Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Re: dividing lines for Fauldhouse/Bonnyton/Kello (and possible others) it is not anywhere near the issue it is for North of the Tay clubs in the EoS. It'd be farcical for, say, Lochee to win the EoS Premier and get promoted to the HL. The destination is the same for these clubs: the LL. So the odd outlier wouldn't be the end of the world. England managed it for years with Southern/Isthmian leagues. Bit of a non story really. If hard borders were put in place in future you could let clubs remain in their league until promotion/relegation to/from the LL decides their fate but that's a long way off

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What other leagues. Their is 3 leagues and if theirs two go up. These things already happen in the Pyramid. It's no big tam and the joonyurs cocking it up 

Assume a three way play off between WOS EOS and SOS for 2 spots as discussed on here as a potential scenario. EOS club misses out. 2 east region clubs relegated (possibly 3 if lowland has a surplus). EOS then has to relegate its usual 3 + an additional 2/3 if no lateral movement takes place. Up to 6/16 go down from the EOS.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it's significant this is being brought clearly under the LL with the wosfl email address disavowed as a point of contact. It's important people grasp that this wouldn't be a new league but a new division or divisions in an existing one, if it launches next season. The idea that the SFA can somehow block this from happening needs to be clearly false or some people are going to believe it and repeat it as if it were fact.

Think that's more about the fact you had a running tally of clubs enquiring and couldn't assure access was solely to representatives from the LL and EoSFL if the account was transferred. Which is why they have to repeat that any enquiry will be treated in the strictest confidence.

25 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Update:

Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill, Glenafton Athletic, Drumchapel United PYM 

Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Fauldhouse, Oban Saints, Girvan

Is there any public statement about Oban or Glasgow Uni potentially applying? I really hope they do as I’d love to see more cross-pollination with the amateurs, specifically teams like Dunoon Ams, Rothesay Brandane or even Isle of Arran AFC.

is there any teams in the amateur leagues that could realistically stand a chance of being accepted based on their current state? It would be interesting to see how strong teams from say the Caledonian or SAFL would fare.

2 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

Assume a three way play off between WOS EOS and SOS for 2 spots as discussed on here as a potential scenario. EOS club misses out. 2 east region clubs relegated (possibly 3 if lowland has a surplus). EOS then has to relegate its usual 3 + an additional 2/3 if no lateral movement takes place. Up to 6/16 go down from the EOS.

I'm sure they will work it out. Right  now only one comes down

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

These circumstances do need to be covered and yes in an extreme example you might have to, but I doubt there will ever likely be an unlicenced EoS Champion again and I don't think the LL will go to 2 relegation spots until the WoSFL gets some licenced clubs under its belt.

Try to have 16 clubs in the EoS Premier but run with the capacity to have 18.  If extra clubs come down, run at 17 or 18 for a year, and relegate extra clubs at the end to get back to 16.  That way everyone in the EoS knows where the relegation zone will be during the current season.

Edited by sdr71
clearer explanation

Think a bit more respect should be shown to any clubs who decide to stay in their current grade, we live in a world with freedom of choice. I’m sure clubs will also be consulting with fans before making some big decisions. Talbot and Glenafton getting some pelters for supporting a potential other outcome. Change is coming and could be exciting times ahead and opportunities for clubs irrespective of what they decide as it could also open doors for clubs at various levels.

1 minute ago, sdr71 said:

Try to have 16 clubs in the EoS Premier but run with the capacity to have 18.  If extra clubs come down, run at 17 or 18 for a year, and relegate extra clubs at the end to get back to 16.  That way everyone in the EoS knows where the relegation zone will be during the current season.

Fair point.

3 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

If the WoS is in place for next season, I’d be very surprised not to see two automatic relegation spots in the Lowland.

With three feeder leagues, there can’t realistically be one relegation spot.

Fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, sdr71 said:

No need. In the German pyramid they have fixed geographical boundaries and variable relegation below Bundesliga 3.

At the start of the season the expected and maximum number of relegation places in each Regionalliga is declared and so the clubs know exactly how far up the risk of demotion could reach.

Edited by archieb

TJ's only actions so far have been to misinform, string along and confuse the issue in order to delay changes which should have been made years ago. 

While some teams continue to fall for these tactics others are finally coming to their senses and taking matters into their own hands. 

However surely TJ has to have a plan B to try and put the kybosh on this WOSFL. Any administrator (even TJ) looking to prevent teams leaving his organisation would use any means possible to do this. I still worry that the SJFA and SFA will get together to put a stop to this, especially with Rod Petrie going to the WRSJFA meeting tomorrow night. 

I would definitely be happier if the LL invited the SFA to a meeting ASAP to ensure their backing for the WOSFL. 

7 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

If the WoS is in place for next season, I’d be very surprised not to see two automatic relegation spots in the Lowland.

With three feeder leagues, there can’t realistically be one relegation spot.

There can if one of the 3 'feeder' leagues has no members eligible for promotion (i.e. if the WoSL has no licensed clubs, as seems certain in its first season)

3 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

TJ's only actions so far have been to misinform, string along and confuse the issue in order to delay changes which should have been made years ago. 

While some teams continue to fall for these tactics others are finally coming to their senses and taking matters into their own hands. 

However surely TJ has to have a plan B to try and put the kybosh on this WOSFL. Any administrator (even TJ) looking to prevent teams leaving his organisation would use any means possible to do this. I still worry that the SJFA and SFA will get together to put a stop to this, especially with Rod Petrie going to the WRSJFA meeting tomorrow night. 

I would definitely be happier if the LL invited the SFA to a meeting ASAP to ensure their backing for the WOSFL. 

The SFA will not stop this league, and have no means to do so.

27 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

. It'd be farcical for, say, Lochee to win the EoS Premier and get promoted to the HL.

It's really not.

If it was called the North East league (which it basically is) rather than the HL no one would care.

Give it a few years for Clach, Strathspey and Fort William to get relegated and Banks o Dee, Lochee and Broughty to come up and it would be even more North East centric.