Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

East of Scotland Football League@EastScotlandFA Future league structure By a narrow margin our member clubs have voted for a third season of Conferences below the Premier Division next season, with a fully hierarchical structure to take effect for season 2021-2022.   That's quite an important decision for those ERJFA clubs applying to join the EOSFL, as they will be able to join at Tier 7 rather than tier 8.
This is a big deal.

A proper come and join us call for the East Region. I'm a bit surprised but voting for the right thing over self preservation again has to be applauded.

Can't see anything other than a unified East after this.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We can only speculate about what this means....

It means the committee are feart and are staying ERJFA, where they’ll spend a year in a south league with just the Tribute Acts, Syngenta and Whitburn for company before ending up in EOS Tier 8 in 2021 with a manager who isn’t half as good as JC.

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

I don't see this as a compromise. I see this as forcing junior teams who don't want to join the pyramid and go senior to do it anyway.

It's not necessary in my opinion. The proposal on the table allows every team to make their own choice.

This is just more muddying of the waters and delaying tactics, in my opinion.

It's hardly "forcing". The WR clubs voted to join the pyramid as one; if they get the chance to do that then, by any objective standard, it's better that they come over in one go than that we continue to have neighbouring clubs of similar sizes never playing each other. Obviously every club has the right to join whatever league they want, but if it came to it and the WR joined the pyramid as a unit I don't think any clubs would quit and do their own thing.

The one factor that's different now from before is that it's surely clear to literally everyone that a WoSL is coming, next season, one way or another. There are enough clubs to make it happen, the LL are involved and it's going to happen. The WR leadership must know delaying is no longer possible. They might finally accept that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

2 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

It means the committee are feart and are staying ERJFA, where they’ll spend a year in a south league with just the Tribute Acts, Syngenta and Whitburn for company before ending up in EOS Tier 8 in 2021 with a manager who isn’t half as good as JC.

The committee didn’t even get to discuss whether to join the pyramid or stay junior, that wasn’t on the agenda at Monday’s meeting... it was only briefly talked about.

This decisions has been made by the same 2-3 men who are running that club into the ground. So much potential, an amazing management/playing squad and half a committee who were willing to push the club forward but in the end totally consumed by village politics and a fear of change... I hope they are proud of themselves 💔😓

Edited by Spyro

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

The committee didn’t even get to discuss whether to join the pyramid or stay junior, that wasn’t on the agenda at Monday’s meeting... it was only briefly talked about.

This decisions has been made by the same 2-3 men who are running that club into the ground. So much potential, an amazing management/playing squad and half a committee who were willing to push the club forward but in the end totally consumed by village politics and a fear of change... I hope they are proud of themselves 💔😓

If this is the case, that is absolutely crazy. You only need to look close at home to Blackburn to see how good moving to the EoS set up has been for them and most, if not all the rest of us. Remember when Whitburn decided against moving to the East Region Super League in its infancy. They have never recovered from that.

If Fauldhouse remain static this year, I fear they too will live to regret that. 

With EoS announcing they're going heirarchal (P-1-2-?) from 2021-22 rather than next season (one more sesson of conferences), this guarantees  that WHEN (not if) Fauldhouse join the pyramid, they will be at least 2 promotions off the EoS top flight, rather than 1 had they joined for 20-21. Do these decision-makers life by the light of a parafin lamp?

Edited by cmontheloknow

Probably tier 9 by then