Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

17 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

One advantage - you know in advance the dates of the semi finals and they don't change their mind half way through the season.

Well, it does help that there's no replays, the semis are one legged, postponed games don't keep getting attempted week after week, and they can be played midweek if needed.

And in fairness the SJFA did publish a calendar at the start of the season: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Scottish_Junior_Cup#Calendar

Edited by Ginaro

Genuinely can’t see anywhere the SJFA and WRJFA can go, they’ve been out maneuvered by the EOS and LL who’ve become fed up with the SJFA’s unworkable “all in or none in”. If the LL press on with establishing a WOS they only really need 10 teams to get it started then it’s game over for the SJFA south of the Tay line. The entire area will be covered by Senior Leagues and even if the SJFA rally the clubs behind the Grade its only a matter of time before we see a Kelty, a Dalkeith and a Blackburn and then exactly what happened in the East will happen in the West.

Sadly the SJFA could have lead the entire shaping of the non SPFL pyramid but they scoffed at the Lowland League idea and refused to compromise. Any clubs that opt for the WOS (WRJFA) idea could well miss the boat here and find themselves a year behind other teams. The boards of every Junior club need to ensure they get all the facts and question every promise by both organisations. Then present the facts to their members so a decision an be reached.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Except the WR, going by what Ronney is saying, want to preserve the SJFA.  Not compatible POVs.

At some point he's going to realise he's not being told the full picture - although he gives out subtle hints that WE aren't getting the full picture. But he won't elaborate on what the full picture is.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

At some point he's going to realise he's not being told the full picture - although he gives out subtle hints that WE aren't getting the full picture. But he won't elaborate on what the full picture is.

Probably because he doesn't know and is being taken in by the grade mentaltiy

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Probably because he doesn't know and is being taken in by the grade mentaltiy

But any West official ought to know. The blind have shackled themselves to the blind on this one, trusting the SJFA to negotiate in good faith. The 'grade' and all its baggage was salvagable provided that the SJFA were vanguards in the LL's development. They weren't.

12 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

He can't talk about everything but Trust me. It's a done deal.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

But any West official ought to know. The blind have shackled themselves to the blind on this one, trusting the SJFA to negotiate in good faith. The 'grade' and all its baggage was salvagable provided that the SJFA were vanguards in the LL's development. They weren't.

And the current situation is that by adopting the stance they did they've now rendered themselves an irrelevance in the progress of events from now on.

Their influence on the road ahead is non-existent and the only tactics they have left at their disposal are appeals to solidarity and a muddying of the waters by the spread of disinformation.

From such a strong starting position it's actually stunning how they've mishandled the situation at every turn.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

See the ERJFA for the answer. Some went and some stayed now they’re slowly filtering over while the ERJFA gets weaker each season.

Out of interest have the SJFA/ ERJFA Executive/Management Committee honorariums/salaries been proportionately decreased as the membership decined?  What effect did the removal of almost 30 clubs have on ERJFA honorariums. Did TJ "take a hit" with his SJFA "gold-plated" salary?

If some 40 clubs leave the WRJFA at the end of the season as expected what impact will this have on WRJFA Management Committee honorariums? Will TJ still keep his SJFA "gold-plated" salary (perhaps with a bonus given the current hassle)?

The more that you look at the situation you understand why the SJFA blazers are currently fighting so hard to "keep their slice of the cake".

I think that Junior clubs are beginning to see reality through the dispersing mist. It is clear in my view that loyal clubs have been let down for far too long by the vested interests of those that continue to run the Junior grade.  It could have been so different if the grade had been run by "men of vision" rather than "well remunerated autocrats".

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

And the current situation is that by adopting the stance they did they've now rendered themselves an irrelevance in the progress of events from now on.

Their influence on the road ahead is non-existent and the only tactics they have left at their disposal are appeals to solidarity and a muddying of the waters by the spread of disinformation.

From such a strong starting position it's actually stunning how they've mishandled the situation at every turn.

It reminds me a bit of 5 a side. You play among your pals for ages and start to think your quite good. Then the guys on the next pitch challenge you to a game and you quickly  find out how unfit and shite you are.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It reminds me a bit of 5 a side. You play among your pals for ages and start to think your quite good. Then the guys on the next pitch challenge you to a game and you quickly  find out how unfit and shite you are.

^^^^ speaking from experience

I don't understand this love of the "grade". Football is football. I've watched Internationals (full, under 23 and amateur), European club competitions, Scottish league (regular top flight, occasional lower divisions matches), Highland league, Irish League (top division and lower division), League of Ireland, an English league game, a junior match, amateur, summer league and kick abouts. Never once have I thought "I must follow this 'grade' to the exclusion of all others, and do all in my power to ensure my team doesn't leave this 'grade'".

Edited by Jacksgranda

it is not "loyalty" to the grade ,the S J F A  or even the region that concerns  west clubs it is concern for the clubs that they have played and built connections with over the years
The sjfa have had 3 years to come up with a plan to keep clubs in the juniors but they could even come up with a plan even taking one from this thread would have been a start so clubs can sit round a table and talk about the future of the scottish game at this level so the clubs have took the wheel and steering there own direction they should be applauded for thinking of the future of the game .

19 minutes ago, marconi said:

it is not "loyalty" to the grade ,the S J F A  or even the region that concerns  west clubs it is concern for the clubs that they have played and built connections with over the years

If they all go, what on earth is the problem? And by 'all go' I mean that they all apply to the WoSL, not fudge the issue to give the WRSJFA another 12 months of oxygen.

53 minutes ago, marconi said:

So those 30+ clubs who have expressed an interest in the new WoS are having it forced upon them then?

Because you seem to think everything is rosey in the garden.

On 26/06/2019 at 20:45, marconi said:

how many times has it to be said there is NO appetite for a new west league  in this region the only way most clubs will move is if it is forced upon them.