Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Well, how about pointing out the club (Dalkeith?) that recently got £750 from the EoSFL to go to ground improvements. That's not something the WoSFL can exactly offer. Because at this point the WoSFL doesn't have any funds or sponsors.

You know what cups you'll be playing in, you know that the Alex Jack Cup can be a gateway to the Scottish Cup for those unlicenced. You might face trips to the Borders but you might face trips to D&G/South Ayrshire. You're recruiting youth players from on the door step of a bunch of EOS clubs and the u20s league might split West/East would they be forced Westwards.

You've completely lost me.

If Fauldhouse want to go West and the new league deems it appropriate so be it.

To move back East they would need to apply, be accepted and start at the bottom.

Those who think clubs will flit between leagues season after season are well wide of the mark, after all its up to the clubs to accept them back in.

The reality of Fauldhouse and Harthill going West is likely to be an expensive season of travel to the West of the country followed by relegation from Tier 6 to Tier 7 unless there is significant investment in the squads.

It's a one season anomaly, involving teams who aren't likely to be challenging for promotion anyway.

The travel from clubs situated in the west of West Lothian will cost no more than travelling to EOS clubs. West Lothian clubs are not guaranteed to be in tier 6. There are approximately 22 clubs within 8 to 30 miles from West Lothian who are in West of Scotland region, trips to Ayrshire range from 40 to 55 miles. Regarding boundaries they should have been made when the Pyramid was set up more incompetence from the SFA.

9 minutes ago, Dev said:

Surely the pragmatic answer is to do what would have happened if the EoS and the south of Tay Bridge ERJFA divisions were to merge by mutual agreement:

ERJSA Super Division South comes in at Tier 7 and the  ERJSA Premier Division South comes in at Tier 8. The existing EoS clubs in the Tier 7 Conferences would be split in half i.e. to form Tier 7 and 8 divisions.

Scone Thistle and Tayport could opt in or out. Luncarty - who knows! New clubs?

These would run in parallel next season. The EoS would have to decide how to allocate the clubs for the following season and this would have to be decided before the start of next season - so the clubs know what they are playing for. 

You would then have the opportunity to avoid the situation of weaker clubs being hammered most weeks and all of the clubs would be in their rightful places for the start of 2021/22.

Seems reasonable.

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

Surely the pragmatic answer is to do what would have happened if the EoS and the south of Tay Bridge ERJFA divisions were to merge by mutual agreement:

ERJSA Super Division South comes in at Tier 7 and the  ERJSA Premier Division South comes in at Tier 8. The existing EoS clubs in the Tier 7 Conferences would be split in half i.e. to form Tier 7 and 8 divisions.

These would run in parallel next season. The EoS would have to decide how to allocate the clubs for the following season and this would have to be decided before the start of next season - so the clubs know what they are playing for. 

You would then have the opportunity to avoid the situation of weaker clubs being hammered most weeks and all of the clubs would be in their rightful places for the start of 2021/22.

By the sounds of it, it's going to happen naturally next season anyway.  Plenty of enquiries to the EoS.

23 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Absolute nonsense. It needs to be done right. Those clubs knocked it back now want to bend the rules to get above clubs who took the chance. Stuff them. They made their bed now they have to lie in it and not move to another bed.

Why would west clubs want them in to add to their journey time and costs?

This.

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Seems reasonable.

11 minutes ago, Dev said:

How about Fauldhouse proposing this? Get it off the ground as you could make this happen as your club has the necessary respect.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Talk up the positives of joining instead of trying to wish into existence a boundary that won't happen right now due to the SoSFL in the mix.

I refer you to my previous comments, I have a 1000 pages of talking up the Pyramid under my belt.  I think everyone gets the drift by now.

As the EOSFL are involved in the setting up of a WOSFL I’d be surprised if any West Lothian clubs are accepted (assuming there’s 16+ clubs from other areas) as the EOSFL will want them in their setup. However there’s no harm in the teams asking, the worst that happens is they’re told it’s a no go. Assuming the bigger WRJFA teams join wouldn’t the West Lothian team struggle to make tier 6 anyway? Probably got more chance of tier 6 in the East than the West in the long term.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

As the EOSFL are involved in the setting up of a WOSFL I’d be surprised if any West Lothian clubs are accepted (assuming there’s 16+ clubs from other areas) as the EOSFL will want them in their setup. However there’s no harm in the teams asking, the worst that happens is they’re told it’s a no go. Assuming the bigger WRJFA teams join wouldn’t the West Lothian team struggle to make tier 6 anyway? Probably got more chance of tier 6 in the East than the West in the long term.

Exactly 

28 minutes ago, ibenji said:

last I checked this was at page 1102 4 pages of folk being hypothetical about dividing lines which they'll have no say. Just because the boundary was at x in the juniors the boundary could be anywhere it doesn't have to be like the old ways!

Theirs nothing hypothetical about west Lothian club splitting to go west. Should be eosfl case closed

50 minutes ago, ibenji said:

last I checked this was at page 1102 4 pages of folk being hypothetical about dividing lines which they'll have no say. Just because the boundary was at x in the juniors the boundary could be anywhere it doesn't have to be like the old ways!

You will not be allowed to hold this opinion. You will be argued with until you lose the will to live.

52 minutes ago, ibenji said:

Well I'm glad you came in to freshen things up with your insights.