Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

It's not a foot in both camps. The West Region have a list of clubs on their list and they are going to SFA and saying the WoSL can't claim to have these numbers as they have pledged to stick with the West Region.
But some of the names mentioned as on that list have not made the commitment that is being claimed.

Just now, Doonhamer1969 said:

I think its unlikely that many clubs would register interest, then suddenly go ' nah, we'll no bother efter a'.

I'd say the majority of those will apply, probably 30-32 clubs, enough for 2 leagues.

All the clubs were advised BY THE WEST REGION to register an interest. Both Gordon Ronney and Bobby MacNamara tonight said their respective clubs had registered an interest. So the number actually applying may not be as high as you think based on expressions of interest.

8 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Tbf even the most positive of us were thinking that the WOSFL may struggle to get to 12 Expressions of Interests. So 48 is fantastic, the only issue is that the SFA might not be happy, as they've said 64 is the maximum number of clubs they can deal with at Tier 6.

Fair to say to those that are a bit slow, the West of Scotland League is happening, and will be at Tier 6 next season, without a doubt.

If two thirds of those who have registered interest actually apply and are accepted, for the sake of argument 32 teams, and they do set up the WoS with conferences in the first year, that's maximum 63 clubs at Tier 6.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

All the clubs were advised BY THE WEST REGION to register an interest. Both Gordon Ronney and Bobby MacNamara tonight said their respective clubs had registered an interest. So the number actually applying may not be as high as you think based on expressions of interest.

And you believe them! 

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
No I think its perfectly legitimate 48 people/clubs emailed in for more information, I'm just not sure it means much other than that. It's what comes next that's interesting 

The big deal here is that at one of the PWG meetings TJ stated zero of the west region clubs would have an interest in moving to another league & leaving the sjfa. Clearly this is not the case. Some have stated their interest in public for all to see.

Again I don't know if he said that, was shot down before for questioning the value of information of this or that he is meant to have said. It's also ye olde confirmation bias with almost everything being interpreted in such a way.... perhaps means more to them than me. I'm not even sure TJ has ever acknowledged me let alone be someone I'd defend. Just aware their clubs futures essentially dependent on a forum of rants and he said she said stuff at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

If two thirds of those who have registered interest actually apply and are accepted, for the sake of argument 32 teams, and they do set up the WoS with conferences in the first year, that's maximum 63 clubs at Tier 6.

So just say all 48 applied - would they exceed the maximum for the first year or would some have to be knocked back?

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
16 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
No I think its perfectly legitimate 48 people/clubs emailed in for more information, I'm just not sure it means much other than that. It's what comes next that's interesting 

The big deal here is that at one of the PWG meetings TJ stated zero of the west region clubs would have an interest in moving to another league & leaving the sjfa. Clearly this is not the case. Some have stated their interest in public for all to see.

Correct, given what TJ claimed at the final PWG, the LL were hoping to get between 12-16 clubs, enough to get this off the ground.

48 is remarkable, and even if that drops back to say 30-36 when applications open, it would exceed their expectations by a long way and prove beyond doubt they were right.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Yes, I realise that. Obviously we wait and see how many actually apply. I just have a feeling with that high a number of clubs even registering interest, there will be a good percentage that will actually go through with the application.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

So just say all 48 applied - would they exceed the maximum for the first year or would some have to be knocked back?

Nobody will be knocked back (if they meet the criteria)

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

And you believe them! 

Believe what - they advised the clubs to register an interest? Yes - it's in their email.

Believe Kilbirnie and Winton registered an interest? Yes - they would be failing their clubs otherwise. It also gives them access to the WoSL meeting.

The EOS are involved in helping with the setup of league. They accepted an avalanche of clubs for 18-19 & had a transitional season with all clubs on equal footing at tier 6 which they ran sucessfully. I'd expect the same with a huge influx of clubs to the WOSL.

Believe what - they advised the clubs to register an interest? Yes - it's in their email.
Believe Kilbirnie and Winton registered an interest? Yes - they would be failing their clubs otherwise. It also gives them access to the WoSL meeting.
In what email ?

Just now, craigkillie said:

It seems like "theesel1994" is this year's "superbigal", a generally decent poster who has been sucked in by the SJFA nonsense.

Are you off your head - 95% of what I've wrote these past couple of weeks has been for this new League. Now and then I do get sarcastic though.

2 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Why do all Clubs that join WOSFL have to be on an equal footing in conferences? 

Why can't League positions be used as a guide? 

Because non-West Junior clubs are also interested, it's a brand new league, and everyone starts equal at the same level.

Edited by Burnie_man