Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I would hope any Tier 6 clubs shoofting over would enter a WoS Premier League (and possibly GU as well as SFA members who haven't had a place to go). If the Juniors think they can come over and make other clubs start at the bottom they can beat it

That's excactly what they will do.   I believe they have "promised" to make an exception for Glasgow Uni and Bonnyton if they applied (18 club Superleague?), but anyone else can beat it and start at tier 9.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
No war from the LL side, they have the full support of the SPFL and the SoS are also now involved. There is no PWG, there is no contact with the Juniors.  They carry on and initiate a WoSFL for next season.
We can however sit back and enjoy the Junior blazers making complete roaring tits of themselves.

Do you know how/when the SPFL were consulted/informed? Not doubting this just curious about the workings of it.

Well the LL are represented on the PGB, and there was a recent meeting of this board.  There's also talks ongoing and meetings arranged.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The west juniors can't join the pyramid en masse without the approval of the EoS and LL where a change to the LL playoff format is concerned. This latest announcement from the west region is a desperate attempt to confuse people rather than a genuine effort to join the pyramid.

They only need to make it to 1st April and then everyone will still be junior

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The WRJFA aren't going independent, they will remain an SJFA league, and want to run their own discipline (fines?) and fixtures, same management committee.  Therefore, they are going against SJFA members by going rogue and trying to get in by themselves.

Well that's just daft

Was that email this morning genuine.....you seem to know someone that has access to these emails. It just looks a little bit fake. Missing out the dot on West Junior F.A  both times makes it look like a copy and paste job.
You're giving the SJFA too much credit...

11 minutes ago, stulch said:
39 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
Was that email this morning genuine.....you seem to know someone that has access to these emails. It just looks a little bit fake. Missing out the dot on West Junior F.A  both times makes it look like a copy and paste job.

You're giving the SJFA too much credit...

I was. It appears it was genuine.

With this recent development seeing the West juniors go public with their own proposal, I wonder if the outcome is we will now see more juniors in the east including the Tayside clubs now look to join if any had been hanging on still believing the sjfa were still pushing the all in solution. 

1 minute ago, morley said:

With this recent development seeing the West juniors go public with their own proposal, I wonder if the outcome is we will now see more juniors in the east including the Tayside clubs now look to join if any had been hanging on still believing the sjfa were still pushing the all in solution. 

Tayside clubs can't join the EOS unless Brechin get the HL/LL boundary changed (and then it's up to the EOS whether or not they want to expand the geographical area their league covers).

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Tayport and Scone are Tayside clubs that can. Possibly also Luncarty.

"Tayside" on here basically means the area that's covered by the ERJFA north of the boundary line. Although that's indeed technically not the correct term, as the Tayside area is larger than that, Perth is Tayside as well for example, even though the entire city is south of the boundary.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

"Tayside" on here basically means the area that's covered by the ERJFA north of the boundary line. Although that's indeed technically not the correct term, as the Tayside area is larger than that, Perth is Tayside as well for example, even though the entire city is south of the boundary.

Though the Junior region pre merger was 'Tayside'.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

If they do need to go under the HL is the preference on Tayside for a standalone Tayside league at tier 6 or linking up with North Juniors?

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If they do need to go under the HL is the preference on Tayside for a standalone Tayside league at tier 6 or linking up with North Juniors?

I can't tell you what the preference is amongst the clubs, I think most are still hoping Brechin will get the boundary moved. My personal preference (assuming no boundary change) would be a joint north/Tayside super league with regional divisions below.

It's crazy that any Junior club making a decision about their future, something that will effect future generations, hasn't contacted the LL/EoS, through the channels quoted, to at least get information about their WoS proposals. Plus, also the views of at least one former Junior club that joined the EoS...

Crazy...