the ones in power or some kind of power

I genuinely love the passion of Gordon Ronney when it comes to this. He’s being pro active in trying to make something happen and from an outsiders view I don’t know whether he was being misled beforehand and therefore couldn’t drive this any sooner than 4 weeks ago.

BUT, it now just looks like a knee jerk response to the LL statement and intentions and as stated so many times on here it can’t work without the LL and EoS backing.

Would there be a set of circumstances in which they’d allow those in WRSJFA to be the administrators of a new league? I actually think there may have been with a few office bearers from with in the current pyramid set up - after all the LL/EoS have actually shown that they are a pragmatic group of people who are trying to do what’s best for the game. However, the recent info regarding the influence/involvement of TJ within it may just have left the WRSJFA with two hopes. And one of them is Bob.

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

They all actually want similar to Option W after knocking option W back,raising the as an association have been well and truly binned, yes binned and quite rightly so and was there lies to get clubs to back option w hmmmm, we all have our views on that one as well

Makes me wonder what the situation would be if the West Region had said to the clubs for that mid January meeting - here's four options, which one do you think is best for YOUR CLUB? And not said, we think you should go for Option Z because......

Would talks with the PWG have broken down? Would the LL/EoSL have decided enough is enough, we'll set up our own West League?

12 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Makes me wonder what the situation would be if the West Region had said to the clubs for that mid January meeting - here's four options, which one do you think is best for YOUR CLUB? And not said, we think you should go for Option Z because......

Would talks with the PWG have broken down? Would the LL/EoSL have decided enough is enough, we'll set up our own West League?

Agreed.
Unfortunately we will never know but most know out of all the options, Option Z is the last one LL/EOS would go for and there would have been a better chance of acceptance from the LL/EOS if option W was offered

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Any club who has difficulty in deciding what path to choose.

Remember the people involved are the same ones who promised you a done deal a season ago. Remember they are the same guys who told you option z was backed by the LL, SFA etc.  Remember every other occasion where they claimed one thing when the truth was another(there’s a lot)l Remember the sums they talk about in terms of licensing are completely false. Why on earth would you think ‘I trust these guys’

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Any club who has difficulty in deciding what path to choose.

Remember the people involved are the same ones who promised you a done deal a season ago. Remember they are the same guys who told you option z was backed by the LL, SFA etc.  Remember every other occasion where they claimed one thing when the truth was another(there’s a lot)l Remember the sums they talk about in terms of licensing are completely false. Why on earth would you think ‘I trust these guys’

Just to Clarify, they said Option z was backed by LL and the SPFL but that's still bad lolol

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

They could block it.

If the SOS decided to block the WOS, it still wouldn't mean the WRJFA would get in (as the LL/EOS would block that). It would instead mean clubs applying to the SOS.

And of course your definition of poaching seems not match the reality of the situation, where clubs are freely choosing to leave the Juniors.

Just two clubs remaining in Fife...

Screenshot_2020-03-04 (17) Lochore Welfare Jfc.png

Edited by Ginaro

It should be a choice. Stay junior or join the pyramid. Whatever suits your club.

Currently, if talbot win every league game for the next six years, they’d be west region champs six years in a row. And that’s absolutely fine. But if lithgae rose win every league game for the next six years, they’d pip the old firm to the spfl premiership title. And that’s also fine.