Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Well you keep suggesting a free for all with Heriot-Watt University, Whitehill Welfare and numerous other clubs moving between leagues. Yet the only one that's even close to a reality right now is Fauldhouse United. So who's actually going west when they should be going East or vice versa?

You understand that there needs to be something in place should it occur, that we can't have geographical leagues where the boundary isn't clearly defined?  eg HL/LL and the boundary.

1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

Aye right, the SJFA are going to allow their own Cup to be taken by a Senior league and used for a totally different competition 😄

People are certainly getting ahead of themselves, still to see any sort of confirmation that the WoS will actually happen for next season.

The SJFA may not exist and if you don't think this league will happen, I have a bridge to sell you. Goes over the Irish sea.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Seed them lower. Time to stop dithering, there's teams there that'll enhance the LL product.

To clarify, if it's a team from the SOS you could argue they seed at the same level as the West Super, above the Premier. But other ammies etc. Definitely lower.

We spent a season in the EoS to let essentially the highest seeded juniors leepfrog the whole league.

Lessons could be learnt from that and there isn't a league to merge with so it should be simple.

The way that the seeding worked in 2018-19 was 16th in LL, EoS by finish places, East Super League by finish, East Premier by finish, East South by finish, Duniapce and IHS.

They could priorities a pyramid league over Juniors.

Hearing that we’re over the 20 mark re expressions of interest. Going to need two (or even three) split divisions at this rate...

What!! There were junior clubs interested after TJ said they weren’t. I am shocked at this turn of events.

Ps tonight’s meeting will be akin to locking the stable door after the horse has bolted!!

Hearing that we’re over the 20 mark re expressions of interest. Going to need two (or even three) split divisions at this rate...

In a more serious note I have always expected the number to be north of 30. Many clubs have become sick fed up with the way things have been run and now and alternative is being put forward there will be a move towards it for a majority of clubs.

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What!! There were junior clubs interested after TJ said they weren’t. I am shocked at this turn of events.

Ps tonight’s meeting will be akin to locking the stable door after the horse has bolted!!

Punishment is to be banned from Junior Football from summer 2020.

People are certainly getting ahead of themselves, still to see any sort of confirmation that the WoS will actually happen for next season.

What more do you want to see. You have had clubs declare and interest and now will look to apply in the coming weeks. The SJFA don’t have another bullet to fire as the LL & EOS have objected to them running part of the pyramid. It’s over for them imo.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

In a more serious note I have always expected the number to be north of 30. Many clubs have become sick fed up with the way things have been run and now and alternative is being put forward there will be a move towards it for a majority of clubs.

My expectation is, similar to what happened in the EoS situation, many late declarations will be made as clubs realise their local rivals etc are also making the move and don’t want to be left behind.

I'm sure you realise that in a system that is based on geographical leagues, each area needs to be defined.  That is why we have a HL/LL dividing line so there is no arguments, no ambiguity. 
That is why a defined line between EoS and WoS is required, it's no different, otherwise when these situations do occur - and they will - there is a plan in place to deal with it. 
New dividing line starts at longridge :)

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You understand that there needs to be something in place should it occur, that we can't have geographical leagues where the boundary isn't clearly defined?  eg HL/LL and the boundary.

It's called clubs actually applying for it and the league membership accepting that application.

Where was the boundary between the North Region and East Region? Didn't matter Montrose Roselea considered their options and applied to the North Region and it was deemed acceptable.

Say the SJFA hadn't been gutted. The West Region votes to go region wide across all four divisions. Perrenial Central Second Division side close to the Lanarkshire/Lothian boundary decides to apply to the East Region still intact with the Super-Premier-North/South Division set up. As they know they would almost always be in the South Division which would be more manageable over fairly consistent trips to Ayrshire. They could have tried that if they wanted based on the Montrose Roselea example and it probably would have come down to a vote not enforcement of a boundary.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's called clubs actually applying for it and the league membership accepting that application.

Where was the boundary between the North Region and East Region? Didn't matter Montrose Roselea considered their options and applied to the North Region and it was deemed acceptable.

Say the SJFA hadn't been gutted. The West Region votes to go region wide across all four divisions. Perrenial Central Second Division side close to the Lanarkshire/Lothian boundary decides to apply to the East Region still intact with the Super-Premier-North/South Division set up. As they know they would almost always be in the South Division which would be more manageable over fairly consistent trips to Ayrshire. They could have tried that if they wanted based on the Montrose Roselea example and it probably would have come down to a vote not enforcement of a boundary.

Not sure the North Region are worth flying a flag for here - their own East / West split saw Montrose dumped in a league with Forres Thistle etc rather than the Aberdeen sides.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not sure the North Region are worth flying a flag for here - their own East / West split saw Montrose dumped in a league with Forres Thistle etc rather than the Aberdeen sides.

It's not about what happened after. Its about a club that had always been Tayside therefore East Region in the Super League being able to move to the North Region. Even though before that I imagine someone would say there was a boundary between the two.

12 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Im going for a rough 50/50 split.

2 WoS leagues, 2 leagues stay Junior.

My expectation is, similar to what happened in the EoS situation, many late declarations will be made as clubs realise their local rivals etc are also making the move and don’t want to be left behind.

Hopefully they absolutely stick firmly to their closing date so that the only clubs known to have applied are the ones who publicly say so and no late applications are accepted. If teams miss the boat then tough.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not about what happened after. Its about a club that had always been Tayside therefore East Region in the Super League being able to move to the North Region. Even though before that I imagine someone would say there was a boundary between the two.

And it is daft they are further south than Brechin Vics. I totally get why it happened but it's a quirk of Dundee being the main settlement in Angus (ex Forfarshire), with most of the Tayside Junior clubs being from the Dundee area yet it is hardly in the middle of the county and therefore the outliers are a fair way out.