Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Ive said this previously but I've heard again that Rangers colts are currently 'monitoring' the situation. 

Well they’ve got nothing else to do after Sunday [emoji12]. Interesting, I’m against the Colts being in the league but there is precedent at tier 6. Can’t see them joining unless they’re allowed to move up to at least tier 4, which would require changes to the rules.

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

As a historical sidenote Thornton going senior will mean for 1st time since 1923 there will be two senior clubs with Hibernian in their name. 1923 was when Dundee Hibernian changed name to Dundee United.

Not quite true, as it is "Thornton Hibs"  not  "Thornton Hibernian"

10 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Really surprised Rosyth didn't move already given they are closely surrounded by EOS teams. What's the situation with their ground and Aldi? Must be a few junior teams hesitating on any move over concerns their grounds might not be up to scratch.

Any junior team who hesitates ONLY because they think they stadium/facilities are not up to scratch are idiots, truly idiots. No SCRATCH that, I take idiots back. they are either blinkered, ignorant or misguided.
Any team that leaves junior football now, in the west for example will go into a new expected WOS in tier 6 and their stadium is fine, only if they win the league will it effect them and they wont get into tier 5. Any East region team that joins the EOS will go not the bottom of the EOS league and again through the years if they get promoted they wont be allowed to progress to teir5.

SO I think we are all in agreement that teams will be leaving the West region and the East region making both those junior associations weaker in standard so it sup for the ones who are left behind to either stay or leave the following year if the standard is that bad.  Sorry not been following the north section as much as I've been more focused on the West, just wanting it to start which I feel is the most important thing and will make all junior teams around the country take notice.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

30 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d be surprised if we don’t see every Fife team move this summer. The only one I can see staying Junior is Tayport as they’ve a rivalry with the Tayside teams. Though if their board looks at it logically if the ERJFA south of Tay boundary disintegrates and half the WRJFA leave how long will it be before the Tayside teams are part of the pyramid and then they’d still be the wrong side of the boundary.

If I was a betting man, almost all Fife teams will be in the EoS next season.

As for the HL/LL boundary line, I believe Brechin are still pursuing it's move northwards and the SPFL are supportive.  The question of course then is, can the rule be changed after the season has already started?

Any junior team who hesitates ONLY because they think they stadium/facilities are not up to scratch are idiots...

While I wouldn't call any other club's administrators 'idiots', this point cannot be emphasised or repeated enough, because it's still not getting through to some of them.

Membership of the pyramid at tier 6 and getting a club licence are completely separate issues, and you don't need the latter to do the former.

If clubs choose not to join the pyramid league for other reasons then that's fair enough, but if they say it's because of the cost then they are seriously misinformed.

If I was a betting man, almost all Fife teams will be in the EoS next season. As for the HL/LL boundary line, I believe Brechin are still pursuing it's move northwards and the SPFL are supportive.  The question of course then is, can the rule be changed after the season has already started?

Interesting, personally I think it’s in roughly the right place as moving it north just creates an even bigger imbalance. Yea changing it mid season may be an issue and Brechin look certain for the playoff. I honestly wouldn’t bet on them winning a play off against BSC / Kelty / Bonnyrigg / Brora and the lowland league is going to get stronger every season the SPFL team could find they lose the playoff a lot more.

Nothing against Brechin but them being relegated might finally settle whether the boundary is ever going to change.

7 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

I might have missed this, what happens if all the junior teams jump to the EOS, where does that leave Bo'ness Juniors, Linlithgow and Sauchie juniors.

From what I understand, Linlithgow Rose CFC and Linlithgow Rose are completely separate, the problem the former have is that their sports centre ground won't be upto EoS standards (it doesn't even meet SJFA standards).

Sauchie and Bo'ness I'm not entirely sure, both senior teams have "loaned" players to the Junior teams this season, and both share a ground.  I guess they would need to demonstrate they are entirely separate unconnected entities, although if Bo'ness move upto LL then the Juniors should be fine in joining the EoS bottom level.

From what I understand, Linlithgow Rose CFC and Linlithgow Rose are completely separate, the problem the former have is that their sports centre ground won't be upto EoS standards (it doesn't even meet SJFA standards).
Sauchie and Bo'ness I'm not entirely sure, both senior teams have "loaned" players to the Junior teams this season, and both share a ground.  I guess they would need to demonstrate they are entirely separate unconnected entities, although if Bo'ness move upto LL then the Juniors should be fine in joining the EoS bottom level.

What is the rule with “Colt teams” in EOS, can the Senior and Colt team both be in EOS at different tiers or if say Stirling Uni get relegated will their colts be punted out the league entirely?

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What is the rule with “Colt teams” in EOS, can the Senior and Colt team both be in EOS at different tiers or if say Stirling Uni get relegated will their colts be punted out the league entirely?

I don't think they can exist in the same league system eg EoS, so presumably Sirling Uni Reserves would get punted (they already can't play in cup comps)  However these three teams would presumably claim they aren't reserve teams.

Re: point about clubs hesitating over ground requirements. Seems the EOS have spoken with Thornton about the requirements, but given the massive amount of misinformation flying about over the past two years, needs to be clarity.

As was said elsewhere, it could get to the point where the EOS has to take in everyone lest a few clubs with very basic facilities have no one left to play.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If I was a betting man, almost all Fife teams will be in the EoS next season.

As for the HL/LL boundary line, I believe Brechin are still pursuing it's move northwards and the SPFL are supportive.  The question of course then is, can the rule be changed after the season has already started?

As far as BCFC are concerned it ain't going tae happen burnie nor should it.

Any travel issues north are null and void because of the new AWPR and Brechin are in northern Angus as it is!!

They would be crazy,it will be far easier to get back up out of the HL than what it would be to get out of the LL!!

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

While I wouldn't call any other club's administrators 'idiots', this point cannot be emphasised or repeated enough, because it's still not getting through to some of them.

Membership of the pyramid at tier 6 and getting a club licence are completely separate issues, and you don't need the latter to do the former.

If clubs choose not to join the pyramid league for other reasons then that's fair enough, but if they say it's because of the cost then they are seriously misinformed.

Yeah Glensmad, the comments 'idiots' I take back as I know it is a bit strong but I stated it because its no excuse as there are tons of information out there that states you don't need any changes to stadium/facilities ONLY if you want to reach tier 5.  I will probably state as ignorantly or misguided but no way can any team use that as an excuse. I'm junior through and through, played it all my career and watched it for years and years but I believe the best thing is joining the pyramid and after listening to the Nugent podcast on the Nugent post and the chairman or Blantyre stating it will cost them, I just now don't have time for anyone as blinkered or ignorant as that, and being misinformed. How many chairmen of junior clubs think the same misguided way. If someone states how it will work, the pyramid system etc.., go and do your research to make sure what they are saying is true..  Any chairman and or committee that decides to leave or stay then good luck but to use reasons which as FACTUALLY untrue and staying or leaving because of this can harm your club.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

As far as BCFC are concerned it ain't going tae happen burnie nor should it.

Not what I'm hearing, I believe the HL have no issue with it moving either.  I don't agree with it moving, but the impression I get (and I could be wrong) is that it will boil down to whether the rule can be changed to accommodate BC, or whether it can only apply from next season.

Re: point about clubs hesitating over ground requirements. Seems the EOS have spoken with Thornton about the requirements, but given the massive amount of misinformation flying about over the past two years, needs to be clarity.
As was said elsewhere, it could get to the point where the EOS has to take in everyone lest a few clubs with very basic facilities have no one left to play.

That’s a fair point perhaps the EOS could look at lowering standards for tier 8 but then only allowing promotion if the current standards are met.

1 minute ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Hearing Harthill Royal could be going West!!

Them and Luncarty, as discussed, are in unusual situations and I have no problem whatever way they choose to go (although Harthill could be eaten alive in the west).  However West Lothian should remain entirely EoS territory, and I believe it will.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Them and Luncarty, as discussed, are in unusual situations and I have no problem whatever way they choose to go (although Harthill could be eaten alive in the west).  However West Lothian should remain entirely EoS territory, and I believe it will.

I have 2 Harthill committee men at my work,they were advised at a meeting last nite that all the Fife teams are moving to the EoS.

They are not making any commitment either way but the West of Scotland league was spoke about favourably.