Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Perhaps his alternative approach is regarding the way they will hold discussions with relevant parties?
He can still deliver an ‘all in’ approach of sorts by negotiating that all WR teams joins the new WoSL and the East join the EoS en mass with those above the Tay and North being tier 6 for HL.
It won’t be administered by he and his cronies but he’d perhaps get a pat on the back and a wee bit more settlement if he does

All of that can happen without any "help" from the SJFA.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Out of curiosity has Petrie or any other SFA blazer met with the LL/EOS since the intitial WOSL announcement?

Yes, members of the LL board were in attendance at the BSC game on Sunday, and spoke with Petrie.

12 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Perhaps his alternative approach is regarding the way they will hold discussions with relevant parties?

He can still deliver an ‘all in’ approach of sorts by negotiating that all WR teams joins the new WoSL and the East join the EoS en mass with those above the Tay and North being tier 6 for HL.

It won’t be administered by he and his cronies but he’d perhaps get a pat on the back and a wee bit more settlement if he does

I'd love to see that happening, it would make the whole change orderly and for all regions. Can't see that happening though...

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is it possible that the SJFA have had their bluff called by the other parties to the PWG, have now realised that if they hold to their line they will lose many members from the West, and will give up on their demands about the east etc? They might realise that the best they can get is the WRJFA feeding into the LL from tier 6, plus including new members somewhere, and take that as the only compromise that will continue their existence? 

That theory only works if SJFA had dropped their ‘all in’ mantra.  They haven’t.

if the SJFA plan was to try and pursue an all in agenda despite low chance of it happening and If failed accept only WJFA can enter then they don’t seem to be following through on it.  

I predict the future of the SJFA to be of following.   1. Mast exodus to WoS/EoS(and possibly NJFA disassociating).  2. The remainder to play for a few seasons in their little leagues, they continue to scramble for relevance. 3. In dribs a drabs clubs continue to leave, occasionally replaced by amateurs but the trend is less clubs in SJFA. 4. As the cash pot reduces the clubs/management are forced into a scenario that they can’t continue with paid staff. Redundancies are paid out and TJ etc leave. 5. The remaining few are left very weak but finally with a committee who aren’t interested in financial benefit to themselves, they either move to join the pyramid at an low level or be like the welfare FA.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I predict the future of the SJFA to be of following.   1. Mast exodus to WoS/EoS(and possibly NJFA disassociating).  2. The remainder to play for a few seasons in their little leagues, they continue to scramble for relevance. 3. In dribs a drabs clubs continue to leave, occasionally replaced by amateurs but the trend is less clubs in SJFA. 4. As the cash pot reduces the clubs/management are forced into a scenario that they can’t continue with paid staff. Redundancies are paid out and TJ etc leave. 5. The remaining few are left very weak but finally with a committee who aren’t interested in financial benefit to themselves, they either move to join the pyramid at an low level or be like the welfare FA.

I can see a WoSL having 2 Divisions and through time the WRJFA feeding into that. So, not Tier 6 but Tier 8.

24 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Now that's lateral thinking for you! But you may have a good point.

Imagine the SJFA/TJ crowing that they made the Pyramid happen.

That statement sounds of one of panic. It sounds to me like Petrie has informed them that the SFA has no intention of stopping the creation of a new league and now there is an attempt to walk back the last year (other than the all in). Here’s the thing, there are no more PWG meetings, there is no need for the LL/EOSFL to meet with them (why would they after the statement last week) so he really there is only one way forward.

I did find it funny when somebody posted the comment from last year when the East clubs left and he said lesson will be learned! We are still waiting and the SJFA (as it’s not one person the management committee are also culpable in this) have sleep walked into a mess of their own making.

What has amazed me consistently is his continual use of rod petrie. Has he met with him? If the SFA were supportive would they have walked away?

I find the statement bizarre, I cant see how the sjfa still think they can negotiate anything from here. The eos and LL are not going to back off, they appear to have had enough.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

What has amazed me consistently is his continual use of rod petrie. Has he met with him? If the SFA were supportive would they have walked away?

I find the statement bizarre, I cant see how the sjfa still think they can negotiate anything from here. The eos and LL are not going to back off, they appear to have had enough.

The brass neck he even has to say this;

"We would like to put on record our thanks to SFA President Rod Petrie for his input as we strive to reach an amical conclusion for the benefit of Scottish Football."

He has zero interest in benefitting Scottish football, he never has. He just want to keep his own fiefdom and his cushy job and bugger anyone else.  You can pull together any number of derogatory comments made by him or his cabal since 2011/2012 towards the Pyramid, LL, it's clubs, the EoS, even the SFA.   After Robertson's disgraceful recent comments towards the EoS there wasn't so much as an apology forthcoming, and his "minutes" of the last PWG were inaccurate and disrespectful.

Brass neck doesn't even cover it. 

I hope the LL don't even bother to return his calls or emails, there's a better future pushing on with WoSFL. 

It’s a classic case of boxing themselves into a corner believing everyone would be behind them.
once the cracks appear in the support and they find out they are still in the corner the only way out is to plead.
Going to the EoS/LL to negotiate after they’ve laid out a plan is a waste of time and the only benefit is a bit of PR, “big boys did it and ran away with our clubs”
this has been on the wall for months, some clubs could see it coming, most hoped they were being represented but no news wasn’t good news, especially when your new potential partners (EoS/LL) didn’t have a clue what was going on.
The Negotiators for the SJFA haven’t done  what was asked of them, they’ve failed in their promise and not delivered the mandate in any form.
While I’m pleased clubs will be entering the pyramid it’s still a sad time for what looks like the ending days for the SJFA.
unfortunately it looks like the Buffs, Clydebank, Darvel etc will carry the burden of the breakup, we only carried out what we voted for and had been working towards for the past 2 years

Clydebank have never called for a breakup, we’ve never asked anyone to come with us.

For the sjfa not to come up with a plan even one from here so the clubs can work from it and debate it is shocking and only goes to show why clubs want a change nothing else TJ hang your head in shame your an embarrassment to scottish football and shows why the game is in the state it's in ar the top .