Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Am I wrong in thinking that the sjfa have quite simply asked the sfa to rename their current top league?

Given that it will still sit out with the pyramid and be run by the sjfa is it not just the super league rehashed and renamed?

What an awe inspiring plan......see what we will do right, is we will rename our own league to make it look and sound like their one and hopefully that will trick clubs into staying.....

'What are we doing today brain....the same thing we do every day pinky, taking over de world'........absolutely ridiculous stuff.

SJFA don't have a 'top league' as such,  I think you mean WEST REGION sjfa and the WRSJFA 'Premiership' not the 'super league' which hasn't existed for nearly 2 years now!

Other than that we don't know - in fact does ANYONE know what Gordon Ronney's proposal actually would entail, even Mr Ronney himself??

SJFA don't have a 'top league' as such,  I think you mean WEST REGION sjfa and the WRSJFA 'Premiership' not the 'super league' which hasn't existed for nearly 2 years now!
Other than that we don't know - in fact does ANYONE know what Gordon Ronney's proposal actually would entail, even Mr Ronney himself??
I'd say whatever Ronney has came up with was drawn on the back of a napkin but that'd be disrespectful to the napkin. The bit I'm curious about is how many other of the west region blazers are involved in this mess & what the role the sjfa (if any) had in formulating this car crash.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was wondering where that was being said, and its Facebook.

In amongst the comments, its mentioned how Bonnyrigg and Kelty have joined the pyramid and just had their game against each other in front of 1,500+

The response "still not junior football though"

Got a link to the post?

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

What if they are held up with away fixtures against clubs without floodlights. This season was meant to be the proving season.

Well it shouldn't get that point but if it does then you just need to take drastic measures by moving home fixtures to midweek and playing on Mondays.

Just now they have 6 away games to clubs without floodlights, with 6 Saturdays* and a couple of midweeks available (* if they get to the Junior Cup semis) so there wouldn't be a problem.

He'd better give better answers than the ones he's been putting on Twitter because I don't think "done deals" will be accepted unless they are in writing from the organisation they are doing a deal with.
Should live stream or get meeting on YouTube to help clarify things to supporters of other teams. Would certainly get a lot of views!

14 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Should live stream or get meeting on YouTube to help clarify things to supporters of other teams. Would certainly get a lot of views!

I mean we're talking about a grade of football that makes up the fixtures with a weeks notice most of the time. Maybe livestreaming might a step too far at this point.

I mean we're talking about a grade of football that makes up the fixtures with a weeks notice most of the time. Maybe livestreaming might a step too far at this point.
Largs amongst other current Junior clubs do a good video highlights package after almost every game.
Fixtures have been much better and since Kennie took over in 2018, weather is only frustrating factor but that's same with League Two.

16 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

You are doing a disservice to Kennie, the West Region  fixture secretary, who has performed a sterling job this season.

Edited by holmparkheroes

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

To be fair he doesn't seem as bad as I thought maybe a genuine nice guy his reasons he says is to get everyone in the pyramid but its probably going to backfire muddy the waters and split opinion. His solution was probably the answer 12 months ago had they stood upto tj then and said no tam we will go in as we are and you can sort something else for the east and eosfl and lowland league probably would have helped but now they are that fed up with them they set up their own 

He is a decent guy who is trying his best for all clubs to get into the pyramid. Yip what is being done now should probably have been done long ago but reckon everybody wanted it done amicably. 

I cannot see a great problem with forming a WJL-WoSL!

As it would never be sanctioned to operate at Tier6, it would be considered as a feeder to the official Tier6/Tier7/Tier8 League in operation at any future moment, alongside established SAFA Leagues.

In effect ~ It represents no change in rump WJL teams' position from their expected position as of 2020-21 season's beginning. Their official League notepaper might need new title-headers, mark you!

The official WoSL seems to have the interest of ±35 WJL clubs, 6 SoSL clubs & 2 amateur Clubs already, so there immediately appears to be a potential market for three 14-club conferences to be formed. While some hitherto 'interested' clubs may yet be fooled into failing to actually apply by the shenaniganising going on, I'm reasonably sure this number will be matched by others not yet publicising their own expression of interest. Separately, if those SoS clubs are denied access, there would still likely be enough of a quorum for three conferences of 12 clubs. I expect three conferences, come what may, as I cannot see fewer than 36 clubs realistically in the mix.

I suspect that the WoSL evolution would then follow EoSL lines exactly, just two seasons in arrears.

3 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

He is a decent guy who is trying his best for all clubs to get into the pyramid. Yip what is being done now should probably have been done long ago but reckon everybody wanted it done amicably. 

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Clubs that follow this into a dead end will be disadvantaged.

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Other than the benefits of the Talbot £ surely any SoS team joint the WoS would just be setting themselves up for relegation to tier 8 and wet Tuesday night's away in Alexandria 

Surely they’d simply return to the South if that scenario happened 

1 hour ago, Cornishman said:

I cannot see a great problem with forming a WJL-WoSL!

As it would never be sanctioned to operate at Tier6, it would be considered as a feeder to the official Tier6/Tier7/Tier8 League in operation at any future moment, alongside established SAFA Leagues.

In effect ~ It represents no change in rump WJL teams' position from their expected position as of 2020-21 season's beginning. Their official League notepaper might need new title-headers, mark you!

The official WoSL seems to have the interest of ±35 WJL clubs, 6 SoSL clubs & 2 amateur Clubs already, so there immediately appears to be a potential market for three 14-club conferences to be formed. While some hitherto 'interested' clubs may yet be fooled into failing to actually apply by the shenaniganising going on, I'm reasonably sure this number will be matched by others not yet publicising their own expression of interest. Separately, if those SoS clubs are denied access, there would still likely be enough of a quorum for three conferences of 12 clubs. I expect three conferences, come what may, as I cannot see fewer than 36 clubs realistically in the mix.

I suspect that the WoSL evolution would then follow EoSL lines exactly, just two seasons in arrears.

good post, we could then expect some amateur outfits stepping up to fill that void or the west juniors folding?

4 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Unfortunately it's too late and I think hes going to make it worse by splitting it

He? Is he acting alone? I'm afraid "he" doesn't (or shouldn't) have the authority to act like this without a mandate.

The clubs are absolutely clueless as to what "he" is trying to achieve (as is everyone else).

Shouldn't TJ be pulling him into line as it goes against the "all-in" mandate which hasn't changed, or are we now in an era of everyone for themselves and do what you want, forget procedures?

I guess it will be all the more amusing when it falls flat on its face. Beenze, where are you?