Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

There will be 16 at Tier 6 which is the Premier Division. After that it's Tier 7 so if it's 48 teams you have 16 then say two conferences at 16 each. In theory you might be able to fit in up to 18 teams for both Tier 7 conferences so 52 could be coped with for one season, maybe?

Above 52 (seems unlikely) would be difficult. How many league games can be fitted into a season when many clubs don't have floodlights? Three conferences at 12 each would only give 22 league games - not enough without some extras created somehow - perhaps playing each other H & A twice over? 42 games.

I hope that all current Juniors wishing to switch will be accommodated - even though some may be below the criteria for newcomers to the league.  Plus Eyemouth Utd (if they plan to return this time around).

They are fitting in a 34 game season this year. Chances are the 3 clubs relegated from the EoS Premier this year will have floodlights for next year. Then some of the applicants (Kennoway so far) will have floodlights to add to those already in the Conferences.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Better pitches in West junior land:)

West Region SJFA@SjfaWest
Following discussions with SJFA, all Macron Scottish Junior Cup games have been postponed due to the extreme weather conditions we are going through at the moment. We feel it is important to let everyone know as early as possible.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
West Region SJFA@SjfaWest
Following discussions with SJFA, all Macron Scottish Junior Cup games have been postponed due to the extreme weather conditions we are going through at the moment. We feel it is important to let everyone know as early as possible.

I wonder if the  beaks realise there is a difference between normal windspeeds and gusts. The gusts are strong but the normal wines are a good 20mph less. Looks like they've seen.a forecast detailing the strongest windspeeds i.e.  the gusts

9 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I wonder if the  beaks realise there is a difference between normal windspeeds and gusts. The gusts are strong but the normal wines are a good 20mph less. Looks like they've seen.a forecast detailing the strongest windspeeds i.e.  the gusts

lot of snow and rain about too to be fair.

2 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Aye, the system works. Folk reaching 21st birthday that weren't born the national team qualified for a major final. The system works though emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

It should be regionalised from Tier 3 down, but that's another argument.

Burley scoring against Norway. Watched it in the Balcastle Hotel in Lochmaben, no longer extant.

Seems like a lifetime ago. (It is almost half a life time)

NB Apologies for being 'off topic'.

57 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think 30 is a practical and sensible maximun number of league games that you would want to play in a season.

The wet weather this winter is starting to create fixture backlogs for a number of clubs who play on grass.

If we had a cold and frosty winter, then the effect would be the same. 

Aye, 30 games is enough.

Bring an end to this 'US' style inter conference malarkey.

It is a bit farcical that we still go through the charade in weather like this of kidding on that a game's officially still on when there's absolutely no chance it will be. I'd be shocked if anything whatsoever at our level took place on grass tomorrow.

Look out a window, y'know?

4 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

the rule must have changed as there are now a fair number of games called off tonight.

Yet Royal Albert were not allowed to factor in the forecast when out game was called off at late notice,

Clear as mud!

Downfield v Lochee United just got called off as well, just like the junior cup games. I'm not sure what the rule is now tbh...