Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Dev said:

It's a mini SJFA situation so take action to sort it out - or just roll with it and don't complain. Sorry to be harsh but those who share your view need to get together now and either take action or not.

We tried mate, I was all for rolling with whatever the majority thought was best for the club but when it became apparent that it was being mismanaged, misinformed and lead into a black hole, I spoke up... big mistake! The fact I wasn’t even told about the meeting last night and the way the players/management have been treated this week has been horrific, says it all about those running the club

Edited by Spyro

A lot of chairmen seem to be fiddling while Rome burns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying Junior if that’s what’s best for the club but do the basic research and find out the options.

Speak to clubs that have left ask them why they left, how they’re finding it, what are the positives and negatives.

Speak to the other clubs in your Junior leagues ask them their thoughts on going or staying.

It’s all well and good a club like Fauldhouse being loyal to the grade but if as rumored every Fife team leaves what are you left with? What if other West Lothian teams leave?

Basic research any board should be doing so they can make an informed decision on what’s best for their club. The fact Whitburn have learned nothing from the last time speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

A lot of chairmen seem to be fiddling while Rome burns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying Junior if that’s what’s best for the club but do the basic research and find out the options.

Speak to clubs that have left ask them why they left, how they’re finding it, what are the positives and negatives.

Speak to the other clubs in your Junior leagues ask them their thoughts on going or staying.

It’s all well and good a club like Fauldhouse being loyal to the grade but if as rumored every Fife team leaves what are you left with? What if other West Lothian teams leave?

Basic research any board should be doing so they can make an informed decision on what’s best for their club. The fact Whitburn have learned nothing from the last time speaks volumes.

^^^^^

This a million times over.

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Dev,I know many of the WJFC committee,Haddow,Sinclair etc. 

I"ve had many a conversation with them regarding the pyramid and they're not interested!!

All the usual crap gets spouted,those that left are traitors tae the grade,money it takes tae achieve a licence,even though you dont need one for tier 6 and below,playing locally etc.

They wont go until they have no other option.

… but that's what I'm driving at. Get hold of the rules and the constitution and use these to full effect. That needs others of like mind so you have replacement officials and committee ready to step in - otherwise the club would fold if the existing rulers were removed.

Not easy.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

We tried mate, I was all for rolling with whatever the majority thought was best for the club but when it became apparent that it was being mismanaged, misinformed and lead into a black hole, I spoke up... big mistake! The fact I wasn’t even told about the meeting last night and the way the players/management have been treated this week has been horrific, says it all about those running the club

I've been there too. That's why I get so mad!

However, I have seen how these little cliques can be removed - if desired. You just get hold of the rules and the constitution and identify what they have done which doesn't comply and what they haven't done which they should have done.

You must have a team of like-minded people in place to step into the shoes though - otherwise the club folds. Throw the rules back at them. A club I was involved with/supported brought in a mate who was a local solicitor and that individual gave some direction which helped a lot.

The other angle, of course, is to put together all of the non-compliances and shove them at the SFA - but they must be sent via a solicitor as that's possibly the only thing which may make the SFA sit up and take action.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Could WL clubs be delaying because they want to come in at the lowest possible level in a regionalised division of the EoS at a later date? Or am I overthinking and giving them too much strategic credit?

Or are the WLJuniors waiting to see how the (so called) rump of the WRJFA reorganises its league structure, after the ambitious clubs leave to join the proposed WoSL ?

If they intend to remain in the SJFA, their choices will be  either to stay East  (mostly a north Tayside league in future), or transfer into the WRJFA  ? 

8 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

With EoS announcing they're going heirarchal (P-1-2-?) from 2021-22 rather than next season (one more sesson of conferences), this guarantees  that WHEN (not if) Fauldhouse join the pyramid, they will be at least 2 promotions off the EoS top flight, rather than 1 had they joined for 20-21. Do these decision-makers life by the light of a parafin lamp?

A single small candle.

Heard a couple of stories from behind the scenes at Fauldhouse.... Combining them with staying Junior could be the death of the club.

Refusing to join the EoSFL next season to remain junior would be a pretty astonishing act of self-harm for any current ESJFL member south of the Tay.

It's a bit like choosing to stay on the Titanic because you don't like the colour of the lifeboats.

2 minutes ago, crfc said:

It was good to hear Henry mcleish slating the sfa are the dinosaurs at hampden haven't took any of his recommendations on board from 10 years ago dinosaurs indeed ..

To keep your comments relevant to this thread, what did he have to say about the Pyramid?

16 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Refusing to join the EoSFL next season to remain junior would be a pretty astonishing act of self-harm for any current ESJFL member south of the Tay.

It's a bit like choosing to stay on the Titanic because you don't like the colour of the lifeboats.

Or, "we're ok over here, only your side of the boat is sinking!"

On 22/04/2018 at 21:50, sniffer said:

I don’t think there is anything strange at all with the Carnoustie statement, the only strange thing is burnieman constantly on this forum talking shite, always belittling and degrading the junior game.
On a good note tho Blackburn and burnieman won’t be on here next season thank f**k, he’ll be saying sh*te on the EOS league forum and now they’ll be 3 people on that oneemoji12.png

Took a wee while but welcome aboard Thornton Hibs, then again, maybe we won't vote for you until you get a fence  😆

7 minutes ago, crfc said:
22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
To keep your comments relevant to this thread, what did he have to say about the Pyramid?

It shows everything about the pyramid as many clubs just want away from the cavemen that run the game here in scotland .

But McLeish is criticising the SFA.

8 hours ago, Marten said:

He said applying to the WRJFA, not the WoSFL. I can see only a handful of ERJFA south clubs remaining, so it would make sense to merge the rump ERJFA south with the rump WRJFA after this season.

WERJFA or EWRJFA..?

Or CBJFA ?

Maybe they'll go for NAPFU JFA...

'Nae Pyramid Fur Us.....'

Sounds better than 'The Tom Johnston Appreciation Society.'

Edited by Doonhamer1969