Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

53 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Do the WRJFA / SJFA plan to have a large scale meeting to pitch their league idea to member clubs and I guess any interested clubs outside the WRJFA? as you say both sides should put their points across. Then let clubs make their own minds up.

You have to ask why the WRJFA hasn't called an EGM as yet ?

I suspect most of us already know the answer .

3 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Another way to look at floodlight installation is of the potential reward to come once a license is acquired.

By gaining annual Scottish Cup entry, you’re just a couple of games away from a few thousand in prize money (especially if the changes to prelim rounds come in).

Long term, clubs can pay off the high initial cost with a few good runs.

Precisely. And any west current junior clubs wondering how they could afford floodlights, just ask Dunipace. If they can do it I would have no fears for Premier and Championship clubs.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It was someone at the meeting that brought up the £90K cost. Gordon Ronney said it will cost clubs a minimum of £150K to get grounds to SFA Licence standard.

Yeah, Haddington, Tranent, Dunipace, Dundonald etc etc etc all had 150k to spend 🤔

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Nothing wrong with that. The likes of lithgae might they were slating us because we got poles from a scrappies but it's done the job while they spent a fortune on theirs

We were lucky though in that we were licensed pre the requirement for floodlights and then got a couple of good runs in the Scottish which provided the funds straight off.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Why is this cost of lights thing even coming up as an issue? You don't need them to be able to play in a WoS regardless of who is running it.

Because it's the scare story to keep them in the grade. Lights 150k toilets and cold Tuesday nights in elgin

12 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

So say I really dislike a club, could I put them in the bottom conference?

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

I hope you understand this better than your question suggests?

I rather suspect he does but, disappointingly, he is just the latest in a recent run of posters who are on this thread to obfuscate and confuse before making the claim that they and the Junior grade have been disrespected in some way when the answers they seek are set out patiently and clearly and turn out not to be to their liking.

Understanding both the WRSJFA WoSFL offering and the LL/EoSFL WoSFL offering is indeed, as subsequently pointed out, exactly what he and many should be doing - but pedantically querying the LL/EoSFL position while making next to no (no?) queries of the WRSJFA position really isn't going to uncover the answers.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Why is this cost of lights thing even coming up as an issue? You don't need them to be able to play in a WoS regardless of who is running it.

The costs are identical for a LL run WOSFL or a WRJFA run WOSFL within the pyramid, i.e. zero if you are not seeking to obtain an SFA licence, or a variable figure depending on each individual club's starting point if they are looking to get licensed.

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Because a couple of guys want to keep their blazers so they're making up complete bollocks to try and confuse clubs 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No argument there but either way clubs would go into the pyramid as a west feeder to the LL so scare tactics over lights shouldn't sway the argument at this point.

Correct, it's just another attempt to muddy the waters and scare people off.

The truth is that just about every West Region junior club's current facilities will be compliant for the ground requirements at tier 6, if the EoSFL criteria are to be matched in the WoSFL.

Most clubs will not need to spend a penny that they don't want to spend, but they will still be able to join the WoSFL.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That looks quite tidy, tbh.

Even better than the pics suggest, you can see the new changing rooms etc on the Twitter feed, and there's a good wee pie stall too. All of it from nothing in 18 months. 

Playing there was one of the highlights of the conferences season for me. It was Linlithgow Rose's first game in a furren country, Berwick's a cracking wee town so we made the most of it, had a wander around the walls and lunch before the game then walked across the sands to Lindisfarne afterwards.

People seem to think that moving into the pyramid is only of interest to the bigger clubs that could be trying to get promotion season after season. But for the smaller clubs, moving to the seniors offers a chance for re-invigoration. Tweedmouth are an example of that, so are Dunipace, Ormiston, Inverkeithing... so many smaller clubs using it as a catalyst to grow.