Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

My questions are:

"Why have the SJFA and in particular the WRJFA been so inept in moving the current 63 WR members and the existing league format across to the Pyramid?"

"The latest and final attempt by the SJFA/WRJFA appears to have been a complete failure and it is questioned whether this leaves the only way forward for Largs and other West Region clubs is to join the LL/EoSFL initiated WoSFL?"

"What happens if we miss the boat and remain in a rump SJFA and WRJFA?"

"What will be the consequences?"

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can't see what they said, but did see a guy in the thread say Rosyth are taking a downwards step and joining a poorer standard of football 😂

I know, playing in the East Premier League South aganist the tribute acts, Syngenta etc. is surely so much better than playing in the EOS...

Another offering from the "Pyramid side of the world" that both the Lowland League and EoSFL have taken full advantage of.

If Kilwinning Rangers or Clydebank can get into the Lowland league for 2021/22 I would suggest that there would be an early demand for a Groundhop fixture.

Rosyth at least seem to have a grasp on the situation. We are on course for the top 3 in the 2016-17 East Superleague to each gain promotion in successive seasons, a shame that it came at a cost of all the disrupted seasons but hey what can you do...

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I guess the answer is "no efforts"

It's time the SJFA changed the habit of a lifetime and were honest and open with its members.

Thats not going to happen. Its looking likely that most of the teams will move from the top league if not all. With some from other divisions. A lot of the smaller teams will want to remain juniors. Not sure some of the smaller west juniors if all went in and it was conferences would enjoy getting hammered .

The thing is big Tam could have had it all his own way had he adopted the pyramid earlier the Juniors could have been the pyramid. It might have needed a west/east super league but now a once great institution is going to die a slow painful death. As much as people might not think it would sadden me but it does

Another offering from the "Pyramid side of the world" that both the Lowland League and EoSFL have taken full advantage of.
If Kilwinning Rangers or Clydebank can get into the Lowland league for 2021/22 I would suggest that there would be an early demand for a Groundhop fixture.

Why only those clubs?

11 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Why only those clubs?

Fair point. It will obviously depend upon who are the first winners of the WoSFL (assuming they are Licensed and gain promotion to the LL).

I just quoted Kilwinning Rangers & Clydebank as they appear to be most willing to "nail their colours to the mast".

NB: Bonnyrigg Rose are included in the current hop while playing in the LL. A promoted club from the WoSFL would represent an attractive floodlit Friday night Hop fixture IMO.

Edited by Pyramidic

3 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I was told a few days ago that the plan is only 16 clubs for the WoSL in the beginning. This talk of 30/40 is confusing me.

I wonder who is sowing the "seeds of confusion" again? It sounds like the old tactic by the prime suspect!!!

7 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

I was told a few days ago that the plan is only 16 clubs for the WoSL in the beginning. This talk of 30/40 is confusing me.

I recall talk a couple of years back of the EoS only going to accept X amount of applicants.  They accepted everyone.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I recall talk a couple of years back of the EoS only going to accept X amount of applicants.  They accepted everyone.

If I remember correctly, the first figure that was stated was the EoS would only allow 3 applicants. That in order to get a 16 team division with the 12 existing members (less promoted Kelty) & relegated Hawick.

That figure was only 23 off reality...