Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Last year we had Larry from Lochee who told us “it was a done deal” WRJFA and ERJFA at tier 6, he even provided his proof in an email from Ian Maxwell and wanted Burnie_man to apologise when the SFA overruled the LL and EOS objections. Burnie_man told him this couldn’t happen as SFA had no power and the leagues could veto it. like 99% I had no idea who was correct.

We even had Beenze chortling last year that after some Hampden meeting or other and the news broke of the outcome, I'd be having a meltdown as it was a done deal.   I never did get an apology from Larry.

The language from one side here is quite telling - everything is a "fight", talk of "traitors", "salvation" and "hate".

I can only speak for myself but I just want teams playing football games against teams of similar abilities.

Pollok vs Falkirk in the Scottish Cup is my one selfish thing I want from this.

Edited by Marshmallo

6 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

This is both pathetic and embarrassing in equal measure. From my perspective and, I imagine, the perspective of most on here and most who have an interest in the future of the non-league Scottish game, no one "hates" the Juniors. No one. What they are coming to "hate" is the abject failure of the Junior games administrators and their utterly appalling attempts to gain traction with such a very similar play to that which failed so miserably last season (read 'done deal') - and to what end? To save a pretty tidy remuneration, and a remuneration for what may we all ask? For having run their grade aground and for steadfastly standing in the way of the lifeboats.

Pathetic and embarrassing indeed, It would even be pretty funny if it wasn't for the fact this is from a grown man, who must be holding down a full time job as well as being a  representative of junior clubs on the West. 

If I played, supported or was on the committee of any of the West clubs I would be furious at this type of behaviour from someone that is supposed to be representing the best interests of my club.

Edited by Dylangt7

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can only speak for myself but I just want teams playing football games against teams of similar abilities.

Makes sense: Pollok and Falkirk are two teams of similar abilities.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The language from one side here is quite telling - everything is a "fight", talk of "traitors", "salvation" and "hate".

Pollok would win easily ;)

11 minutes ago, Nikos K said:

I should really stop replying as my team is down as Scotland and I don’t want TJ contacting the sfa to ask if they know who I am 😀

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You've had that as well? 🤣

There's a lot of it about. I am also Spartacus!

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
2 hours ago, Nikos K said:
If you are Beenz mr.ronney , then that is a pathetic come back for a man in your position!!  

Further proof that every one of you Junior haters hang on everything that comes from Burnie as being solid gospel truth.

Image result for he's not the messiah

I see lots about WRSJFA, not much else been said about ERSJFA and NRSJFA. I’ve only heard most Fife teams leaving for Eos the rest staying juniors?

Whispers of Whitburn considering their options. Someone posted over on EOS forum that Luncarty & Newburgh have applied.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
7 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:
I see lots about WRSJFA, not much else been said about ERSJFA and NRSJFA. I’ve only heard most Fife teams leaving for Eos the rest staying juniors?

Whispers of Whitburn considering their options. Someone posted over on EOS forum that Luncarty & Newburgh have applied.

Also  rumours an agreement is close between the HL and NCL and NRSJFA. 

8 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

The latest I know about the NRJFA is that there are talks ongoing with the Highland League and North Caledonian League about possibly the NRJFA & NCL both going in the pyramid on tier 6. I'm not sure though how far these negotiations are and when they'd expect the pyramid there to start if it gets agreed.

5 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Most of if not all of the Fife teams will be going. Obviously, as things stand the north of Tay sides will be staying for want of a viable pathway - they're the ones hardest done to I personally feel, as shunting them into the SHFL's orbit is every bit as glib a handwave of a real problem as was the previous insistence  from some that the SoSL covered the West.

Other than that the East will be down to a few holdouts in West Lothian for whom it seems continued Junioryness is all-important. 

The North Region seems to have always been an afterthought.

8 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

You can't get relegated from tier 6 into tier 6?

So you’re assuming if there was any interest from the SOSFL then all potential conferences would automatically start at Tier 6 ? If the South did have several potential interested parties then the remainder that stayed put would clearly be severely weakened by loosing what you would assume were the better / bigger sides and would the League then retain their Tier 6 status ! 

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
From what i hear there is a counter lawsuit in the works which is ready to go should the wrsjfa even attempt to go down this line, advice taken at a much higher level than where some are getting theirs from...

Oh look - "My dad's bigger than your dad "

Is this Ron Manager?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't hate the Juniors either, I've watched Junior football for 40 years and still watch it.  It's just football at the end of the day. Problem is, it conducts itself like a cult and anyone criticising it or threatening it is seen as the enemy by some blazers.

Is it true that L Ron Hubbard was largely inspired by the SJFA?

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

You’ll have to stick to playing us for now mate. Personally I want to see the best teams playing each other at the top and if Talbot, Pollok or Kelty are better than Annan, Albion and Cowdenbeath then they should be playing at a higher level. I also think it’s madness to have two separate grades where local towns like Rosyth and Burntisland can’t meet. Hopefully we eventually end up with 1 pyramid with every team finding their level and able to enter the national cup. Really enjoyed the cup runs of Talbot and this year BSC. Football is football whether it’s Celtic, Falkirk or Yoker. The Pyramid is a long way from perfect but it’s slowly heading in the right direction. Senior, Junior, Amateur, Welfare they’re just artificial divides.

Excellent post ! And in addition to the West, I hope that the North Juniors, the 'Tayside' Juniors, and the North Caledonian clubs, join the pyramid in the near future.,  We will then have a nationwide pyramid. 

PS  I really enjoyed the BSC game.