Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Wait until you have the applications and let common sense prevail. If you're going to have accountants and lawyers draw up the leagues, then you'll have geographical accuracy. But if you have objective football people divvy up the leagues, you have a better chance of that common sense kicking in.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That theory only works if SJFA had dropped their ‘all in’ mantra.  They haven’t.

I'm just wondering if they might now. They might have realised that if they don't agree to the WR going in from next season, with whatever conditions need to go around that, then the exodus is definitely going to happen. It's really their only play from here.  

I love everything about that Maryhill statement. The acknowledgment of their shared history and place in Scottish football, their recognition of their role as stewards, even the prose is precise yet evocative. Whatever way they're going is probably the right way and others should follow.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm just wondering if they might now. They might have realised that if they don't agree to the WR going in from next season, with whatever conditions need to go around that, then the exodus is definitely going to happen. It's really their only play from here.  

How can the West Region go in from next season? What prevented the East Region from going in will now also be happening in the West as there will now be a West Senor League in the same area as well.

That's nothing to do with EOS. Your team just isn't very good just now.

I know my subject better than most.

You think finishing 2nd by 4 points to Bonnyrigg in 17/18 is toiling?

We finished in the top 3 in 4 of our last five seasons in the Super League. That isn't toiling.

Being 8th in the EoS Premier is toiling!

Just now, theesel1994 said:

How can the West Region go in from next season? What prevented the East Region from going in will now also be happening in the West as there will now be a West Senor League in the same area as well.

I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking, but even now if they went back to the LL and SFA and said "fine, WR in from next season, we'll absorb new applicants in the top division, we'll accept whatever rules and we can continue to talk about the north and the east" I think it'd be agreed.

I think it's the only possible option from here that avoids a split and an exodus, which let's be honest, is less than ideal. It would be fantastic if we could get the game in the west unified inside the pyramid.

Why should any amateur teams or other random applicants (as there have been for both the LL and EoS setups) be sidelined now to facilitate a glorified Junior takeover? The expressions of interest are coming in and so a league should be set up, with absolutely no regard given for who did what under a separate league system.

I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking, but even now if they went back to the LL and SFA and said "fine, WR in from next season, we'll absorb new applicants in the top division, we'll accept whatever rules and we can continue to talk about the north and the east" I think it'd be agreed.

I don’t because the LL/EOS don’t want the SJFA involved and to be fair I think some of the West clubs now feel the same.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think it's the only possible option from here that avoids a split and an exodus, which let's be honest, is less than ideal. It would be fantastic if we could get the game in the west unified inside the pyramid.

It will be unified in a few years time - the West Region Juniors will slot in at Tier 8 below a WoSL Premier and First Division.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don’t because the LL/EOS don’t want the SJFA involved and to be fair I think some of the West clubs now feel the same.

I think some Premiership clubs will realise if they don't go now and wait a year they could end up in the bottom Division and lose out on the larger gates for at least two seasons.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Everybody's releasing club statements and we were beginning to feel a bit left out...

"The division between junior and senior football in Scotland has always been an artificial one which is rooted far back in history. Maryhill FC – it’s worth noting we’ve NEVER actually been called Maryhill Juniors – were formed in 1884 and spent our first decade or so as a senior eam.

There were no leagues back then, and as protectionism set in with the bigger sides more and more only wanting to play each other leaving the smaller teams out in the cold, the two groups coalesced into senior and junior grades. As this process happened, those in charge of Maryhill FC at the time had a decision to make, and as one of the smaller Glasgow clubs opted to join the ranks of the juniors.

And so it remained through thick and thin for more than a century with the glass ceiling firmly in effect between the league and non-league systems operating side by side with virtually no congruence between the two. Finally several years ago the pyramid system was introduced which allowed for non-league teams to progress into the Scottish league structure proper and conversely for league teams to go the other way.

For the last few seasons the pre-existing East of Scotland League has been absorbing a large proportion of the East Region junior teams, but for junior teams in the West Region there was no pre-existing league structure to join.

Until now that is, as it is now expected that a senior West of Scotland League at Tier 6 of the Scottish League system will be in place for next season. The talks to incorporate the West Region en bloc into the pyramid now appear to have reached an impasse, and after several years of assurances that a solution was imminent, we as a club share the sense of frustration felt by many others at the lack of progress thus far.

We are proud members of the SJFA – we’ve walked too many miles down the road along with them for it to be otherwise – but for the first time in a long time there is a fork in the road ahead of us.

It would be remiss of those currently in charge of Maryhill FC if we failed to have a look to see what lies down the alternative path which may soon open up and to investigate all available opportunities for our club.

We are merely the current torchbearers for the flame the late Victorians who formed the club ignited, but it appears that in common with them we may soon have a decision to make.

As always, it will be the one that we feel is in the best interests of the future of Maryhill FC."

Just wanted to bump this up a wee bit....just change the name of your respective clubs and repost.

See when we get this thing started, whoever wrote this should be put in charge immediately.

Kudos to you.

Rifts healed.

We're at Deuce in this game of tennis.
Who's going to get advantage?

We have the SJFA that have failed with previous attempts at getting the Juniors into the Pyramid. Not letting the clubs know how they propose getting a deal now.

At the other side of the net we have the LL and EoSL proposing a WoSL. No further details other than clubs have to write with expressions of interest.

The clubs need information - who will be the first to provide it as time is running out.

EDIT : The West Region is John McEnroe and the WoSL is Rafael Nadal.

Edited by theesel1994

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

We have the SJFA that have failed with previous attempts at getting the Juniors into the Pyramid. Not letting the clubs know how they propose getting a deal now.

At the other side of the net we have the LL and EoSL proposing a WoSL. No further details other than clubs have to write with expressions of interest.

The clubs need information - who will be the first to provide it as time is running out.

If they go with a Wosfl then the East will help them out.  It will be a case of using the pre existing rules/regulations that the East use and changing it to West.

The position has always been to get clubs into the pyramid.  

I think everyone wants a resolution and back to concentrating on the game.

Edited by Tynierose

Seriously? It’s 0-6, 0-6, 0-5 and love-40 on the SJFA serve (think Buster Motram for those old enough to remember) with Novak Djokovic (the LL/EoSFL) waiting to return. I suspect there’s only one winner.

21 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It's 40-0

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Seriously? It’s 0-6, 0-6, 0-5 and love-40 on the SJFA serve (think Buster Motram for those old enough to remember) with Novak Djokovic (the LL/EoSFL) waiting to return. I suspect there’s only one winner.

Buster Mortram - was he not the Nazi? I think I saw a video of him mishitting a serve and nearly taking out the guy on the other side of the net. (Or is this what you're referring to?)

43 minutes ago, virginton said:

Why should any amateur teams or other random applicants (as there have been for both the LL and EoS setups) be sidelined now to facilitate a glorified Junior takeover? The expressions of interest are coming in and so a league should be set up, with absolutely no regard given for who did what under a separate league system.

Have you been in the amateur forum? It makes this one look like a MENSA convention, they're the last thing we need at this point.

45 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Buster Mortram - was he not the Nazi? I think I saw a video of him mishitting a serve and nearly taking out the guy on the other side of the net. (Or is this what you're referring to?)

Supported National Front, fan of Enoch Powell and expelled from UKIP for trying to broker a pact with the BNP.