Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Bullies bully. The SJFA and West Region has self-propelled itself on fear and specifically fear of non-conformity. Grudges and kangaroo courts held. It's all they seem to know.

It's designed to confuse, and to hinder, the opening of the formal application process of the new WoSFL  (it won't).

They have no mandate from WRJFA clubs to do this, none at all.  They have no mandate from the SJFA to do this, this goes against their long held policy of "all-in, structure intact"".

They want the Superleague at tier 6, and for them to administer and run tier 7 and below in the west, tier 7 and below remains a Junior league.  If you're a non-Junior club then tough titties, you start st the bottom of their structure, tier 9.

17 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The statement states :        "This proposal has been ACKNOWLEDGED by the governing body" !

"Acknowledged by", NOT "Agreed by".

Seems very odd to me. 

All that means is the SFA acknowledged receipt of the proposal, which is meaningless in the big scheme of things. This is probably meant to confuse people into thinking it means the SFA support it.

20 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The statement states :        "This proposal has been ACKNOWLEDGED by the governing body" !

"Acknowledged by", NOT "Agreed by".

Seems very odd to me. 

Sent by registered mail, obvs.

This is what I thought they would try. Technically the void in the west exists until the wosfl is officially recognised.
The sjfa must still believe they can win the race to fill it with sfa support.
All out war between LL and Junior blazers now.

17 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Were the Management Committee of the West Region not tasked with getting West Clubs into the Pyramid? 

Discussions broke down and this is another solution? Unsure why another meeting would be required. 

I am sure I am about to be told though 😁

How is it proposed that the West Juniors'  Senior League should deal with promotions and relegations between it and the Lowland League?

14 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Were the Management Committee of the West Region not tasked with getting West Clubs into the Pyramid? 

Discussions broke down and this is another solution? Unsure why another meeting would be required. 

I am sure I am about to be told though 😁

Well the West Region held a meeting and asked clubs to back option Z (the LL splitting), I think only one club voted against.

That failed.

So now they are proposing another approach - one with veiled threats of legal action - without the authorisation from member clubs (have those member clubs even seen the new proposal that they submitted to the LL? no), plus they seem to be going against the SJFA mandate of "all-in".

They are making it up as they go along, they also appear to be in breach of their own processes.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Well the West Region held a meeting and asked clubs to back option Z (the LL splitting), I think only one club voted against.

That failed.

So now they are proposing another approach - one with veiled threats of legal action - without the authorisation from member clubs (have those member clubs even seen the new proposal that they submitted to the LL? no), plus they seem to be going against the SJFA mandate of "all-in".

They are making it up as they go along, they also appear to be in breach of their own processes.

Largs Thistle didn't vote against Option Z they voted for Option W.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is what I thought they would try. Technically the void in the west exists until the wosfl is officially recognised.
The sjfa must still believe they can win the race to fill it with sfa support.
All out war between LL and Junior blazers now.

No war from the LL side, they have the full support of the SPFL and the SoS are also now involved. There is no PWG, there is no contact with the Juniors.  They carry on and initiate a WoSFL for next season.

We can however sit back and enjoy the Junior blazers making complete roaring tits of themselves.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

Largs Thistle didn't vote against Option Z they voted for Option W.

Ah, so only one club backed the proposal which forms the basis of this latest scheme.  Even more reason that they need to consult with members.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All that means is the SFA acknowledged receipt of the proposal, which is meaningless in the big scheme of things. This is probably meant to confuse people into thinking it means the SFA support it.

It probably means that they actually believe that all they have to do is to instruct the SFA and their wishes will be done. A bit like Alibaba only the three wishes have been used up!

The one year's notice thing is a rule related to moving from one SJFA region to another so is a complete red herring when it comes to club's resigning their membership. It was first brought up as an issue as far back as when Kelty left and didn't make any difference then so to see it still being trundled out now is more pathetic than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ah, so only one club backed the proposal which forms the basis of this latest scheme.  Even more reason that they need to consult with members.

With the latest developments I wonder how much confusion and misinformation is going to be sown at the impending club meetings such as Largs?

Is this the grand plan formatted by TJ?

10 minutes ago, the rambler said:

I presume it would covered as part of the application. The mandate is to join and be an integral part of the Pyramid and not a standalone organisation. 

The mandate is for all Junior regions to join intact.   Have the WRJFA gone rogue?