Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

No it doesn't most fans won't follow their team away from home due to the cost especially a mid  week game it's the same way it is now in the juniors most fans won't go to away games because of cost and I agree once you get beyond the LL league then you are in a national league so increased travelling cost will occur. But some talbot fans do not want to move because all the glory they are getting in the juniors will no longer be there .

The glory as you point out was worked for and is deserved. We will move to the seniors and like the juniors we will be the battling on and off the field to be one of the top clubs. 

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

How exactly is that a dig?

Rest of this season, WoSFL, LL, SPFL2, SPFL1 then the Championship. Do you consider another 4 and half years minimum to be some time soon?

As for capping prices at £10 for the Championship, there's no way that would double gates.

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

Seems a logical point but the reality is very different. There are very few ‘extra’ folk to go and watch games at spfl level. There are obvious ‘bumps’ like cove, Annan and Ed city moving from non league and most teams get a bit of an increase as they move up a league, but that’s due to the step up in level each tee an has made and locals wanting to see players at the ‘next level’.

Most teams have a core of supporters and for them the cost doesn’t matter ( up to a certain level), but at spfl level there are very few folk who would look at the fixtures and be swayed by cost. No one sitting in the house being swayed to Queen’s Park game over an Albion Rovers game because it’s £6 rather than £12.

You were hardly very complimentary about East clubs or ourselves / Buffs on Talbot forum. However I do agree that a bit of calm would be useful. Talbot dont need to go anywhere. If you stay in Juniors you'll probably influence a few others. 

Talbot forum spy dear dear .. for the record I did have an opinion about Clydebank, probably more about about how some fans have been very disrespectful to the Juniors in their comments after the junior game gave them a level to play at. It’s no secret that the mass exodus of East teams leaving meant that the junior game would never be the same again as we know it.

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

One of the Auchinleck posters on here claimed they take on average upwards of 300 to every away league game yet the attendances quoted on here for the last three away league games were 400,310 and 250.

-50 stayed at home as it was too far to travel.

You should write to clubs, that's a fool proof business model and I don't think anyone will have given it any thought before.

Is it not something ridiculously cheap like £15 to watch Dortmund? Surely if prices were lower crowds would go up, all about opinions I suppose

Talbot forum spy dear dear .. for the record I did have an opinion about Clydebank, probably more about about how some fans have been very disrespectful to the Juniors in their comments after the junior game gave them a level to play at. It’s no secret that the mass exodus of East teams leaving meant that the junior game would never be the same again as we know it.

the forum encourages guests. I wont lose any sleep about you being rude but it seemed a bit disingenuous to do it on there then complain about it on here

Is it not something ridiculously cheap like £15 to watch Dortmund? Surely if prices were lower crowds would go up, all about opinions I suppose
I wouldn't be so sure on lower prices=better crowds. Albion Rovers few seasons back tried a pay what you want scheme & it wasn't overly fruitful.

It's not as cheap is that, plus the Bundesliga receives €1.2bn per season in Domestic TV rights, and the Westfalenstadion holds 82,000.

Supply and demand.

2 minutes ago, southerner said:

Don't you think that clubs have done their own research before deciding their ticket prices? Dortmund is no comparison, they probably have more TV income than the entire SPFL put together and will get much more sponsorship money, even compared to the OF.

I don't know why all this energy is being wasted on Talbot.  Let them join the pyramid or stay junior.  Let them have the Scottish Cup or the Junior Scottish. not have their cake and eat it,  The pyramid will be a success with or without them.

13 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

The Junior Cup will go on. Largs had about 2,000 at last year's final. If they got to the final of the South Challenge Cup there would likely be less than 500 travelling. How many did last year's final of the South Challenge Cup get?

The attendance at last season's final was 570. Featuring EK with an average attendance of ~160 this season.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

At the end of the day, the junior clubs voted two years ago by 99 votes to 55 to move into the pyramid. What an uninformed part time journalist thinks about it is irrelevant. The clubs overwhelmingly said they want. If the SJFA can't facilitate it, then it's no surprise that the clubs are taking matters into their own hands to get Jexit done.

I think those numbers are from the pyramid survey. The actual AGM vote took place after the exodus and was overwhelmingly in favour (any excuse to post this pyramid gif again).