Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The latest update regarding the West of Scotland League

Following the passing of the date for clubs to note an interest in the proposed WoSFL, we can confirm that a total of 48 clubs from all grades have submitted emails thus far, asking to be kept informed of further developments. Clubs who have not noted their interest yet are still welcome to contact George Fraser geo_fraser @hotmail.co.uk to do so. This also does not preclude clubs from applying once more information is released.

We will now formalise the process and will contact all clubs concerned with further details.

Just now, gogsy said:

Its been pointed out to you time and time again what is happening, its not our fault you can't see what is going on.

I can see what folk are posting, I just know, to my own detriment at times, there is two sides to everything and find it a bit lazy to blame everything on incompetance of some Jurassic type organisation or figure.

For those who can't be ersed clicking

Following the passing of the date for clubs to note an interest in the proposed WoSFL, we can confirm that a total of 48 clubs from all grades have submitted emails thus far, asking to be kept informed of further developments. Clubs who have not noted their interest yet are still welcome to contact George Fraser geo_fraser @hotmail.co.uk to do so. This also does not preclude clubs from applying once more information is released.

We will now formalise the process and will contact all clubs concerned with further details.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That will send a message to the doubters ! A new West league is happening!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏

I think we can expect a statement from the Lowland League within the next couple of days as the deadline for expressing an interest has passed. Probably telling us how many clubs have contacted them. I reckon maybe about 18 clubs so they might get a Division of 12 clubs when ones actually apply.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

I think we can expect a statement from the Lowland League within the next couple of days as the deadline for expressing an interest has passed. Probably telling us how many clubs have contacted them. I reckon maybe about 18 clubs so they might get a Division of 12 clubs when ones actually apply.

49 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Well it has to be doesn't it because this is all about the "salvation of the association".

image.png.3420a40e1a33ba1168e883acfe9d1770.png

...It is most important to protect clubs from what...?

Fair play to the guy for sticking his head above the parapet... but we're talking Mariana Trench levels of out his depth here - just no gonny end well is it 🙈

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

So there have been 48 emails from someone saying they are a committee member of whatever club and want further info?

Yes, emailers were told to include the contact info of a club official so presumably these have been verified.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

So there have been 48 emails from someone saying they are a committee member of whatever club and want further info?

That’s how the game works, Committees have a meeting, then usually a vote, then send in the email

16 minutes ago, BTID said:

Well that's a hell of a nice and neat 3x16 if they all go for it and get accepted :)

Must admit to being wrong, folk posting that maybe 40 clubs expressed interest. I'm thinking 'Is it really that many ??'

One occasion where I'm quite happy to admit over scepticism !

Edited by Doonhamer1969