Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

With EoS announcing they're going heirarchal (P-1-2-?) from 2021-22 rather than next season (one more sesson of conferences), this guarantees  that WHEN (not if) Fauldhouse join the pyramid, they will be at least 2 promotions off the EoS top flight, rather than 1 had they joined for 20-21. Do these decision-makers life by the light of a parafin lamp?

Any chance of Fauldhouse, Whitburn and the other West Lothian clubs applying to the WRSJFA if they want to stay junior? 

I suspect their hatred of the "traitors" is affecting their rational thought processes. 

15 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

So Peasey would be Highlands and Maryhill Lowlands ??

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Petershill are well south of the Forth & Clyde canal. 

9 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

lol so they are - i should know as well it runs about 500 yards from my house - was thinking about the spur that goes to Speirs Wharf :(

Nothing's ever easy with the pyramid is it? :(

8 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Any chance of Fauldhouse, Whitburn and the other West Lothian clubs applying to the WRSJFA if they want to stay junior? 

I suspect their hatred of the "traitors" is affecting their rational thought processes. 

"geographical integrity" which hopefully is code for GTF and get to the back of the queue in the East.

Any chance of Fauldhouse, Whitburn and the other West Lothian clubs applying to the WRSJFA if they want to stay junior?  I suspect their hatred of the "traitors" is affecting their rational thought processes. 

As I have always said, West Lothian is little different to deepest, darkest Ayrshire when it comes to "Joonyur men". Devotion to the grade is almost Masonic/LOL

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

It's hardly "forcing". The WR clubs voted to join the pyramid as one; if they get the chance to do that then, by any objective standard, it's better that they come over in one go than that we continue to have neighbouring clubs of similar sizes never playing each other. Obviously every club has the right to join whatever league they want, but if it came to it and the WR joined the pyramid as a unit I don't think any clubs would quit and do their own thing.

The one factor that's different now from before is that it's surely clear to literally everyone that a WoSL is coming, next season, one way or another. There are enough clubs to make it happen, the LL are involved and it's going to happen. The WR leadership must know delaying is no longer possible. They might finally accept that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

It's different under this scenario, though.

Had the SJFA been able to bring the entire West Region over as one they would still have been under the banner and jurisdiction of the SJFA, and effectively would still have been junior clubs in the eyes of most of the reluctant acceptors. However, under the scenario suggested yesterday by Pyramidic, these clubs would be brought into the pyramid outside the jurisdiction of the SJFA, and their only connection to the junior world would be taking part in the Scottish Junior Cup for a round or three every year. They would effectively be senior clubs.

That's where the WoSFL proposal is simple. There is no ambiguity, no "who do we belong to, are we junior or senior" about it. And each club can choose their own destiny.

If Fauldhouse remain static this year, I fear they too will live to regret that. 

I messaged @jc1 last night to wish him all the best and I said basically this. I can see staying in the East Juniors for even just another year leaving Fauldhouse etc in a bad way, or potentially even killing the club off.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

"geographical integrity" which hopefully is code for GTF and get to the back of the queue in the East.

He said applying to the WRJFA, not the WoSFL. I can see only a handful of ERJFA south clubs remaining, so it would make sense to merge the rump ERJFA south with the rump WRJFA after this season.

Edited by Marten

16 minutes ago, Marten said:

He said applying to the WRJFA, not the WoSFL. I can see only a handful of ERJFA south clubs remaining, so it would make sense to merge the rump ERJFA south with the rump WRJFA after this seasons.

Wonder if ye'll see West Region teams bleating about games away to Tayport on a Tuesday night...

All the bleating and greeting on here will not change the fact that the Fauldhouse,Whitburn and Armadale"s etc of West Lothian will not move until they have no other choice,even after the EoS clubs have opened the door to tier 7 with their decision last nite to keep the conference's for one more season before going to a league structure below the EoS Premier division.

They are dyed in the wool junior men,who care nowt for the pyramid and have a distinct lack of knowledge of its workings!!

I,along with many other Whitburn men,will not be back at Central park until they are in the pyramid.

So tragic to see the demise of the once great WJFC.

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

If this is the case, that is absolutely crazy. You only need to look close at home to Blackburn to see how good moving to the EoS set up has been for them and most, if not all the rest of us. 

If Fauldhouse remain static this year, I fear they too will live to regret that. 

Senseless eh.

Like West Berlin before the wall fell: an isolated island of hope and prosperity.  With their luscious 3G pitch, fulsome player pathway and Susan Boyle. 

What's no tae love?  The mind boggles.

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

He said applying to the WRJFA, not the WoSFL. I can see only a handful of ERJFA south clubs remaining, so it would make sense to merge the rump ERJFA south with the rump WRJFA after this season.

Following Fauldhouse's stance, I would guess that you are correct and they may join the "rump" West Juniors League for next season (rather than remain in the ERJFA, and play in the North of Tayside league). 

Is it likely (therefore) that some/all of the remaining West Lothian junior club's will follow their 'lead'  in order to remain in the SJFA for next season, and beyond ? 

16 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Senseless eh.

Like West Berlin before the wall fell: an isolated island of hope and prosperity.  With their luscious 3G pitch, fulsome player pathway and Susan Boyle. 

What's no tae love?  The mind boggles.

Send food parcels.

Lewis Capaldi went to school in Blackburn as well. We have many talents despite our isolation..............

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Defo French.

Don't think he ever lived in Blackburn, but defo went to school there. 

I heard Gerry Cinnamon went to school in Fauldhouse and wrote a song the fitba committee. 

It should be a canter eh? 

"The hardest part of the game isny even playing the game... it's a wee cryin shame"

The only reason I can see clubs like Fauldhouse, Bathgate et al staying Junior is so that come the end of this/next season they can  be East Junior champions. That seems more important than the actual future of the club.

Short term gain taken despite the long term pain it will undoubtedly cause them.