Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can't believe TAJ has just given up though.

The SFA have told them they're on their own, and there is no longer a PWG. The LL are pushing on with a WoSFL.

Not sure how they can "facilitate entry" into the pyramid, the ERJFA are losing clubs as they know the game is up.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SFA have told them they're on their own, and there is no longer a PWG. The LL are pushing on with a WoSFL.

Not sure how they can "facilitate entry" into the pyramid, the ERJFA are losing clubs as they know the game is up.

Not disagreeing with that, but I think Lok are probably in the same boat as Talbot and Glens - not wanting to rock it too much while still at sea. Get closer to shore and...

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can you actually see any west premier team leaving? I know for a fact just about every club has been in about it like a dug eating beetroot.

Any West Premier team leaving? Unless they come up with a believable solution fast I can't see any West Premier team staying. Every statement has indicated the club are considering leaving if others go. Not one has said they are staying put regardless.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not disagreeing with that, but I think Lok are probably in the same boat as Talbot and Glens - not wanting to rock it too much while still at sea. Get closer to shore and...

Very much so, a nothing statement really.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can you actually see any west premier team leaving? I know for a fact just about every club has been in about it like a dug eating beetroot.

I haven’t been to a game yet in 2020 so not sure what the feeling is. Hopefully Lok a bit less blinkered than some clubs but we shall see. Might try and get along to Neilston on Saturday given Brig O Lea is actually the closest football ground to my house.

1 minute ago, ShrimpLok said:

I haven’t been to a game yet in 2020 so not sure what the feeling is. Hopefully Lok a bit less blinkered than some clubs but we shall see. Might try and get along to Neilston on Saturday given Brig O Lea is actually the closest football ground to my house.

It will be a repeat of the East - once the dominos fall, the only clubs left will be district level ones not sure what to do.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

I disagree. Carefully worded and guarded but the subtext is clear. We're too 'establishment' to give a wee V to TAJ.

Personally for me it's better to say nothing at all, and once the formal application process begins then at that point make the statement that you are applying.

To be fair to Pollok, almost all statements so far are off the same basic template "we'll wait and see"

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

It will be a repeat of the East - once the dominos fall, the only clubs left will be district level ones not sure what to do.

That's my take on it, it will closely mirror the east with around half moving initially.

Personally for me it's better to say nothing at all, and once the formal application process begins then at that point make the statement that you are applying.

To be fair to Pollok, almost all statements so far are off the same basic template "we'll wait and see"

I don't think they're waiting and seeing and I know they cannot just apply without the backing of the membership. The committee do not have that autonomy. I don't know how other clubs work but our committee are technically elected by the membership at the AGM and you're automatically up for re-election every few years or so. If the committee did it off their own back, there'd be hell to pay. Hence statement first to set out the lie of the land.

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Get the impression Lok are taking the Bo’ness route. Waiting for others to take the lead but ultimately will take the plunge.

18 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

"The Club understand that the SJFA are still trying to facilitate the entry of the Juniors to the pyramid and any developments on this front will be monitored. "

No they're not.

1 of the "big" teams in the West needs to be brave and just say, "if the SJFA doesn't get an all in, we will be moving to WoSL".

Once 1 of them say it, the rest will follow.

I get the feeling it's what they are all thinking, they just don't want to say it in case the WoSL league doesn't go to plan.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

It must be slightly worrying for the SJFA when the best supported club in the grade have come out and said give us what we voted for or we may be offski.

The only statement so far that has been fully supportive of the SJFA has been from St Anthony's. Even Talbot's emphasised getting ready for licensing, which hinted at going in a different direction if the SJFA are unable to find a solution as is inevitable at this point.

You've got to keep in mind most of these statements aren't for people on PnB or even the media at large. They're for the specific clubs fans. You can imagine just about every committee has been asked by several people what all this pyramid stuff is about, and wondering what's happening.

They're just trying to keep their fans informed as best they can.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Get the impression Lok are taking the Bo’ness route. Waiting for others to take the lead but ultimately will take the plunge.

The Bo'ness route was more convoluted than that and involved a last minute U-turn after the membership initially opted to stay. If the deadline is rigid on March 31st this time these meetings are going to have to be handled carefully.