Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, southerner said:

Pricing in the professional game is another issue, £20 to watch championship level football is far to excessive for the standard you are watching.

It would've cost me a ridiculous £22 to watch Notts County v Woking in the Tier 5 National League yesterday, all other reasonably priced non-League games around here being off.

Needless to say I've had a footy-free weekend.

8 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Your saying what everyone is saying you will turn up every week as long as talbot continue to win and dominate over every club but when they move up the leagues and not winning every week then you won't be a regular fan because you won't win every game.

No he's saying that he doesn't have the money to follow the club if we move up the leagues. If Talbot did have to play the mythical Elgin game, I wouldn't be able to attend because I would be working....does that label me as a glory hunter?

Edited by Blackie Gold

4 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

No he's saying that he doesn't have the money to follow the club if we move up the leagues. If Talbot did have to play the mythical Elgin game, I wouldn't be able to attend because I would be working....does that label me as a glory hunter?

If Falkirk have to play Orkney in a televised Monday night away game I would need to use annual leave to attend

5 hours ago, southerner said:

If you leave an association you don’t have the right to take it’s main competition with you... bit of arrogance with some posts already, also the flavour of this thread is that if anyone has the audacity to even suggest something maybe isn’t the best idea then they are personally insulted or clubs are “embarrassments” or worse. Bit of calm needed and respect shown to all whatever path 

You were hardly very complimentary about East clubs or ourselves / Buffs on Talbot forum. However I do agree that a bit of calm would be useful. Talbot dont need to go anywhere. If you stay in Juniors you'll probably influence a few others. 

13 minutes ago, archieb said:

It would've cost me a ridiculous £22 to watch Notts County v Woking in the Tier 5 National League yesterday, all other reasonably priced non-League games around here being off.

Needless to say I've had a footy-free weekend.

I paid £6 (am a student so was £12 normally) to watch Cove vs Edinburgh City yesterday, which is probably of the same standard as the English NL, based off Kelty vs Solihull this season.

Despite the shocking weather and being soaked through, it was good value for money.

Scottish fans need to stop moaning about Value for Money in L1 and L2.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

No it doesn't most fans won't follow their team away from home due to the cost especially a mid  week game it's the same way it is now in the juniors most fans won't go to away games because of cost and I agree once you get beyond the LL league then you are in a national league so increased travelling cost will occur. But some talbot fans do not want to move because all the glory they are getting in the juniors will no longer be there .

Has anyone worked out what the EoSFL will look like if the 20 ERJFA (South) clubs + Luncarty, Tayport & Scone + Eyemouth are incorporated for 2020/21 ?

What would it look like if we have:

Tier 6 - EoSFL Premier (16 clubs)

Tier 7 - EoSFL First (16 clubs)

Tier 8 - EoSFL Second North (16 clubs)
Tier 8 - EoSFL Second South (16 clubs)

Is it just a dream or can it become a reality given the latest developments? Something for the ERJFA to get their teeth into for their forthcoming meeting. Tuesday?

Arthurlie......[emoji85]

Please feel free to disregard all the other information in my previous post.[emoji3]

No club is holding anyone else back at this point but there are those that dont want a wosfl and will openly chastise any club that moves. These clubs who are wishing to stick by the sjfa could delay others if they choose not to move. If they all choose to do this, and it means everyone else doesn't move then it will by virtue hold others back.

A completely new wosfl, which we currently have, gives everyone the best of both worlds.

I get your point but how can they hold them back? The only people that could hold them back are the SFA if they don’t agree that it should be formed (i.e they don’t recognise it and don’t provide referees). I just think your post seemed (and maybe it just the way it read) like you were having a go at those who want to stay. They shouldn’t be ridiculed (as some are doing on here) or laughed at. They only want what’s best for their club and that should be applauded!!

I know what I want for my club but at the end of the day it’s a democracy and people have to decide for themselves what they want. I will always argue for the pyramid but if we didn’t go then I would still be a supporter!

I was meaning if the ones that want to go to a wosfl are swayed in some way TJ stay as part if the juniors and enter later with the sjfa. There is a far greater importance for clubs to have the choice to join a wosfl. Let those that want to remain junior do so, let those move who want to move. Dont jump in all as a one or try and sway others to stay or move.

I don't think a Talbot fan needs to worry about Championship pricing any time soon.

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Another Talbot dig, haters continue. More an observation as a football fan I do go to other games including Championship and feel prices should be capped at £10 and you would double your gate at Championship level, reducing to £5 the levels you go down. Also free entry to u18’s at these levels.

You should write to clubs, that's a fool proof business model and I don't think anyone will have given it any thought before.

Edited by Marshmallo