Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Seven? I'm getting old - I thought there was only four.

Stirling, Inverness and Perth all got it - can't recall / be bothered to check but millennium and Liz's golden jubilee the occasions.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
15 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Well it ain't no city. Only seven of them in  Scotland and not one in the SPFL (by club name).

Last time I checked, Edinburgh was a city...

/o\ 😂 okay Brechin and Elgin aren't. I shall forget Edinburgh City exist for the timebeing.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Them and Luncarty, as discussed, are in unusual situations and I have no problem whatever way they choose to go (although Harthill could be eaten alive in the west).  However West Lothian should remain entirely EoS territory, and I believe it will.

Harthill Royal are in West Lothian. I believe your views on the territorial integrity of the People's Democratic Republic of West Lothian are well established. 

Harthill - 20m from the border. They can go.

Luncarty - 450m from the border. They can go.

Fauldhouse - 2km from the border. Aneurism.

😉

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Harthill Royal are in West Lothian. I believe your views on the territorial integrity of the People's Democratic Republic of West Lothian are well established. 

Harthill - 20m from the border. They can go.

Luncarty - 450m from the border. They can go.

Fauldhouse - 2km from the border. Aneurism.

😉

Given you closely follow my posts, you'll understand why Harthill and Luncarty are exceptional cases, and Fauldhouse defintely are not!

Edited by Burnie_man

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I did work out some time ago (it's on this thread somewhere) a set-up involving a 16 team Premier, two 16 team First Divisions North and South, and two 16 team Second Divisions North and South.  From memory it involved Tayside and Fife being classed as "North", and the rest as "South" or something like that.

It clearly can work, but whether it should get to that stage is questionable.  The line moving would be political rather than practical.

Can't find it, but drawn it up again to illustrate how if could be achieved if it ever came to it. Roughly based on current standings

image.thumb.png.ff2361d3d0bbc0f1a839e8313ddcd6d9.png

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Given you closely follow my posts, you'll understand why Harthill and Luncarty are exceptional cases, and Fauldhouse defintely are not!

Fauldhouse should build a new ground at East Badallan Farm. Closer to the railway station than Park View is (less than half a mile), about the same distance to either from the Miners Welfare. 

Postal address of: East Badallan Farm, Fauldhouse, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH47 9AG. 

You can walk there from the Hoose entirely on roads maintained by West Lothian Council. 

And yet the ground would be WOS eligible as the farm is in North Lanarkshire despite the address!

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Can't find it, but drawn it up again to illustrate how if could be achieved if it ever came to it. Roughly based on current standings

image.thumb.png.ff2361d3d0bbc0f1a839e8313ddcd6d9.png

Looks good but as you’ve got Stirling clubs in North region wouldn’t you have Clackmannanshire teams there too (Sauchie CFC). And wouldn’t Rosyth want to be with the other Fife clubs?

I won’t mention where Blackburn might be if the current standings were less rough... 😉

2 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Fauldhouse should build a new ground at East Badallan Farm. Closer to the railway station than Park View is (less than half a mile), about the same distance to either from the Miners Welfare. 

Postal address of: East Badallan Farm, Fauldhouse, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH47 9AG. 

You can walk there from the Hoose entirely on roads maintained by West Lothian Council. 

And yet the ground would be WOS eligible as the farm is in North Lanarkshire despite the address!

Let me know when they've done that, and I'll add them to the exceptional case list!

4 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Looks good but as you’ve got Stirling clubs in North region wouldn’t you have Clackmannanshire teams there too (Sauchie CFC). And wouldn’t Rosyth want to be with the other Fife clubs?

I won’t mention where Blackburn might be if the current standings were less rough... 😉

Aye there could be a bit of fiddling to do, it was a 10 minute job (Rosyth should be in the North) but since Blackburn are in the Premier they are alphabetically top!

Edited by Burnie_man

https://pollokfc.com/2020/02/19/club-statement-2/

The Lok statement has landed.

An excerpt being:

Pollok Football Club wishes to compete at the highest level possible. In order to achieve this, we will continue to consult with our players and management, peers and membership bodies over the coming weeks to arrive at the best outcome for our club. We will also present options to members and supporters should this become necessary. 

Edited by cmontheloknow

https://pollokfc.com/2020/02/19/club-statement-2/
The Lok statement has landed.

Pollok Football Club wishes to compete at the highest level possible. In order to achieve this, we will continue to consult with our players and management, peers and membership bodies over the coming weeks to arrive at the best outcome for our club. We will also present options to members and supporters should this become necessary. 

Im glad to see the best supported team in the west on board, think lok will bring a lot to a wosl. Obviously I hope we gub you every time we play you but have a lot of respect for the club. Longer term if you were competing would you really see floodlights as being as difficult to get in as some have suggested? Surely the neighbours would be alright with match day use only for the first team etc?

Just now, Burnie_man said:

"The Club understand that the SJFA are still trying to facilitate the entry of the Juniors to the pyramid and any developments on this front will be monitored. "

No they're not.

To be fair Pollok has also acknowledged that is might not be possible.

"Our position has been that a seamless transition of all WRJFA clubs to the Pyramid would be in the best interests of all parties but it is apparent that this may no longer be an option."