Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Will post details of where the line is in Luncarty later. There is an exact line of latitude involved to four decimal places in the SPFL constitution.

got to move on now but have to say the pitch is a credit to whoever looks after it.

I'll reiterate my main point. As things stand there is nothing in the Club 42 rule about villages being cut in half. It is all about the registered ground and the exact line of latitude. If north HL, if south LL. Luncarty's ground is north but I think there are other playing fields in the village that are south.

It's interesting that some of the people who are most adamant about Fauldhouse are willing to be flexible on Luncarty. I hope common sense prevails on Luncarty and people don't get hung about boundaries elsewhere because they want to make sure  certain clubs have to start at tier 8 rather than tier 6.

Nice insinuations there again Lurker. My opinion of Fauldhouse and boundary has zero to do with what tier they should be in [emoji849]

You need to stop seeing stuff that isn't there.

31 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

At least you are being honest about what the real issue is.

Fill yer boots on how you want to manipulate the discussion and misrepresent me, the issue is about sensible application of the rules but you go ahead and believe what you want to believe, it's of no concern to me.

Edited by Black & Red Socks

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Brownlands Park according to Google: 56.4547°N

HL/LL boundary: 56.4513°N

Luncarty's reference according to Google: 56.4484°N

That is a massive difference to a club being completely on the other side of the line. Clearly they are on both sides of the line. 

This all means little until applications are made and decisions taken. Although the wording is the biggest give away, in the first statement about a new league it is stated that geographical integrity will be part of the process.

1 minute ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

If the SJFA goes tits up wil the WOSL league favour teams like Darvel Whitletts  etc ahead of the likes of Beith and Hurlford  etc because the expressed interest early?

If it goes like it did in the east, entry for teams leaving the SJFA after the first season will be at tier 7 or lower, so it's best to get in early.

If the SJFA goes tits up wil the WOSL league favour teams like Darvel Whitletts  etc ahead of the likes of Beith and Hurlford  etc because the expressed interest early?
Given how the EOS expansion went I'd put decent money on everyone who meets criteria being accepted then 20/21 being a transitional season.

4 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

If Beith and Hurlford express an interest or apply I am sure there will be a rational decision process made to allow them entry.  Given the success the EoS made with the influx of teams to the East and conferencing team I'd expect a similar outcome. 

No clubs will be treated greater than another but there will need to be certain standards and requirements met.  

You always get dividing line issues when building a pyrmaid top down, rather than bottom up.

If it had been done properly from the start you have a number of local leagues, at the bottom tier. each local league promotes into a regional league.

ie a South Ayrshire FA should govern local amatuers leagues etc, a full Ayrshire FA would govern semi pro up to a point then taken over by a West Scotland FA then into LL. Then every club from Amatuer up to Professional is firstly asscoiated with their local FA which then ties them into the associations above in hte pyramid. It dosnt necessarily have to be done on council lines.

It may be worth trying to resurrect in some way the old local FA's and use that as a deciding factor in where clubs go - ie if you want to go senior you first have to join a local FA as an associate member, until such times as you go through licensing and become a full member.

Yet Greenock and Largs trade players / coaches season after season.

That’s not a rivalry - as you claimed they’d miss out on - but rather a distinctly one-sided trading relationship given that Greenock are Central region permadiddies. There’s nothing to stop them still being a feeder club to larger teams while staying in the rump juniors.

The purpose of the pyramid is to bring all clubs together - and 'senior' is a crappy title anyway. It's just football.

No that’s not the purpose: the objective is to provide a clear path for any club that wants to progress up the pyramid to do so; whether they all play under the same umbrella body is irrelevant. You’d be as well claiming that amateur leagues should be disbanded in the event of Oban or Glasgow Uni entering the new league.

There’s a place for a rump junior league as well as amateur divisions in west-central Scotland for clubs that don’t want to participate in the pyramid food chain. So long as their league’s blazers don’t have the power to stop clubs from moving to the pyramid setup at a later date then that’s a suitable outcome for everyone.

So if the deciding factor is the location of the registered ground, how do we deal with the situation where a club temporarily ground sharing is relegated to the EoSL (e.g. BSC) and then returns to its natural home in the WoSL?

PS the Luncarty discussion is so fascinating I think the mods should create a separate thread for it [emoji846]

14 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

I doubt the SJFA will disappear completely. It's not a poor organisation and the SJFA rump after an exodus can still serve the remaining clubs that don't want to move (presumably mainly smaller clubs that are now in WRJFA L1/L2). Just like the Welfare FA still exists but are only tiny compared to what they used to be.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Who knew that fucking Bute was somehow treated as a standalone county until 1975 btw; all the more reason to give Rothesay Brandane a permanent spot in the Scottish Cup and the new West of Scotland Premier League.

I know you like to bring this up a lot because you, like me, would love to see island teams in the Scottish Cup, so I thought it was worth mentioning that Bute Rangers did compete in the Scottish Cup in the late 19th century.

At the time the early rounds were regionalised, so they played in the Renfrewshire or Renfrewshire and Ayrshire section.

I don't think any other island team has ever taken part.

1883/84

R1: Glenpatrick (Johnstone) DQ v w/o Bute Rangers
R2: Thornliebank 14-0 Bute Rangers (both sides agreed to stop after 75 minutes)

1889/90

R1: Bute Rangers 1-2 Kilbarchan

1890/91

R1: Neilston 7-3 Bute Rangers

1891/92

R1: Bute Rangers 3-4 Monkcastle (Kilwinning)

1892/93

PR1: Bute Rangers w/o v scratched Lugar Boswell
PR2: Bute Rangers 4-4 Neilston
PR2r: Neilston w/o v scratched Bute Rangers

1893/94

PR1: Bute Rangers 3-4 Neilston

1894/95

PR1: Galston w/o v scratched Bute Rangers