Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, BTID said:

I don’t get statements like Glens. We support the sjfa, even though there’s nothing to support other than staying in the junior setup. But we are looking to apply to leave and jump ship. Make your mind up.

To be fair, they will still have to go through an EGM to make an official decision, one that is likely going to be quite heated with a fair few "mon the juniors" people. It makes sense to carefully word statements saying that they really preferred to go into the pyramid under the SJFA and have always been hoping that would happen but as it's not going to happen, they will have to make a choice. That's probably the best defense to the ultra-conservative people at that EGM.

1 minute ago, BTID said:

I don’t get statements like Glens. We support the sjfa, even though there’s nothing to support other than staying in the junior setup. But we are looking to apply to leave and jump ship. Make your mind up.

It's probably just a case of keeping some senile old timers happy. Glenafton are a significant one that could prove to be a bit of a tipping point if it puts pressure on Cumnock and Auchinleck to do the same.

Update:

Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill, Glenafton Athletic, Drumchapel United PYM 

Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Fauldhouse, Oban Saints, Girvan

Edited by ArabAuslander

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There isn't a tier 8.

However let's be absolutely clear here.  West Lothian is an EoS area, and the EoS already has 3 clubs from WL and that will no doubt increase.  There is absolutely no need for a new WoSFL to take clubs from WL when there is already a league for them to join.  They will have more than enough interest from clubs who come from geniuinely west of Scotland areas.  It's a pointless debate as we don't even know if Fauldhouse will even move anywhere!

As was said yesterday, we need to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible.   WRJFA = WoS and ERJFA = EoS. No ambiguity.

These things do need to be thought about though. If the lowland goes to two relegation slots there could be a scenario of two coming down to the EOS and no licensed champion. Would you relegate five?

2 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

f**k it, I’ll say it.

I hate the juniors. Who’s with me? emoji23.png

I can't say anything according to him as my country of birth apparently means I'm not allowed an opinion on junior football. Obviously, it's completely irrelevant that I've visited absolutely loads of junior games, support a junior club and watched more junior football than any other grade .

4 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

These things do need to be thought about though. If the lowland goes to two relegation slots there could be a scenario of two coming down to the EOS and no licensed champion. Would you relegate five?

Presumably if west champion wasnt licensed only 1 would come down. Same as now noone comes down from lowland league if no licence champions 

Think it's significant this is being brought clearly under the LL with the wosfl email address disavowed as a point of contact. It's important people grasp that this wouldn't be a new league but a new division or divisions in an existing one, if it launches next season. The idea that the SFA can somehow block this from happening needs to be clearly false or some people are going to believe it and repeat it as if it were fact.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Presumably if west champion wasnt licensed only 1 would come down. Same as now noone comes down from lowland league if no licence champions 

But there could be 2 licensed champs in the other leagues. Filling the spots. It all gets very complex when there are more outcomes involved.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it's significant this is being brought clearly under the LL with the wosfl email address disavowed as a point of contact. It's important people grasp that this wouldn't be a new league but a new division or divisions in an existing one, if it launches next season. The idea that the SFA can somehow block this from happening needs to be clearly false or some people are going to believe it and repeat it as if it were fact.

Very good point.

Its being done this way as the path of least resistance - all that’s required now are applicant clubs.

9 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

These circumstances do need to be covered and yes in an extreme example you might have to, but I doubt there will ever likely be an unlicenced EoS Champion again and I don't think the LL will go to 2 relegation spots until the WoSFL gets some licenced clubs under its belt.

3 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

But there could be 2 licensed champs in the other leagues. Filling the spots. It all gets very complex when there are more outcomes involved.

What other leagues. Their is 3 leagues and if theirs two go up. These things already happen in the Pyramid. It's no big tam and the joonyurs cocking it up