Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

There must be consensus and agreement of the spfl, LL, HL and SFA for any new league.

The LL also decide who their feeder leagues are.

A LL lead west league is going to be the only west tier 6 league, there is no point in continuing to believe otherwise, a wosfl run by another association requires LL, eos and sos approval ...... the LL and eosfl have already expressed their concerns about the juniors having any involvement.

Therefore a LL lead wosfl will be the only wosfl formed.

If other believe this to be false then fair play but you will be playing out with the pyramid next year by staying with the wrsjfa/sjfa.

And if we're going to get 'fact-checked' on such things, here is is from Tom A. Johnston himself:

image.png.276a4ccd31db9411d9f865814423c0d0.png

TAJ himself is saying the LL don't want the Juniors in the pyramid, but now Ronney is going door to door whistling a different tune!

Wasn't it always the intention of Clydebank to get back into the league? Why didn't they go for the LL when they had the chance? Even then it seemed backwards to me
It was made clear to any junior side who joined the LL at the start that should they be relegated, there was no path back into the Juniors, other than to reapply and join as a new member and start in the bottom division.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

An imaginary amateur team, travelling to an imaginary place to get beat by an imaginary team isn't a question that can be answered.

How do the vast majority of clubs feel having to rejig. I think at one point you suggested 55 clubs being in the league. 16 team premier leaves 39 clubs. How do they get sorted? 39-16 seems like the vast majority would have to rejig.

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning by 'imaginary teams'.

The 48 expressions of interest are real teams, many-all-some of whom could I will be playing in a WoS League next year.

There's nothing 'imaginary' about teams being semipro or amateur.

Generally, semi pro teams will he better than amateur teams.

150 years of football proves that beyond any reasonable doubt.

I rest my case m'Lud.

It was made clear to any junior side who joined the LL at the start that should they be relegated, there was no path back into the Juniors, other than to reapply and join as a new member and start in the bottom division.
Genuine question, apologies if it's a daft one.. but if a team gets relegated from the LL where do they end up? LL 2? Or is it a case of remaining where they are?

Just now, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:
22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Genuine question, apologies if it's a daft one.. but if a team gets relegated from the LL where do they end up? LL 2? Or is it a case of remaining where they are?

Their is no such thing as ll2. Theyd currently be relegated to eosfl or sosfl or from next season wosfl

SOS or EOS depending on where they are located

1 minute ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:
22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Currently the EoSFL or SOSFL.

Should a WOSFL be set up then that would be a third option depending on your geography.

29 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
36 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Wasn't it always the intention of Clydebank to get back into the league? Why didn't they go for the LL when they had the chance? Even then it seemed backwards to me

And see how Kelty were treated at the AGM upon their departure.

3 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Please, stop embarrassing yourself - glib smart answers just make you look like a lickspittle.

And again you cant answer the actual question because you know there is no proof of their being a league starting in July/August.

WoS promises from the LL hold less validity to the West Clubs than the information that is coming from the West Region - at this point in time there is NO WoS league for next season, people saying there is are lying. 

You might as well promise Kilbirnie that they will be playing Barcelona in the league next season, at this point in time it holds as much validity as saying there is guaranteed to be a WoS league next season.

Right now there is no guarantee that there will be a functional WoS next season and neither you or anyone else on here can provide definitive evidence that there will be.

People can flap their gums all they like about constitutions and new leagues but ask yourself - who has the clubs, who has the office at Hampden? How many clubs are signed up to the WRJFA (63), how many clubs are signed up to the WoS (0). At this point there is no league.

Its staggering that  posters are parroting a line whilst simultaneously slagging off Beenze for presenting a differing side of the exact same argument.

I'm giving you glib answers because your posts are ridiculous.

You're pinning you hopes on 'the nature of knowledge', and on social media that's a sure sign of desperation.

"You might as well promise Kilbirnie that they will be playing Barcelona in the league next season, at this point in time it holds as much validity as saying there is guaranteed to be a WoS league next season."

You take one thing that hasn't happened, take another thing that hasn't happened and say "hey, neither have happened so they're as unlikely to happen!"

This is the point at which I decided you're not worth talking to.

51 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Did they not have a problem with their ground?

25 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning by 'imaginary teams'.

The 48 expressions of interest are real teams, many-all-some of whom could I will be playing in a WoS League next year.

There's nothing 'imaginary' about teams being semipro or amateur.

Generally, semi pro teams will he better than amateur teams.

150 years of football proves that beyond any reasonable doubt.

I rest my case m'Lud.

You don't know what clubs have given an expression of interest. Expressions in interest don't turn into applications. And applications don't turn into acceptance. You've also got these amateurs being heavily beat basically every week. So yes it is imaginary because you've concoted hypotheticals on hypotheticals.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I can't see any other decision for Lochore other than to apply to the EOSFL. They felt as if they lost out in an East Juniors reconstruction a few years ago when being assigned to the North section and lost the opportunity to continue their local rivalry with Lochgelly Albert who joined the South Section.  Lochore is now propping up the South Superleague, but with all their local rivals heading off to the EoSFL, it would seem inevitable that they will switch leagues.  

I agree that it seems inevitable, but you never know. It didn't make much sense to me as an outsider for Burntisland Shipyard to be the only Fife team in the EoS for years and years when there were umpteen Junior teams on their doorstep. It could have been to keep their Scottish Cup entry, but Girvan were always a precedent in having membership of SFA and SJFA at the same time, so I'm not sure it was that.

Anyway, it would be an interesting, if odd, mirror image situation if one of the Fife Juniors refused to move even while everyone else left.

57 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did they not have a problem with their ground?

50 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That was it!

I agree that it seems inevitable, but you never know. It didn't make much sense to me as an outsider for Burntisland Shipyard to be the only Fife team in the EoS for years and years when there were umpteen Junior teams on their doorstep. It could have been to keep their Scottish Cup entry, but Girvan were always a precedent in having membership of SFA and SJFA at the same time, so I'm not sure it was that.
Anyway, it would be an interesting, if odd, mirror image situation if one of the Fife Juniors refused to move even while everyone else left.
Shippy only joined the EOS in 12-13. Before that they were amateur & SFA members akin to the status of Glasgow Uni

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You don't know what clubs have given an expression of interest. Expressions in interest don't turn into applications. And applications don't turn into acceptance. You've also got these amateurs being heavily beat basically every week. So yes it is imaginary because you've concoted hypotheticals on hypotheticals.

Expressions of interest will lead to applications, Applications will lead to acceptance. Path to the WoSFL that is. 😉

11 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Expressions of interest will lead to applications, Applications will lead to acceptance. Path to the WoSFL that is. 😉

Not necessarily.

A great deal of effort is being made to persuade clubs to counterbalance their "expressions of interest" with "declarations of support" for the WRSJFA!

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
21 minutes ago, Kicker Conspiracy said:

Shippy only joined the EOS in 12-13. Before that they were amateur & SFA members akin to the status of Glasgow Uni

After the central league stopped for about 90 years we had sfl(spl), junior and amateur football in fife.  Now virtually everybody outside of amateurs are in the same structure 

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

After the central league stopped for about 90 years we had sfl(spl), junior and amateur football in fife.  Now virtually everybody outside of amateurs are in the same structure 

That was my point I made a few weeks back that the Fife Fa must be getting a new lease of life assuming some of these new senior teams go on to apply (and get) a licence and so able to apply for membership. 

Edited by morley

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Aside from what has been mentioned, there was also the small matter of facilities. We would never have been in a position to meet the LL criteria that was due to come in, and playing outside of the town again simply wasn’t an option any of us would entertain.