Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It’s a fair point but clubs know what they can and cannot achieve moving to the pyramid.

Trying to look for the posts on the topic is becoming harder and harder.

Not if you consider it part of the topic. You're talking about 5 clubs that 2 years ago were still playing Junior football. Within the space of about 20 months have been able to gain a licence even after floodlights became a requirement. Then there have been 9 that were able to do it in a single year (Kelty, Blackburn, Bonnyrigg, Broxburn, Dundonald, Easthouses, Hill of Beath,  Jeanfield, and Penicuik).

Not if you consider it part of the topic. You're talking about 5 clubs that 2 years ago were still playing Junior football. Within the space of about 20 months have been able to gain a licence even after floodlights became a requirement. Then there have been 9 that were able to do it in a single year (Kelty, Blackburn, Bonnyrigg, Broxburn, Dundonald, Easthouses, Hill of Beath,  Jeanfield, and Penicuik).

But its well documented that clubs know only way they can get licensed is to join the pyramid. It’s no surprise that clubs that moved across went and got licensed.

Just now, Arthurlie1981 said:

But its well documented that clubs know only way they can get licensed is to join the pyramid. It’s no surprise that clubs that moved across went and got licensed.

Having listened to the Voice of the Juniors podcast and seen plenty of tweets from people still in the Junior game, i'm sure there were plenty of people surprised these clubs got licenced.

Aye cause simply joining the pyramid was all it took. There was no other part of the journey......[emoji85]

Aye cause simply joining the pyramid was all it took. There was no other part of the journey......[emoji85]

I didn’t say that, I know what it involves and I am not trying to take anything away from the clubs that went and got licensed. I was expressing my opinion on this topic about the future of junior football and posts on it. Anyway I have expressed my opinion and tried to describe why I have that view.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

It's a very good piece. One typo you might want to fix - you call Gordon Ronney 'Ronnie' at one stage.

I noticed that too, but thought he might have been referring to someone else, not being au fait with too many high heid yins in the non league sphere.

People would be surprised at just how much misinformation is swilling around the Junior game about the Pyramid and Licencing.

I heard of one recent instance where a committee member had copied the infamous Gordon Parks article and passed it around the meeting as evidence of why they should remain Junior......

29 minutes ago, Jeek said:

With all these new licenses, the real winners are the toilet block manufacturers. They must be rolling in it, well played lads.

They must have forgotten to connect the pans, then...

Just now, gaz5 said:
2 minutes ago, Marten said:
I was quite impressed when I went at the end of last season. emoji4.png 

Even more has changed since then, with more planned as well.

Maybe I'll have to go again to see what's changed then.... ;)

I didn’t say that, I know what it involves and I am not trying to take anything away from the clubs that went and got licensed. I was expressing my opinion on this topic about the future of junior football and posts on it. Anyway I have expressed my opinion and tried to describe why I have that view.
Apologies, I wasnt having a pop.....I know you understand the process.