Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, morley said:

So when is the next key date in all this. Lost track about 50 pages ago. When is the deadline for notes of interest to be into the LL/EOS. Is it this Friday? 

It was yesterday.  Next step will be to call a meeting of clubs who have registered an interest and open formal applications.

4 minutes ago, morley said:

So when is the next key date in all this. Lost track about 50 pages ago. When is the deadline for notes of interest to be into the LL/EOS. Is it this Friday? 

As Burnie says, there will now be a meeting called of interested parties and the formal application process will be announced by Friday. The current deadline for these to be lodged is the end of March, which could be extended in theory.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

It was yesterday.  Next step will be to call a meeting of clubs who have registered an interest and open formal applications.

You missed the LL's promise to provide more information by Friday. I suspect that any meeting would have to be scheduled around the third week of March to allow clubs sufficient notice and time to consult with their members before the application deadline of 31 March.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Thanks BM. Will we hear any update come out from the LL today do you think given the deadline has now closed then. Something high level which confirms that there has been enough interest for the process to move to the next step of formal apllications. 

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As yesterday was Sunday, I would anticipate that the SLL would accept any "expressions of interest" by e-mail, today.

I may be wrong, but it would be worth a try.

12 hours ago, AML67 said:

South teams like everyone else out there have the chance to express an interest but whether any of them were to join I’d be surprised as they still be at Tier 6 anyway with very little chance of success against potentially some of Junior world footballs best sides 

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You missed the LL's promise to provide more information by Friday. I suspect that any meeting would have to be scheduled around the third week of March to allow clubs sufficient notice and time to consult with their members before the application deadline of 31 March.

I suspect the meeting will be late this week or early next, it's a Q&A for clubs to gather info and then consult their committee/members, same process as happened with EoS influx 2 years ago. Gives them plenty time before 31st March deadline.

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

As yesterday was Sunday, I would anticipate that the SLL would accept any "expressions of interest" by e-mail, today.

I may be wrong, but it would be worth a try.

I don't believe they have said applications will only be allowed to those who have expressed a NOI. So yes agree I imagine NOI can still be put in. It will be the next deadline of the 31st March for applications to be in which can't be moved. 

22 minutes ago, morley said:

Thanks BM. Will we hear any update come out from the LL today do you think given the deadline has now closed then. Something high level which confirms that there has been enough interest for the process to move to the next step of formal apllications. 

I'd think we'll hear something over the next day or two now that the 1st March date has passed.  There's plenty of interest.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd think we'll hear something over the next day or two now that the 1st March date has passed.  There's plenty of interest.

I wonder if in the application process clubs will be asked to provide evidence or an attestation of resignation from an existing organisation, be it junior, amateur, other senior league. I say that as i can imagine the West junior clubs in particular who apply may get a lot of pressure and lobbying put on them over the summer to withdraw their applications. 

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Alan the acceptance of the WJFA automatically brings constitutional change, do you think the SFA would approve the WJFA and give them no direction of travel that’s just bonkers, you’d drive a bus through that in a legal challenge. So they ok the LL and the then LL ok there league into the LL, think how silly that looks

That is what gordon Ronney said so he obviously believes sfa are letting him in

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Hes admitted kilbirnie have put an Expression of interest in lowland league wosfl

Only those clubs with Expression of interest will be invited to the meeting - maybe this is his way of having a WRSJFA presence at this meeting to muddy the waters.

48 minutes ago, morley said:

I wonder if in the application process clubs will be asked to provide evidence or an attestation of resignation from an existing organisation, be it junior, amateur, other senior league. I say that as i can imagine the West junior clubs in particular who apply may get a lot of pressure and lobbying put on them over the summer to withdraw their applications. 

Clubs can't be expected to resign from their existing leagues when they don't even know for sure that they'll get into the new one.

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Alan the acceptance of the WJFA automatically brings constitutional change, do you think the SFA would approve the WJFA and give them no direction of travel that’s just bonkers, you’d drive a bus through that in a legal challenge. So they ok the LL and the then LL ok there league into the LL, think how silly that looks

That is what gordon Ronney said so he obviously believes sfa are letting him in

What does that even mean, constitutional change for who, the WRJFA?  The WRJFA haven't been accepted/approved by anyone. Legal challenge?  the guy is aff his heid!