Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Speculative in some cases, lifted from above:
Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill, Drumchapel United PYM 
Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Fauldhouse

Thanks for the update, hadn’t heard anything about Pollok but I’m assuming by your username you’d know on that one [emoji23]

7 minutes ago, southerner said:

Think a bit more respect should be shown to any clubs who decide to stay in their current grade, we live in a world with freedom of choice. I’m sure clubs will also be consulting with fans before making some big decisions. 

Big decisions.... People's fear of losing something tends to outweigh the drive to gain something. It's a natural human instinct.  

But once you properly and dispassionately quantify what it is you actually have, versus what you potentially stand to gain, the decision becomes easier and logic dictates.

8 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Apology Glensmad it is the SJFA meeting. 

Maybe I'm an eternal pessimist BM, but I just can't see this going through without a fight. 

There isn't really anything the SFA can do to stop it, and that is assuming they would wish to try and do so anyway.

A WoSFL plugs the Pyramid gap, doesn't need any further PWG meetings (which have been binned anyway) and Petrie and Maxwell can walk away job done.

1 hour ago, BTID said:

I don’t get statements like Glens. We support the sjfa, even though there’s nothing to support other than staying in the junior setup. But we are looking to apply to leave and jump ship. Make your mind up.

It's how I felt at this point two years ago. My first preference was for the whole SJFA to move into the pyramid, with the ERSJFA merging with the EOS. But if that couldn't happen then I wanted my club to join the others switching to the EOS.

They know the first preference is almost certainly gone now.

On Fauldhouse, I don't think sorting the missing piece in development of the non-league football in Scotland should be side-tracked over one club. Equally, I don't understand how there can be strong feelings either way. The West Lothian boundary is just a line on a map, it's hardly the Rubicon. The ground is about two miles from the boundary. Who cares? And how many people in West Lothian have ever even been to Fauldhouse? It's hardly the Temple Mount of our people.

Having lines is useful but a mile here or there makes no difference. It's the end of the world if a team from just outside Lanarkshire play in the West of Scotland Football League, but it's fine for the East of Scotland Football League to have a member that's not even from Scotland?

Anyway. Trivia. The holy grail is almost in our grasp so let's get this done and sort out the marginal cases later. Good luck to everyone.

38 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's really not.

If it was called the North East league (which it basically is) rather than the HL no one would care.

Give it a few years for Clach, Strathspey and Fort William to get relegated and Banks o Dee, Lochee and Broughty to come up and it would be even more North East centric. 

It;s not farcical for Tayside clubs to be in the Highland League. It's farcical for them to be in a feeder league for the Lowland League and gain promotion to the Highland League

1 minute ago, Myles Offside said:

But this couldn't happen. Being north of the HL/LL boundary, they surely wouldn't be able to play in the EoS in the first place?

That's his point.

Like myself and others including @Marten have said, keep the HL/LL boundry as is. Have the Tayside and Northern Supers  (-Nairn) merge to form the Grampian and Tayside feeder for the HL, with the NCL (+ Nairn) covering the Far North.

15 minutes ago, Myles Offside said:

But this couldn't happen. Being north of the HL/LL boundary, they surely wouldn't be able to play in the EoS in the first place?

This is true but some have compared ERJ not being allowed to join because they share an area with EoSFL with an overlay between SoSFL and WoSFL

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Updated:

Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill, Glenafton Athletic, Drumchapel United PYM, Fauldhouse United

Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Oban Saints, Girvan

I think that puts Fauldhouse in the Confirmed category.

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

That's his point.

Like myself and others including @Marten have said, keep the HL/LL boundry as is. Have the Tayside and Northern Supers  (-Nairn) merge to form the Grampian and Tayside feeder for the HL, with the NCL (+ Nairn) covering the Far North.

What about Spey Valley Utd?

14 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

What about Spey Valley Utd?

While Cromdale is in Highland these days if going with pre 1975 counties (as per the maps earlier in the thread) then it was in Elginshire before reorganisation.