Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

but do they have that much choice. The rest have joined the EOSFL so unless they want to travel to west lothian or go amateur

They could join the Tayside clubs, but I doubt that's what they want. They probably have no choice.

There are so many important meetings coming up I think it would be extremely helpful for those “feeling the pulse” to draft some specimen questions for the masses. It would be so easy for valid questions to be brushed aside by uninformed bluster.

What questions would you be asking?

What answers are unacceptable?

but do they have that much choice. The rest have joined the EOSFL so unless they want to travel to west lothian or go amateur

They’d probably be better going juniors one last season before the inevitable when everyone gets lumped over. 30 mins every week probably more reasonable than chance of a fife team a few times a season and long trips to borders and also other clubs in the east region, they’ve got to look at what they will achieve, will the basement boys here go and win the conferences, I think not but crossgates did have an excellent first season eos.
That’s just my opinion though, ultimately they will decide. I’m sure if you looked at last two seasons for the someone as big as Arniston for example, I Would struggle to believe any benefit they’ve found, they could’ve probably competed better in junior ranks.

7 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

They’d probably be better going juniors one last season before the inevitable when everyone gets lumped over. 30 mins every week probably more reasonable than chance of a fife team a few times a season and long trips to borders and also other clubs in the east region, they’ve got to look at what they will achieve, will the basement boys here go and win the conferences, I think not but crossgates did have an excellent first season eos.
That’s just my opinion though, ultimately they will decide. I’m sure if you looked at last two seasons for the someone as big as Arniston for example, I Would struggle to believe any benefit they’ve found, they could’ve probably competed better in junior ranks.

How would they be better travelling to west lothian every week when they could be in with at least 3 or 4 fife teams. Lochore to Fauldhouse is 50 mins according to google maps. Even Bathgate etc is around that. Lochore to Craigroyston 35 mins. So for a couple of possible trips to the borders Eyemouth if they come back and Tweedmouth which they might get one or neither they should stay Junior. That would be mad

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

8 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Remember that Lochore spent several seasons in the North Division of the Juniors travelling to Brechin, Forfar etc.

At the moment you're looking at 5 or 6 Fife clubs in each Conference of 16/17.

8 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Oakley, St Andrews, burntisland, rosyth, kennoway, lochgelly, Thornton, kirckaldy & dysart  will all be in next years conferences. With the possibility of crossgates and inverkeithing.

I can't see any other decision for Lochore other than to apply to the EOSFL. They felt as if they lost out in an East Juniors reconstruction a few years ago when being assigned to the North section and lost the opportunity to continue their local rivalry with Lochgelly Albert who joined the South Section.  Lochore is now propping up the South Superleague, but with all their local rivals heading off to the EoSFL, it would seem inevitable that they will switch leagues.  

There’s plenty ways to look at it. Personally I think that pyramid is definitely best going forward but each club ultimately has to go for what they and the fans want as well as what they can manage. Also my opinion is my opinion and that’s all, I have spoken to few West Lothian clubs and unless things change it looks like they’ll remain. Lochore could go either way and still have plenty travelling. They would lose the Scottish junior cup though which usually is the best gates for most non league teams, that’s all dependent on if they West region teams go or not. I think there won’t be any change really til the deadline closes.

3 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

There’s plenty ways to look at it. Personally I think that pyramid is definitely best going forward but each club ultimately has to go for what they and the fans want as well as what they can manage. Also my opinion is my opinion and that’s all, I have spoken to few West Lothian clubs and unless things change it looks like they’ll remain. Lochore could go either way and still have plenty travelling. They would lose the Scottish junior cup though which usually is the best gates for most non league teams, that’s all dependent on if they West region teams go or not. I think there won’t be any change really til the deadline closes.

The Junior cup is a joke now. Lochore never ever got far in it anyway so they aren't going to miss it that much. I honestly cant believe their is a rationale for doing anything but going to eosfl or going amateur. Ludicrous for 1 fife club to be going over to west lothian other week when they could be in conferences with fife teams and edinburgh teams which are closer but because of Tweedmouth is a reason to stay junior

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

You’re correct it’s not guaranteed it’s only highly likely to happen the only way I see it not happening are

1. There’s not enough teams to get the WOSFL started, I think they’d only need ten from SOS, WRJFA and the Amateurs so I’d think this option is highly unlikely unless the SJFA manage to get every club unified in rejecting the league. Unlikely with so many publicly stating an interest that there won’t be at least ten.

2. The WRJFA and SJFA manage to negotiate a deal with the LL and EOS to abandon their WOSFL and back the WRJFA plan with access to the pyramid. More likely than option one but it’d take a hell of a change in attitudes on both sides to happen and threatening legal action has probably destroyed the last good will between the organisations.

If they both form viable WOS leagues there will only be one winner as the LL and EOS can veto the other league and provided the SOS are not going to veto the LL WOSFL it’s going to get the playoff spot.

Reckon point 1 is what it's all about. WOSL don't have enough teams to get started which leads to point 2...back to negotiations.

1 minute ago, clash city rocker said:

Reckon point 1 is what it's all about. WOSL don't have enough teams to get started which leads to point 2...back to negotiations.

i think its highly unlikely that they won't right away Clydebank and Kilwinning seem to have had enough. Add in Bonnyton and Glasgow UNi their is 4 already and how many more will think Gordon Ronney is off his nut

There is no official junior position of ‘all in’ in terms of the west, my club’s never been asked to back this move.
Nobody has. Nobody can even say where the mandate for this has come from, but it certainly didn't come from a meeting of West Region club reps.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There is no official junior position of ‘all in’ in terms of the west, my club’s never been asked to back this move.

Nobody has. Nobody can even say where the mandate for this has come from, but it certainly didn't come from a meeting of West Region club reps.

if the sons of springburn go to wosfl, currently in bottom half of the championship, Yous would be back to top level football in the conferences if plenty go. So surely its more in your interest to go to wosfl

Mr Ronney’s emails have apparently caused a surge in interest for the wosl. Have largs been able to clarify if they’ve been counted amongst the ‘staying junior lot’ when clubs are being visited? I know Ronney has asked to come and speak to Clydebank tomorrow...
From what I'm told his decision to invite himself was declined by the Bankies board. Why would they need Ronney there when I assume Matt Bamford will be present?

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ah OK, thought ICR was about the SJFA mandate which dates back to 2001 and hasn't change.

That's another question, when did the SJFA mandate change and when were clubs consulted? and who gave the WRJFA Management Committee a mandate to act like numpties?