Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

So now they intend having a West of Scotland Junior League and also a West of Scotland Senior League both hoping to feed into the Lowland League. One of them is guaranteed to feed into the Lowland League and the other is hopeful of doing so by threatening legal action.

Do they not remember how that worked out in the East two years ago?

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Just loving the meltdown.
I can't believe that the WRSJFA haven't looked into the full implications of their course of action.

I get the impression some clubs just do as they are told going by the fact they all went along with the WRSJFA recommendation without thinking about what it meant for their own club.

Still, if the West Region get their way, 63 clubs moving from the backwaters of the Junior leagues to become Senior clubs in the senior pyramid has to be a good thing.

edit - oh hang on, what about the likes of the Ants who want to remain Junior.

Edited by Junior Pub League

I am even confused now....!! Majority of Junior clubs will now wait for full West Region to be accepted into pyramid. Can this happen?

Lowland League and West Region need to have talks as totally head f**k now and get it sorted.

Clubs now won't apply to new West of Scotland League as will believe full West Region will join. Will they?

It's a complete shambles from all involved.

I am even confused now....!! Majority of Junior clubs will now wait for full West Region to be accepted into pyramid. Can this happen?

Lowland League and West Region need to have talks as totally head f**k now and get it sorted.

Clubs now won't apply to new West of Scotland League as will believe full West Region will join. Will they?

If anyone believes the desperate nonsense coming out of the WRJFA then they deserve to be left behind.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Your Committee/Board were. And it wasn't a vote as others remind me - it was approval of Option Z.

Then they acted against the wishes of our fans. I am very interested to know which members of the west region committee approved this course of action and why the clubs weren’t consulted. Some clubs board re-election might be interesting this year.

Just now, Shannon said:

Let me think about this. The Lowland League (along with the Eat of Scotland League) are organising a West of Scotland Senior League. This will feed into the Lowland League.

The Juniors come along and request the LL change their format to accommodate them. This fails. The Juniors insist it is all in or none in. Talks break down. The West Region sends out an email and hints of legal action. Against who? 

Then overnight the West Region decides to go it alone and form their own league and hopes to feed into a League they maybe threatening legal action against. We don't know. They won't say. They won't even say if it is legal action. The West Region does all this without consulting any of their member clubs.

Of course they'll be accepted into the Pyramid. (Why can I hear Cenk Uygur's voice?) I don't see any problem.

If anyone believes the desperate nonsense coming out of the WRJFA then they deserve to be left behind.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
It's made out on social media as a done deal. It's really confusing for normal fans and constantly changing to be honest. You literally can't keep up with developments.

Also why shouldn't there be an 18 team tier 6 if what clubs want with 16 plus Bonnyton and Glasgow University. Why a clamour for conferences when could be 12 team league of Lanark, Talbot, Whitletts and BSC reserves in same league....that isn't going to sit well with lot of Junior clubs.

I am even confused now....!! Majority of Junior clubs will now wait for full West Region to be accepted into pyramid. Can this happen?  Lowland League and West Region need to have talks as totally head f**k now and get it sorted.

Sadly for Junior clubs there is only one organisation that is consistently a shambles, and that's the SJFA I'm afraid.

Ask a former Junior club that's now in the EoS if they think the EoS is a shambles.

Ask a former Junior club that's now in the LL if they think the LL is a shambles.

I think they'd laugh in your face.

Let me think about this. The Lowland League (along with the Eat of Scotland League) are organising a West of Scotland Senior League. This will feed into the Lowland League.
The Juniors come along and request the LL change their format to accommodate them. This fails. The Juniors insist it is all in or none in. Talks break down. The West Region sends out an email and hints of legal action. Against who? 
Then overnight the West Region decides to go it alone and form their own league and hopes to feed into a League they maybe threatening legal action against. We don't know. They won't say. They won't even say if it is legal action. The West Region does all this without consulting any of their member clubs.
Of course they'll be accepted into the Pyramid. (Why can I hear Cenk Uygur's voice?) I don't see any problem.
I can understand this but supporters and clubs won't and will just go with flow and think West Region will get in. Clubs are unaware West Region won't be accepted as a whole and will have to apply to West of Scotland League. Will take the West Region quote at face value.

Will need the West of Scotland meeting next week to clear things up with clubs and make them well aware we won't get in to pyramid through West Region.

Complete clusterfuck.

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

It's made out on social media as a done deal. It's really confusing for normal fans and constantly changing to be honest. You literally can't keep up with developments.

They'll need to show paperwork from the Lowland League to prove it's a done deal otherwise some may doubt them.

Also why shouldn't there be an 18 team tier 6 if what clubs want with 16 plus Bonnyton and Glasgow University. Why a clamour for conferences when could be 12 team league of Lanark, Talbot, Whitletts and BSC reserves in same league....that isn't going to sit well with lot of Junior clubs.

It is a completely different league. Clubs will be leaving the Juniors behind. Even if it was only Junior clubs joining it I wouldn't have a problem with a club at the bottom joking at the same level.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Is it? I refer you to my previous comments about fooling people.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

"If that's what clubs want"  do they? when were they consulted about all of this?  You do realise that without the LL, EoS and SoS approval, no other league can be admitted to the play-off for the LL.

There is now approaching 40 clubs who have submitted a note of interest to the new WoSFL (not just Junior, and no reserves), there will be a meeting of clubs probably end of next week or early following week. Formal applications will then open.

If any of it doesn't sit well, then a club has the right to remain Junior, nobody is forcing them to do anything, but the feedback so far of those intested has been clubs want a change, they want away from the SJFA.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that TJ told PWG that none of his member clubs would be interested in a WoS. Who do you choose to believe?

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

Tj has called a meeting for the sjfa tomorrow 30 feb

agenda

1when did dunipace leave

2why did no one tell me

3 i ll make them return

You forgot Agenda items 4 & 5

4:  instruct  Inverurie, Turiff, Formartine & Strathspey to resign from the Highland League before its AGM 2020, and rejoin the North Junior League (to avoid being sued retrospectively)

5; sue the SPFL for promoting a Cove Rangers into Division 2, on the grounds that they illegally left the North Juniors and joined the HFL, which de facto meant they were not eligible to join, or be promoted within, the pyramid, in the first place.

Barking mad !

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

but the feedback so far of those intested has been clubs want a change, they want away from the SJFA.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that TJ told PWG that none of his member clubs would be interested in a WoS. Who do you choose to believe?

It's this sort of thinking that made me believe that e-mail was why the West Region were going rogue from the SJFA. So many clubs are sick of the SJFA - it makes sense that at least one of the regions is equally sick of them