Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

54 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Serious question....

Has anybody on this forum ACTUALLY in real life spent a cold Tuesday night in Elgin ? ;)

Law of averages suggests someone must have !!!!

Aye. Took Tuesday and Wednesday off work to watch the Shire win 2-1 up there!

Just now, Doonhamer1969 said:

For amateur teams coming in, it makes sense for them to come in at the bottom, simply to avoid the humpings seen in the East conferences.

The "amateur" to enter the EoSFL last year was Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts.

They won 5, drew 1 and lost 18. So that's 25% of their games they got a point(s) from.

The majority of their games were not "humpings". Their losing margins were:

-1 = 1x
-2 = 5x
-3 = 7x
-4 = 2x
-5 = 2x
-10 = 1x their very first game

I'd say only 5 of their 24 games would be considered heavy defeats by 4 or more goals. They'd also say it was a beneficial learning experience as a season. Since they're now sitting 2nd in their First Division Conference.

Compare that to Cambuslang Rangers last year who had defeats like 9-1, 7-1, 6-0, 6-0, 5-0, 7-2, 4-0, 4-0

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You are suggesting sjfa so does that mean some west Lothian teams are applying 

I don’t have the breakdown unfortunately, but I would imagine the vast majority will be West teams.

49 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Full list of 48 teams available here guys

Only the Lowland League will know which clubs have actually expressed interest in their new West of Scotland League and they aren't saying which clubs these are ''''' so work it out for yourselves! The disinformation continues.

Reserves aren't being considered in any case.

Edited by Dev
up-date

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The "amateur" to enter the EoSFL last year was Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts.

They won 5, drew 1 and lost 18. So that's 25% of their games they got a point(s) from.

The majority of their games were not "humpings". Their losing margins were:

-1 = 1x
-2 = 5x
-3 = 7x
-4 = 2x
-5 = 2x
-10 = 1x their very first game

I'd say only 5 of their 24 games would be considered heavy defeats by 4 or more goals. They'd also say it was a beneficial learning experience as a season. Since they're now sitting 2nd in their First Division Conference.

Compare that to Cambuslang Rangers last year who had defeats like 9-1, 7-1, 6-0, 6-0, 5-0, 7-2, 4-0, 4-0

Re Cambuslang, two wrongs don't make a right.

I just don't see the need for conferences in this scenario

If, as stated above, 44 of the 48 are from an existing set up already playing at their correct level, and Bonnyton are already Tier 6, why reshuffle unnecessarily 94% of the clubs to accommodate 6% ?

Very, very tedious now. Whilst I do and always have wanted the juniors involved in the pyramid, particularly the west teams, it is truly at a stage where it is getting to become much more hassle than it is worth.

Maybe that's the tact, I dont actually know anymore.

The sheer volume of misinformation, guessing games and downright lying is unreal.

I emplore clubs to research the pyramid, ask clubs who moved their views, look into the licensing process and what it involves, and generally look into the pros and cons of what it means to stay committed to the sjfa/wrsjfa and/or what it means to move to the wosfl and commit to the pyramid structure (whilst recognising and respecting your clubs history aswell).

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Very, very tedious now. Whilst I do and always have wanted the juniors involved in the pyramid, particularly the west teams, it is truly at a stage where it is getting to become much more hassle than it is worth.

Maybe that's the tact, I dont actually know anymore.

The sheer volume of misinformation, guessing games and downright lying is unreal.

I emplore clubs to research the pyramid, ask clubs who moved their views, look into the licensing process and what it involves, and generally look into the pros and cons of what it means to stay committed to the sjfa/wrsjfa and/or what it means to move to the wosfl and commit to the pyramid structure (whilst recognising and respecting your clubs history aswell).

I think that's y lowland league are ignoring everything going ahead with their plan and let them choose 

9 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Re Cambuslang, two wrongs don't make a right.

I just don't see the need for conferences in this scenario

If, as stated above, 44 of the 48 are from an existing set up already playing at their correct level, and Bonnyton are already Tier 6, why reshuffle unnecessarily 94% of the clubs to accommodate 6% ?

Say last year there was no EoSFL and clubs decided to create one to enter the pyramid.

Haddington Athletic who finished 3rd in the East Premier League would have been one of the 16 teams to make up the EoS Premier. They instead finished 9th in their Conference.

Arniston Rangers finished 12th in the East Premier League. Yet they finished behind Easthouses Lily MW and Oakley United in their Conference, both of those clubs had been in the South Division the year before.

You can use the current standings to try and enforce the status quo. Or you can try and get the 16 best teams for a 2021-22 WoSFL Premier on merit instead of paper.

9 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Interesting claim.....

How many is 'lots' ?

IMG_20200303_210055.JPG

The latest email from the SJFA claims 30% of clubs have signed up to their proposals, and along with the ones who failed to express an interest in the WoSL this adds up to two-thirds of clubs.

I'm not sure if there's some double accounting in that figure though as one would expect there to be quite a high degree of overlap between the two groups they mentioned which would obviously bump the figure quoted down a fair bit.

The latest email from the SJFA claims 30% of clubs have signed up to their proposals, and along with the ones who failed to express an interest in the WoSL this adds up to two-thirds of clubs.
I'm not sure if there's some double accounting in that figure though as one would expect there to be quite a high degree of overlap between the two groups they mentioned which would obviously bump the figure quoted down a fair bit.
It's all academic anyway as ultimatley the LL hold the keys to the gate so to speak. From what I gather of the proposal it's much the same as before sans the east region ie sjfa retains power within the pyramid. That & as far as I'm aware the LL/EOS league has SFA endorsement.