Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Let's say the North Caledonian League finally becomes a feeder to the HL, there would surely need to be a Grampian/Tayside-centric league opposite of it too. Is that the way Tayside teams would be introduced to the pyramid?

Yes it absolutely should be IMO. Highland League East and West at tier 6.

9 minutes ago, Griffin said:
19 minutes ago, lowenan said:
Certainly if the village /town is nearby, and on the other side of the line, they can choose which side they go to. 

Dundee? It is within 100 yards of the line

Parts of the airport and Invergowrie might even be south of it, so Burnie_man's line of argument might become problematic at that point. As things stand there is no flexibility in the Club 42 playoff rule as it all revolves around where the registered ground is with respect to an exact line of latitude. If the position is being taken that the Club 42 line is also being applied to who can get into the LL and EoS by application then Luncarty should be out of luck.

23 minutes ago, Griffin said:
33 minutes ago, lowenan said:
Certainly if the village /town is nearby, and on the other side of the line, they can choose which side they go to. 

Dundee? It is within 100 yards of the line

The line was set to explicitly put all of Dundee in the Highland League. That was its entire focus.

Nobody realised  or cared if it cut a village with a minor junior team was cut in have.

That's the difference.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Parts of the airport and Invergowrie might even be south of it, so Burnie_man's line of argument might become problematic at that point. As things stand there is no flexibility in the Club 42 playoff rule as it all revolves around where the registered ground is with respect to an exact line of latitude. If the position is being taken that the Club 42 line is also being applied to who can get into the LL and EoS by application then Luncarty should be out of luck.

Nothing of Dundee, not an inch, is south of the line, the airport isn't either. Invergowrie isn't even part of Dundee, it's Pert & Kinross.

I think in terms of any boundary (HL/LL, EOS/WOS etc) it's fair enough that if the town/village that club represents is split by the line or the ground is on the other side of the boundary as (most of) the town/village (as is the case with both Luncarty and Harthill assuming the EOS/WOS border will be the WL/Lanarkshire border), the club can choose. Otherwise you can end up with the situation that if a club gets a new ground, they need to move leagues.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

They are an unusual case, therefore they can be treated as an exception

The line cuts the village in half, and came long after they built the ground in the village.   Can you not understand why this is different from clubs who are 1, 5 or 10 miles from the line?

Either way, as you say, it's not upto us to decide thankfully, it's the leagues involved.

I,m sitting at luncartys ground right now. if this line cuts the village in half then brownlands park is south of it and the river tay.

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

Nothing of Dundee, not an inch, is south of the line, the airport isn't either. Invergowrie isn't even part of Dundee, it's Pert & Kinross.

I think in terms of any boundary (HL/LL, EOS/WOS etc) it's fair enough that if the town/village that club represents is split by the line or the ground is on the other side of the boundary as (most of) the town/village (as is the case with both Luncarty and Harthill assuming the EOS/WOS border will be the WL/Lanarkshire border), the club can choose. Otherwise you can end up with the situation that if a club gets a new ground, they need to move leagues.

Harthill are likely to go east. I dont see them being desperate to be tier 6. We put 12 past them in a friendly with our squad players playing and we arent even the best team in our league

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

This is by far the most sensible comment on the topic of boundaries. Boundaries need to exist - not, "but I'm close to the boundary so let me choose" because who decides how close is close enough for that to be a choice? However, there can and should be exceptions to every rule to allow the sensible application of that rule and where a town or village actually straddles the boundary line then, as Marten very succinctly points out, this is a very good reason to sensibly apply an exception.

I'll reiterate my main point. As things stand there is nothing in the Club 42 rule about villages being cut in half. It is all about the registered ground and the exact line of latitude. If north HL, if south LL. Luncarty's ground is north but I think there are other playing fields in the village that are south.

It's interesting that some of the people who are most adamant about Fauldhouse are willing to be flexible on Luncarty. I hope common sense prevails on Luncarty and people don't get hung about boundaries elsewhere because they want to make sure  certain clubs have to start at tier 8 rather than tier 6.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's interesting that some of the people who are most adamant about Fauldhouse are willing to be flexible on Luncarty.

That's because they are entirely different cases when it comes to making an exception to any rule that may apply. It has been simply and best put by Marten. Fauldhouse doesn't straddle a boundary but Luncarty and Harthill do and therefore have the best cases for exceptions should they wish to ask for one. Those close to the line have little case for exceptions - particularly if it's merely to get a jump in Pyramid position.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'll reiterate my main point. As things stand there is nothing in the Club 42 rule about villages being cut in half. It is all about the registered ground and the exact line of latitude. If north HL, if south LL. Luncarty's ground is north but I think there are other playing fields in the village that are south.

It's interesting that some of the people who are most adamant about Fauldhouse are willing to be flexible on Luncarty. I hope common sense prevails on Luncarty and people don't get hung about boundaries elsewhere because they want to make sure  certain clubs have to start at tier 8 rather than tier 6.

if this ground is north this line isn't drawn from the tay bridge from what I can see

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

f**k up pricey you know theirs a difference stop being an absolute c**t about it