Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Thought I’d share this article on the whole pyramid situation again for anyone that missed it this morning.
Over 1,000 people have had a read so far - appreciate it folks!
https://purefitbaw.com/2020/02/26/the-pyramid-conundrum/

Excellent article which tries (and succeeds) in giving balance to the whole debate.

On another point, this topic seems to keep getting hi jacked by other matters that have no impact on the discussion. Who cares what’s happening in other countries it has nothing to do with this topic. Like wise Camelon getting a licence is big news for them, and they deserve nothing but praise for that, but had nothing to do with the topic in hand.

Dunipace demonstrates what is possible within a couple of years for any club with ambitions to improve its lot.
Not going to lie, I'm still nervous until it's actually in our hands, even though no one passing the audit has ever been turned away, but at the same time delighted tonight that we've had this news.

It's taken a lot to get us here and it's been a bit of a whirlwind 2 years, but hopefully we can keep moving forward.

I think, at the very least, we've made a point to everyone who guffawed at our ambitions 2 years ago, but still a huge amount to do.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Excellent article which tries (and succeeds) in giving balance to the whole debate.

On another point, this topic seems to keep getting hi jacked by other matters that have no impact on the discussion. Who cares what’s happening in other countries it has nothing to do with this topic. Like wise Camelon getting a licence is big news for them, and they deserve nothing but praise for that, but had nothing to do with the topic in hand.

I'd say the Camelon, Dunipace, Haddington, BU news shows what these former Junior clubs can achieve, Dunipace especially considering how rustic Westfield was not so long ago.

19 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Thought I’d share this article on the whole pyramid situation again for anyone that missed it this morning.

Over 1,000 people have had a read so far - appreciate it folks!

https://purefitbaw.com/2020/02/26/the-pyramid-conundrum/

Looks good - am away to read it now.

Question: why does the top step of the pyramid refer to the Scottish Premiership and Ladbrokes Championship?

Also there are currently 12 clubs playing 38 games.

Apologies if i missed something.

I'd say the Camelon, Dunipace, Haddington, BU news shows what these former Junior clubs can achieve, Dunipace especially considering how rustic Westfield was not so long ago.
Rustic [emoji1787] how very nice of you!

I think everyone who has visited westfield recently would say it isnt so rustic anymore [emoji106]

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Looks good - am away to read it now.

Question: why does the top step of the pyramid refer to the Scottish Premiership and Ladbrokes Championship?

Also there are currently 12 clubs playing 38 games.

Apologies if i missed something.

It’s an old graphic that the guys used to illustrate the starting point before the whole saga began. I know it’s getting corrected as it refers to the Lowland as sponsored by P&J...

It's an amazing amount of work put in by these clubs to get their licence, o very well done to everyone concerned. We've had our own floodlighting to sort out at Beechwood, and are hopeful everything will be ready in the not too distant future. The fundraising was amazing, especially from our fans, hence the appreciation of other's efforts. I simply can not wait to see our first game under floodlights when it does happen.

11 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Its everything to do with the topic in hand it shows that for a former junior side 2 weeks from going to the wall as a junior club. It shows what can be done and is a good example for others same with the pace

12 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Like wise Camelon getting a licence is big news for them, and they deserve nothing but praise for that, but had nothing to do with the topic in hand.

It very much does, it demonstrates to Junior clubs what the future could hold.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nitten have been added to the party.

Excellent......including the Star,  makes 5 newly licensed clubs today (so far)..

And well done to the EoSL for providing a very positive pyramid framework, which has encouraged and excited clubs and fans alike.

5 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I would imagine the Scottish Cup would have to change its format next season?

Maybe the 2nd place sides in the HL and LL would be pushed back to Round 1, otherwise you're going to have at least three prelim rounds.

Their was 23 licensed clubs and 4 qualifiers last yr.  So u have 23 plus say 6 with the 5 today and tranent plus amateur cup winner. Junior cup and west and east champions  and musselburgh so 33 or 34 teams in preliminary rounds. Not sure how it will be done you also have the brechin issue if they go down highland league becomes 18 again as they went into 1st round. It will likely mean an extra preliminary round 

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

It’s a fair point but clubs know what they can and cannot achieve moving to the pyramid.

Trying to look for the posts on the topic is becoming harder and harder.

Its everything to do with the topic in hand it shows that for a former junior side 2 weeks from going to the wall as a junior club. It shows what can be done and is a good example for others same with the pace

It’s all about opinions. Mine is different from yours in this regard. That’s life.

Most clubs in the top 2 divisions in the west have or will at least know what is required for club licensing. For some it will be a deciding factor but for most it will be who is going to move.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Their was 23 licensed clubs and 5 qualifiers last yr.  So u have 23 plus say 6 with the 5 today and tranent plus amateur cup winner. Junior cup and west and east champions  and musselburgh so 33 or 34 teams in preliminary rounds. Not sure how it will be done you also have the brechin issue if they go down highland league becomes 18 again as they went into 1st round. It will likely mean an extra preliminary round 

There has been some discussion on here, as to whether the current invitation to the 3 Junior Region champions, to participate in the Scottish Cup, will be withdrawn.  

However, is this merely wild speculation ?  I have no idea.